Windows 10: (BSOD) UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP when using Chrome and various other softwares

Discus and support (BSOD) UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP when using Chrome and various other softwares in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, the title describes my problem. I first got this error when I was watching YouTube videos using Google Chrome, I have multiple tabs opened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OttOiToto, Feb 6, 2019.

1. OttOiToto Win User

(BSOD) UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP when using Chrome and various other softwares

Hello, the title describes my problem. I first got this error when I was watching YouTube videos using Google Chrome, I have multiple tabs opened before I got the UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP BSOD. At the time I thought it was due to some graphic card error, because I saw red and green dots on some tabs. I switched to Edge and somehow everything is fine. However, I got the same UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP error while using other software like Steam and a third party video player (XLKK.exe in this below debugging detail). Steam works fine if I don't use it to browse the Steam Store or visit my profile page. The video player has popup that can sometimes trigger the BSOD. After running into these problems, I tried reinstalling my graphics card and sound card, updating drivers, ran Memory Diagnostics Tool (found no error), updating Windows 10, uninstalling updates to Windows 10, running sfc and dism commands, and the problem is still here. I don't know what to do now, should I just reinstall Windows 10?

Below is the debugging detail from my MEMORY.DMP after the most recent BSOD:

Debugging Details:
    ------------------

KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1

PROCESSES_ANALYSIS: 1

STACKHASH_ANALYSIS: 1

TIMELINE_ANALYSIS: 1

DUMP_CLASS: 1

DUMP_QUALIFIER: 401

BUILD_VERSION_STRING: 17134.1.amd64fre.rs4_release.180410-1804

SYSTEM_MANUFACTURER: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.

SYSTEM_PRODUCT_NAME: MS-7B98

SYSTEM_SKU: Default string

SYSTEM_VERSION: 1.0

BIOS_VENDOR: American Megatrends Inc.

BIOS_VERSION: 1.10

BIOS_DATE: 08/22/2018

BASEBOARD_MANUFACTURER: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.

BASEBOARD_PRODUCT: Z390-A PRO (MS-7B98)

BASEBOARD_VERSION: 1.0

DUMP_TYPE: 1

BUGCHECK_P1: 9

BUGCHECK_P2: 80050033

BUGCHECK_P3: 170678

BUGCHECK_P4: 613fc038

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_9

CPU_COUNT: c

CPU_MHZ: e70

CPU_VENDOR: GenuineIntel

CPU_FAMILY: 6

CPU_MODEL: 9e

CPU_STEPPING: a

CPU_MICROCODE: 6,9e,a,0 (F,M,S,R) SIG: 96'00000000 (cache) 96'00000000 (init)

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: XLKK.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_SESSION_HOST: TOTO-201**** 00000000`80050033 00000000`00170678 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
    ffffcd89`953ff8c0 fffff801`9045aea0 : ffffe408`1145c700 00000000`00000000 ffffe408`065f06e0 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
    ffffcd89`953ffa00 00000000`613fc038 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiXmmException+0x360
    00000000`186ef8c8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x613fc03****1b9c4a4c036b

FOLLOWUP_IP:
    nt!KiXmmException+360
    fffff801`9045aea0 90 nop

FAULT_INSTR_CODE: 6666c390

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 2

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!KiXmmException+360

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME:
    nt

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 5c2b0c3d

STACK_COMMAND: .thread ; .cxr ; kb

BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 360

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x7f_9_nt!KiXmmException

BUCKET_ID: 0x7f_9_nt!KiXmmException

PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS: 0x7f_9_nt!KiXmmException

TARGET_TIME: 2019-02-06T04:25:51.000Z

OSBUILD: 17134

OSSERVICEPACK: 0

SERVICEPACK_NUMBER: 0

OS_REVISION: 0

SUITE_MASK: 784

PRODUCT_TYPE: 1

OSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64

OSNAME: Windows 10

OSEDITION: Windows 10 WinNt TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal

OS_LOCALE:

USER_LCID: 0

OSBUILD_TIMESTAMP: 2018-12-31 22:44:13

BUILDDATESTAMP_STR: 180410-1804

BUILDLAB_STR: rs4_release

BUILDOSVER_STR: 10.0.17134.1.amd64fre.rs4_release.180410-1804

ANALYSIS_SESSION_ELAPSED_TIME: 5dd

ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:0x7f_9_nt!kixmmexception

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {a95499f1-9fe3-b57c-ff75-eeb777384f6f}

Followup: MachineOwner

:)

OttOiToto, Feb 6, 2019

2. stop code UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

Hi I still have a problem with UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

• When did the issue start? - 4 days ago
    • Did you notice any system setting changes prior to the issue? - no
    • Did you recently make any hardware changes to your PC? - no
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? - restarted, uninstalled unused software
    • current Version 1703 and OS Build 15063.726
    • I"ll appreciate your assistance on this problem

IlyaLitovchik, Feb 6, 2019
  3. axe0 Win User
    BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_TRAP)

A start would be providing me the required information, see post #2

axe0, Feb 6, 2019
  4. axe0 Win User

(BSOD) UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP when using Chrome and various other softwares

BSOD Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap

I'll post some tests for other components, but this is pretty much as far as it can go regarding software tests for hardware.

(BSOD) UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP when using Chrome and various other softwares [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Troubleshooting
    (BSOD) UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP when using Chrome and various other softwares [​IMG]
    Read carefully before proceeding.

Part One: CPU Stress Test
    Part Two: Hard Drive Diagnostics
    Part Three: GPU Stress Test

ONE
    CPU TEST

Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums & CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest - Windows 7 Help Forums

Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

TWO
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run following tests
    1. Short Drive Self Test
    2. Short generic
    3. Long generic
    If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

THREE
    GPU TEST

Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

axe0, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

1. (BSOD) UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP when using Chrome and various other softwares - Similar Threads - BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP using

2. Cldflt.sys and various other BSOD's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cldflt.sys and various other BSOD's: Hello, as of recent I've been receiving various blue screen's, with the most common error being attributed to cldflt.sys. It happens most frequently when I try to instantly open applications immediately after starting the computer, but has also been occurring seemingly at...
  3. Cldflt.sys and various other BSOD's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cldflt.sys and various other BSOD's: Hello, as of recent I've been receiving various blue screen's, with the most common error being attributed to cldflt.sys. It happens most frequently when I try to instantly open applications immediately after starting the computer, but has also been occurring seemingly at...
  4. Cldflt.sys and various other BSOD's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trap) When Playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trap) When Playing Overwatch: Hello, I recently built a computer over the holidays with the specs listed in my profile. I have been using it daily for work and for gaming, but the last couple of weeks I got a BSOD error (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trap) twice. I checked event logs both times and learned...
  6. BSoD Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap when shutting down PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSoD Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap when shutting down PC: I don't know if this is harmful. It never occurs normally when working/playing games, just when shut down. I've tried solution that change dumping files from auto to small and it doesn't work. I need to turn off the plug to shut down pc. How to fix this? submitted by...
  7. BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP: I thought the problem was fixed from my last post, but it seems the problem still persists. The problem first started when I noticed several visual bugs like red and green stripes in the below image. This would appear when I'm using Battle.net launcher, Steam, Uplay,...
  8. BSOD Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap

BSOD Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap: Hello everyone, First time posting here and I am completely lost on what to do. I have tried everything I could think of to fix this issue and have not been able to find a solution. Hoping someone here can help. I have been getting random BSOD's for a few months now. I...
  9. BSOD Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap+system_check_exception + several other

BSOD Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap+system_check_exception + several other: Hi, Been having several bsod-incidents after putting together my new windows 10 skylake gaming pc. So far I've had maybe 2 days of joy of gaming in the last month or so. After that two days of use, I started to experience bsod every now and then and it seems that it's...
  10. BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_TRAP)

BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_TRAP): Every time I get on league of legends or any thing that uses graphics, I get the BSOD UNEXEPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. This is extremely annoying and also happens when I watch YouTube videos. This is a brand new computer I built myself and didn't have any problems until I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unexpected kernel mode trap chrome