Windows 10: BSOD - Unknown Cause

Discus and support BSOD - Unknown Cause in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been running into issues with my PC for the past couple of days and the BSOD. I have tried my best to troubleshoot and even re-imaged my system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rjb75, Mar 31, 2020.

1. rjb75 Win User

BSOD - Unknown Cause

I have been running into issues with my PC for the past couple of days and the BSOD. I have tried my best to troubleshoot and even re-imaged my system from scratch and the issue is still occurring. Prior to the re image the issue would happen while I was using the PC but since then it only seems to occur when it is asleep. Been trying to troubleshoot from the event viewer but I can't seem to figure it out.

When using WhoCrashed the conclusion was "6 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you. "

Any help getting to the bottom of this would be much appreciated.

Windows 10 Pro - Version 1909 (Build 18363.720)

Diagnostic Files - Dropbox - DESKTOP-RC42K19-(2020-03-30_19-53-06).zip - Simplify your life

:)

rjb75, Mar 31, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

Random BSODs with unknown cause

Please run driver verifier using the following settings for 48 hours.
    • Special Pool
    • Force IRQL checking
    • Pool Tracking
    • Deadlock Detection
    • Security Checks
    • Miscellaneous Checks
    • Power framework delay fuzzing
    • DDI compliance checking

Warning: driver verifier could cause boot issues and/or performance issues.

Resetting driver verifier options (recommended in this order)
    1. In normal mode open an administrator command prompt and enter the below command
    2. In safe mode open an administrator command prompt and enter the below command
    3. On 3 boot failures, you'll boot automatically to the recovery options,
      • click Troubleshoot
      • go to the advanced options
      • choose command prompt
      • enter the below command
    4. Boot with the recovery media, see above 4 steps in option 3.
    5. Via the recovery options or recovery media, select a restore point prior enabling driver verifier
    Code:
    Crashed when running driver verifier
    1. Reset driver verifier
    2. Boot in normal mode if necessary
    3. Follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions to provide the requested logs

3. Msap14 Win User
    BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Mar 31, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

BSOD - Unknown Cause

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

BSOD - Unknown Cause

1. BSOD - Unknown Cause - Similar Threads - BSOD Unknown Cause

2. Unknown cause for repeated bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown cause for repeated bsod: Was playing roblox and have had repeated bsod with the bugcheck x133 dpc watchdog violation. I have two minidump files but I don't know how to attach them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-cause-for-repeated-bsod/5523de0a-c87c-47ed-90e6-ff88e3591b43
  3. Unknown cause for repeated bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown cause for repeated bsod: Was playing roblox and have had repeated bsod with the bugcheck x133 dpc watchdog violation. I have two minidump files but I don't know how to attach them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-cause-for-repeated-bsod/5523de0a-c87c-47ed-90e6-ff88e3591b43
  4. Sporadicly BSOD - unknown cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sporadicly BSOD - unknown cause: Hi there,a few months ago I started having random BSOD´s. I had no luck getting rid of them and it was anyway time to Upgrade my PC.I upgraded to anAMD Ryzen 7600XEXPO DDR5 6000 RAMAsrock B650 MainboardWD Black SN850 carried over from old systemI had not done a fresh windows...
  5. BSOD caused by unknown problem

BSOD caused by unknown problem: Dear Microsoft Support team,My name is Christian, i am currently experiencing BSOD problem today. So, today in the middle of online class, my wifi started blinking Turn on and off i have done sfc /scannow and many cmd command and tried to reinstall my internet driver. Still...
  6. Multiple BSODS by an unknown cause.

Multiple BSODS by an unknown cause.: Hey everyone, for the past 8 month since I got this new computer I've been getting constant BSODS usually IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and I'm not able to locate the cause. I have run memtest86 and no errors occurred I tried switching drivers, and still the bsod's continue......
  7. BSOD sporadic unknown cause

BSOD sporadic unknown cause: Hey All, Hope im following the rules etc, only thing im worried about is when i ran your tool im not sure if it picked up any DMP files as they seem to go away pretty quickly. Anyway here is your Zip attached : DESKTOP-GIACRJ8-(2019-05-28_16-25-15).zip I have been going...
  8. Random BSODs with unknown cause

Random BSODs with unknown cause: Hey guys! Got a problem with my new system. I get different bluescreens from time to time. Here is a link to an example dump file: Uploadfiles.io - 121818-9968-01.dmp My system: I9-9900k RTX 2080ti 32GB Corsair RGB Pro DDR4 3600 DIMM Samsung 970 Pro 1TB DarkPower...
  9. Kinda BSOD but unknown cause

Kinda BSOD but unknown cause: Hello! My pc turns on after only several attempts - sometimes it gets to the welcome screen and says it does not recognize user or something about RPC but not sure. But when i do turn it on and wake it up from sleep or sometime just random i get a small box saying that the...
  10. BSOD cause (mostly) unknown

BSOD cause (mostly) unknown: My computer has been having regular BSODs that I have tracked to ntoskrnl.exe. I have run the Code: sfc /scannow[/quote] command multiple times and it always comes back clean. I dont remember if I have tried Code: DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth[/quote] or...