Windows 10: BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

Discus and support BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I thought the problem was fixed from my last post, but it seems the problem still persists. The problem first started when I noticed several visual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OttOiToto, Feb 15, 2019.

1. OttOiToto Win User

BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

I thought the problem was fixed from my last post, but it seems the problem still persists.

The problem first started when I noticed several visual bugs like red and green stripes in the below image. This would appear when I'm using Battle.net launcher, Steam, Uplay, Chrome, OneDrive, and NVIDIA GeForce Experience. At least these are the ones I found so far. I already tried doing a clean install of the graphic driver and deleted several out of date drivers. Sfc and chkdsk found no error.

BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP d94b8fe3-429e-4f83-8343-71be0cdaee69?upload=true.jpg

Here is the minidump files:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlnmMtw6o-s9izzPVIRTNqCAvcOK

Thanks.

:)

OttOiToto, Feb 15, 2019
  2. axe0 Win User

BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_TRAP)

A start would be providing me the required information, see post #2

3. stop code UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

Hi I still have a problem with UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

• When did the issue start? - 4 days ago
    • Did you notice any system setting changes prior to the issue? - no
    • Did you recently make any hardware changes to your PC? - no
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? - restarted, uninstalled unused software
    • current Version 1703 and OS Build 15063.726
    • I"ll appreciate your assistance on this problem

IlyaLitovchik, Feb 15, 2019
  4. axe0 Win User

BSOD Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap

I'll post some tests for other components, but this is pretty much as far as it can go regarding software tests for hardware.

BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Troubleshooting
    Read carefully before proceeding.

Part One: CPU Stress Test
    Part Two: Hard Drive Diagnostics
    Part Three: GPU Stress Test

ONE
    CPU TEST

Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums & CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest - Windows 7 Help Forums

Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

TWO
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run following tests
    1. Short Drive Self Test
    2. Short generic
    3. Long generic
    If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

THREE
    GPU TEST

Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

Thema:

1. BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP - Similar Threads - BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

2. BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f: Hi, I had a bluescreen with the error UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP win32kbase.sysI tried to read the Dump, but i dont fount the issue, if is a HW issue or a application wo cause this.Here you can findt the Dump of the BSOD: LUZ-EM-G3331PC1_MEMORY.DMPI Hope you can help me to...
  3. BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f: Hi, I had a bluescreen with the error UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP win32kbase.sysI tried to read the Dump, but i dont fount the issue, if is a HW issue or a application wo cause this.Here you can findt the Dump of the BSOD: LUZ-EM-G3331PC1_MEMORY.DMPI Hope you can help me to...
  4. Windows 11 WinForms BSOD kernel crash - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 WinForms BSOD kernel crash - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP: In 2017 I had described an issue in Windows 10 where "the kernel started crashing with BSOD very consistently after performing certain UI actions in our Eclipse SWT desktop application". This issue was fixed in KB4022716 which "Addressed issue Error 0x7F with Windows Forms...
  5. Windows 11 WinForms BSOD kernel crash - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

Windows 11 WinForms BSOD kernel crash - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP: In 2017 I had described an issue in Windows 10 where "the kernel started crashing with BSOD very consistently after performing certain UI actions in our Eclipse SWT desktop application". This issue was fixed in KB4022716 which "Addressed issue Error 0x7F with Windows Forms...
  6. BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f Need Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f Need Help: Hi,I have this error daily. Thanks for help.Dump File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LRJVvi3j5NGm8rlpSCQgwzPh-LSEqWxn/view?usp=sharingChris https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-unexpectedkernelmodetrap-7f-need-help/406763e6-6458-48d3-aa3e-7a8d6a4239b7
  7. BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f Need Help

BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f Need Help: Hi,I have this error daily. Thanks for help.Dump File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LRJVvi3j5NGm8rlpSCQgwzPh-LSEqWxn/view?usp=sharingChris https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-unexpectedkernelmodetrap-7f-need-help/406763e6-6458-48d3-aa3e-7a8d6a4239b7
  8. BSOD - unexpected_kernel_mode_trap - at wit's end

BSOD - unexpected_kernel_mode_trap - at wit's end: Over the past three weeks, my husband and I have both been crashing non-stop when gaming. Doesn't matter what game. Seems to operate better when the machine hasn't been on a long time.We bought identical machines from the same company in 2019, but within the last year, we've...
  9. BSOD - unexpected_kernel_mode_trap - at wit's end

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - unexpected_kernel_mode_trap - at wit's end: Over the past three weeks, my husband and I have both been crashing non-stop when gaming. Doesn't matter what game. Seems to operate better when the machine hasn't been on a long time.We bought identical machines from the same company in 2019, but within the last year, we've...
  10. Can someone help me with this BSOD? It says "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP" and it says it's...

Can someone help me with this BSOD? It says "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP" and it says it's...: So my computer's been bluescreening for the past few days, and it always seems to say "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP". I wanted to pinpoint the exact location so I looked at BlueScreenView and it said "ntoskrnl.exe" was the cause. Can someone help me find the exact root of the...