Windows 10: BSOD while playing Civilization 6 , CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

Discus and support BSOD while playing Civilization 6 , CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I have been getting the BSOD lately. It has been happening when playing Civilization 6. The latest one had the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SigTauBigT, Feb 17, 2018.

1. BSOD while playing Civilization 6 , CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

Hello Everyone,
    I have been getting the BSOD lately. It has been happening when playing Civilization 6. The latest one had the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
    Tim

:)

SigTauBigT, Feb 17, 2018

2. BSOD / FREEZE Problems with WINDOWS 10

DISCUSSION: The following is recent BSOD/FREEZE occurances. I'm not interested in finding the cause of each one, but rather, when is Microsoft/AMD/et al going to upgrade Windows 10 and/or AMD
    drivers to better handle interrupts and multiple threads.

Configuration: HP 500-314 Computer with: Windows 10 (64 bit), Processor: AMD A8-7600 [Radeon R7 Graphics, 10 Compute Cores (4C + 6G), 3100 MHz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)], 8 GB Memory,
    2 TB HD, 500 GB External HD (Iomega).

RECENT BSOD/FREEZE OCCURANCES:

31.Dec.2015: 03:45:00 AM : TWC_Online : BLACKSCREEN, Auto-Restart : c:/Windows : NO Minidump; Logs: dosvc, WindowsUpdate :
    10.Jan.2016: 4:32 AM : FREEZE while watching CBS 'Blue Bloods' on TWC_Online. Hard Power-Off required to restart computer :

21.Jan.2016: 1:13 PM: Watching “The Blaze” live broadcast: BSOD (CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) with NO Auto-Restart. Hard Power-Off to Restart :

23.Jan.2016: 4:17 AM: Watching TWC Online: FNC : Freeze, then BSOD (CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) : waited 10 minutes: with NO Auto-Restart. Hard Power-Off to Restart :

4.Feb.2016: 5:25 AM: BSOD [THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER] w/Auto-Restart: while watching TWC_Online (Channel 37) :

20.Feb.2016: 7:55 PM: three + hours into Defender Full Scan: BSOD [CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT] :

21.Feb.2016: 1:35 AM: BSOD [CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT] w/ NO Auto-Restart: while watching TWC_Online (Channel 37) :

21.Feb.2016: 12:23 PM: BSOD [THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER] w/Auto-Restart: while watching TWC_Online (AMC) :

22.Feb.2016: 3:25 AM: FREEZE while watching TWC (Billions) :

2.Mar.2016: 6:52 AM: BSOD [THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER]. Preceeded by: deletion of several files from File Explorer “Quick Access” list, then attempt to access TWC_Online via desktop shortcut. :

RalphHosmer, Feb 17, 2018
  3. M4rc1 Win User
    BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+142480, 0x00000101, did test: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (avc3.sys)

Hello guys!

I have a lot of trouble with BSOD atm. Always while playing csgo after some hours I got a crash.

Crash says: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

I have analyzed the .dmp and did the driver test with the verifier.

Thats the result:

With the Verifier:

DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (avc3.sys)

With bluescreenview

1. Bug Check Code: 0x00000101

2. Caused By Driver: ntoskrnl.exe

3. Caused By Address: ntoskrnl.exe+142480

With "whoCrashed":

This was probably caused by the following module:
    ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)

Bugcheck code: 0x101 (0x18, 0x0, 0xFFFFD0009EC00180, 0x6)

Error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

p.s I did run prime95 with focus on ram, 3hours, no bad result.

Do you have any idea about my problem? Can you help me ?

Thanks!

M4rc1, Feb 17, 2018
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD while playing Civilization 6 , CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

Please run the DM Log Collector again and upload a new zip file, the current attached zip is empty.

5. It keeps making empty zip files. Any suggestions?

SigTauBigT, Feb 18, 2018
  6. axe0 New Member
  7. Thank you that one worked. Only problem is the previous tool seems to have emptied my minidump folder. I am attaching what I have anyway and will update with next BSOD.
    TIM_PC (2018-02-18 20 11).zip

SigTauBigT, Feb 18, 2018
  8. axe0 New Member

The DM Log Collector copies the content of the minidump, it doesn't move or delete the dumps.

Seeing that the crashes are a combo of 0x124 (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR) and 0x101 (CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT), please perform the below tests.

BSOD while playing Civilization 6 , CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT [​IMG]
    STOP 0x124 Troubleshooting
    Read carefully before proceeding.

*Arrow Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums & CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest - Windows 7 Help Forums

*Arrow Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

*Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

*Arrow Run SeaTools DOS to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run the long test.
    *Arrow Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Use option TWO with parameter /r
    Upload the chkdsk log *Arrow Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

FOUR
    GPU TEST
    *Arrow Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.
    Make a photo of the result and post it.

In Furmark you can find a tool called 'GPU-Z' (if you want to install GPU-Z is up to you), when GPU-Z is open click on the 'Sensors' tab, on this tab you can monitor
    • the frequency of the GPU,
    • the GPU memory clock,
    • the temperature,
    • the power,
    • the load on the GPU,
    • Etc.
    I would like you to make a screenshot of GPU-Z after you have either cancelled Furmark for any reason or Furmark is finished, post this screenshot in your next reply with the result of Furmark.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD while playing Civilization 6 , CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT - Similar Threads - BSOD while playing

2. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101: BSOD'd with this error. I've crashed many times with no bsod. The computer screen locks followed by a short static soundsometimes. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.20153.1000 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  3. Bsod: Clock_watchdog_timeout

Bsod: Clock_watchdog_timeout: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. - log v2 Windows 10 1909 18363.1016 I've upgraded my CPU to a Ryzen 3600, with new mobo and DDR4 ram to boot. Everything was fine for the first month or so, but now I got multiple BSOD of the...
  4. BSOD playing No Man's Sky : Clock_Watchdog_Timeout

BSOD playing No Man's Sky : Clock_Watchdog_Timeout: Hey, I'm having recurent Clock_Watchdog_Timeout BSOD while playing No Man's Sky. I tried to go through the MEMORY.DMP with WinDbg but it tells me that the dump is corrupted. Actually when the BSOD occurs it blocks on 15% (I let it there for more than an hour with no...
  5. Civilization 6 CPU Priority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Civilization 6 CPU Priority: Why does Windows 10 constantly set Civilization 6 at below normal priority? This game NEEDS normal to above average priority on at least 2 cores to run properly. Every time I set it to above normal priority on 4 of my 8 cores it runs great for a minute or so then chugs to a...
  6. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD: Hello All, My computer has been experiencing BSOD's starting last week. The BSOD will only occur while I am playing a videogame and even then the time in which the BSOD occurs will vary each time. I could have just booted the game or have been playing for an hour. The error...
  7. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101) While playing games

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101) While playing games: Hello. Im getting this BSOD while playing games, randomly. Most of the time it happens late in the game session. I need to know if its a driver issue or a hardware-overclocking issue. My i7 4770k is at 4.7ghz at 1.29v, but it seems stable, besides Im not getting the typical...
  8. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT playing any Game

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT playing any Game: Constantly getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, while playing anything. GTA V it happens 10-20 minutes of starting the program. CS:GO it crashes 20-30 minutes later. I've tried analyzing the DMP files but they point to ntkrnlmp.exe. I've reloaded the OS on the entire PC...
  9. BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout

BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout: So I got this bsod CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. PC froze at 30% while it was auto restarting. Added 2 more ram sticks and this happens a day after. Had issue with the ram's software (to control RGB). They are G.skill Trident Z RGB. Installed the software after adding ram, pc...
  10. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD While Playing Hardware Intensive Games

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD While Playing Hardware Intensive Games: Hey everybody, I've been struggling with this issue for a while, I thought I resolved it a few months ago but it has come back and I'm out of ideas. Ever since upgrading to Win10 at the start of last year I've started getting Clock Watchdog Timeout BSODs. After...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. civilization 6 blue screen

2. civ 6 bsod

3. civilization vi bsod

4. computer power off while playing civ 6