Windows 10: BSOD while playing Overwatch: error 0x00000124

Discus and support BSOD while playing Overwatch: error 0x00000124 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, I just recently downloaded Overwatch and started playing a few hours ago when I suddenly got a BSOD that stated "Whea Uncorrectable Error" as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ryusei, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Ryusei Win User

BSOD while playing Overwatch: error 0x00000124

Hey guys, I just recently downloaded Overwatch and started playing a few hours ago when I suddenly got a BSOD that stated "Whea Uncorrectable Error" as a code. This is a fairly new laptop that I've had for less than 6 months. I've gotten a handful of BSODs over the past 6 months but I've never encountered this error. I've tried using Dell Support Assist to run the usual tests but most come out clean. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you guys need any more data then I'll gladly provide it.

Attachment 88668

:)

Ryusei, Jul 5, 2016
  2. Ar Rom Win User

BSOD While Playing Overwatch & While Streaming (Ntoskrnl.exe & "KMODE_Exception_Not_Handled")

Hi,

Thank you for providing a detailed and complete description of the issue. The Kmode_exception_not_handled error can sometimes be caused by missing drivers. For us to fix this issue, we recommend to install the missing drivers by following these steps:

1. Press Windows Key + X then choose Device Manager from the menu.

2. When Device Manager opens, find any unknown devices, right click them and choose Update Driver Software.

3. Choose "Search automatically for updated driver software." If that doesn’t work, you may want to try the "Browse my computer for driver software" option instead.

4. After you’ve installed all the missing drivers, check if the issue is resolved.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Jul 5, 2016
  3. Alarikun Win User
    BSOD While Playing Overwatch & While Streaming (Ntoskrnl.exe & "KMODE_Exception_Not_Handled")

Alright, so I have a home built Desktop, runs fine about... 90% of the time... but when I play a handful of games, or Stream online, I get a BSOD that points to "Ntoskrnl.exe" as the cause after using WhoCrashed. Occasionally
    I'll get "Kernel_Security_Check_Failure" or "KMODE_Exception_Not_Handled" as well.

The crashes aren't immediate: when playing Overwatch, I tend to get a good 20-30 minutes of play in before the BSOD occurs.

I've uploaded the most recent dump, if anyone could take a look and see what they can find... I'm at a loss... it's getting pretty frustrating.

Specs:

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Pro4 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Processor: Intel Core i7-4790k

RAM: 16 GB

Video Card: Radeon R9 390 (8GB)

DUMP: 110317-4937-01.dmp

Alarikun, Jul 5, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

This type of error is due to a hardware failure and it is very difficult to extract any meaningful data from the dump file. There was an indication that the Intel graphics driver might be involved (igdkmd64.sys) and the eventlog shows a number of hardware disk errors.

So I would definitely run a GPU stress test and a disk test. For completeness also run memory and CPU tests. All the tutorials for these can be found below:

Furmark
    CHKDSK
    Memtest86
    Prime95

Hopefully one of these will trigger something and we can narrow down the culprit.

philc43, Jul 5, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD while playing Overwatch: error 0x00000124 - Similar Threads - BSOD while playing

2. BSOD playing Assassins Creed Origins, error 0x00000124

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing Assassins Creed Origins, error 0x00000124: Hello! Only when I play Assassins Creed Origins this happens. I've attached the required files. Please tell me if I need to give any other information. Thank you in advance! 112863
  3. BSOD error 0x00000124

BSOD error 0x00000124: Attachment 114444 Hello, I got 2 consecutive crashes while playing rainbow 6 siege. The first time it simply freeze. The second time I got BSOD. Can anyone help me pinpoint the problem? Zip file attached Thank 73089
  4. BSOD While playing Xcom2 0x00000124 whea_uncorrectable_error

BSOD While playing Xcom2 0x00000124 whea_uncorrectable_error: I Recently got Xcom 2 and while playing it i got a restart and when i was playing it again i got a BSOD, Any suggestions in whats going on? No other game causes any trouble. Just this one.Attachment 82168 hal.dll+35f1f and ntoskrnl.dll seem to be a problem i have no idea...
  5. BSOD/System Lock playing World Of Warcraft, error 0x00000124

BSOD/System Lock playing World Of Warcraft, error 0x00000124: Good afternoon, Over the past week, I have encountered a BSOD or Hard Lock approximately 20 minutes after starting to play World of Warcraft. I believe the error code that I am receiving is 0x00000124. I was looking through the Event Viewer to find out exactly what went...
  6. BSOD while playing Overwatch, error 0x000000d1 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD while playing Overwatch, error 0x000000d1 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: As the title says I'm getting a BSOD on my wife's computer when running overwatch. Not sure if it's related but the BSOD only occurs when playing a match with other human players, bot matches don't cause a crash. I've done what little diagnostics i know how to do, i've...
  7. BSOD while gaming error 0x00000124

BSOD while gaming error 0x00000124: Sudden and hard freezing while gaming. Luckily. My system rebooted this time after the freeze and I seen the error in event viewer. I do know its hardware related. I just don't know what. I really lucked out. Because this whole time. It just hard freezes and cant do nothing....
  8. Crashing (no BSOD) while playing games 0x00000124

Crashing (no BSOD) while playing games 0x00000124: I get random crashes usually while playing more graphics intensive games but sometime out of the blue. I've had multiple crashing problems ever since I've had this compute but It hasn't inconvienced me much. I upgraded to windows 10 and it seems to pretty much only crash...
  9. Windows 10 Random BSODs While Playing Overwatch

Windows 10 Random BSODs While Playing Overwatch: Hello. I have been experiencing random BSODs since April of this year. They always occur while I'm on Overwatch and never seem to happen any other time. It might just be a coincidence that it seems to occur while I'm playing Overwatch simply because I'm on it a lot, but at...
  10. BSOD / 0x00000124 / while browsing internet

BSOD / 0x00000124 / while browsing internet: I was browsing internet and i suddenly got bsdod. Screen stopped responding and after few moments i got this blue screen. [img] System: CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V-LX GPU: GTX 750Ti PSU: XFX Core Edition Pro 550W RAM: 8GB Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 1600MHz...
Tags: