Windows 10: Can I recover my lost free updated Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support Can I recover my lost free updated Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, this is my first post. Until last week I had my free updated Windows 10 Pro (get Windows10 icon) coming from Windows 7 Ultimate. But after managing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by piupiku, Jun 18, 2016.

1. piupiku Win User

Can I recover my lost free updated Windows 10 Pro?

Hi, this is my first post. Until last week I had my free updated Windows 10 Pro (get Windows10 icon) coming from Windows 7 Ultimate. But after managing my partitions with Partition Wizard for the first time, the OS was damaged so I reinstalled and formatted it with Windows 10 Home installation disc (I didn't have Windows 10 Pro installer disc) and activated it with kmspico. The new OS runs well and is updated with no problems. The question is wether I can recover my previous free Windows 10 Pro. I don't have Windows 7U installation disc, product Id or license to start with. I have Windows 10 Pro iso image disc downloaded from the official Microsoft webpage. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

piupiku, Jun 18, 2016

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 is on my computer (Windows 8.1) but I can't recover it

I recently lost my free upgrade to windows 10, I still have it on my computer but can't recover it. Please help.

Original title: Windows 10

Christopher Lee Allen, Jun 18, 2016
  3. SharonCoa Win User
    Windowsphone-lost all contacts following upgrade to Windows 10

I recently upgraded my Lumia 640 to the latest Windows 10 update. All my text history & all my contacts were lost. Where are they? Lost forever or can I recover them?

SharonCoa, Jun 18, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello piopiku, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Since the free "legal" upgrade of Window 10 Pro was activated, you will have a digital entitlement on Microsoft's activation servers for your PC. You will just need to clean install Windows 10 Pro on the PC with an Internet connection, and it should automatically activate from the digital entitlement.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

Activate Windows 10

Brink, Jun 18, 2016
  5. piupiku Win User
    Thank you very much for welcoming me into your great Tenforums website and for the very fast reply. I feel very relieved to know that there is a simple solution for this problem. Now I'm at home and Windows 10 Home is installed in my office's PC so tomorrow I will follow your intructions and mark as solved this post. Kudos!

piupiku, Jun 18, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Easier ways to upgrade to Pro from Microsoft:

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Not sure if they will work on your illegally activated Windows 10 Home, though, but worth a try to save a clean install. It the first options don't work, try the last option. Just change the product key to the generic Windows 10 Pro product key and it should activate from your digital entitlement.

NavyLCDR, Jun 18, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're welcome. Just don't use illegal activation anymore. That's why you'll need to clean install.

Brink, Jun 18, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Changing the product key to the generic upgrade product key should erase the illegal activation.

NavyLCDR, Jun 18, 2016
  9. I agree with NavyLCDR. Entering the generic key will upgrade to Pro, then it looks for the digital entitlement. If there is one, it will activate, if there isn't it won't.

alphanumeric, Jun 18, 2016
  10. piupiku Win User
    Thanks to Brink, navyLCDR and Alphanumeric for your kindness in trying to help me. In Windows Setup Activate Windows session, the option: "I don't have a product key option" is missing so it's impossible to click the next button without entering a valid product key. The users navyLCDR and Alphanumeric talked about a generic key in order to activate the actual illegal Windows 10 Home and then install Windows 10 Pro, in my case from an USB stick (Supposedly my machine is still entitled to Windows 10 Pro). What can I do in this situation? At least I need the generic product key.

piupiku, Jun 19, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 19, 2016
  12. piupiku Win User
    My apologies to NavyLCDR. I've just realized you left a link "Upgrade from Windows Home to Pro". I'm checking now this tutorial and I think my problem will be solved. Thank you.

piupiku, Jun 19, 2016
  13. piupiku Win User

I entered the generic product key and it was accepted, but the only option allowed is to clean all the files, configuration, apps and personal files without specifying any unit C or D. My PC is partitioned into unit C and D where the last one has all my personal files. My question is if Windows 10 Pro will clean only the unit C where Windows 10 Home is installed or all the partitions (unit C and D) so I can lost all my personal files from unit D. My goal is to clean install Windows 10 Pro in unit C: and leave all my personal files untouched in unit D:. Thanks again...

piupiku, Jun 19, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 19, 2016
  15. piupiku Win User
    I run from USB stick clicking setup but inside Windows. I tried to boot from the USB stick directly (I used Rufus to made it bootable) but for unknown reason the bios ignores it after setting the USB stick as the first device to check by this.

piupiku, Jun 19, 2016
Thema:

1. Can I recover my lost free updated Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - recover lost free

2. Can I update Windows 10 Pro to IOT for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I update Windows 10 Pro to IOT for free?: If not, how can I do it in the best way. How can I update Windows 10 Pro or Home to 'Windows 10 LTSB / IOT'?Thank you for Your help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-update-windows-10-pro-to-iot-for-free/1bc74a0c-9902-49e6-85a5-1d450f647d81
  3. Can I update Windows 10 Pro to IOT for free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I update Windows 10 Pro to IOT for free?: If not, how can I do it in the best way. How can I update Windows 10 Pro or Home to 'Windows 10 LTSB / IOT'?Thank you for Your help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-update-windows-10-pro-to-iot-for-free/1bc74a0c-9902-49e6-85a5-1d450f647d81
  4. Can I update Windows 10 Pro to IOT for free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I updated windows 10 to windows 10 pro. Is it free?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I updated windows 10 to windows 10 pro. Is it free?: Now it says Windows is activated with a digital license to your Microsoft account. Do I need to pay money then? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-updated-windows-10-to-windows-10-pro-is-it-free/0c51d18d-fccd-4c10-91a3-451b33db1627
  6. I updated windows 10 to windows 10 pro. Is it free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated windows 10 to windows 10 pro. Is it free?: Now it says Windows is activated with a digital license to your Microsoft account. Do I need to pay money then? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-updated-windows-10-to-windows-10-pro-is-it-free/0c51d18d-fccd-4c10-91a3-451b33db1627
  7. I updated windows 10 to windows 10 pro. Is it free?

8. can i recover my lost data

can i recover my lost data: My external HDD is not working can i get the free software to recover this data
  9. I lost my Desktop functionality, can I recover it?

in Windows 10 Support
    I lost my Desktop functionality, can I recover it?: I had some files on my Softmaker office program that I wanted to put copies of on my desktop for easy access while I was working on a project. Instead of those few (a dozen or so) it pet all of them on and it seems it also put all the program files on also. I wound ip with...
  10. How can i recover lost partition and data in it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can i recover lost partition and data in it: I was running win 7 with 4 partitions , thought to upgrade to win 10. While installing it didn't allowed me to install. I thought i can run diskpart clean on one partition, selected one volume and ran clean command, but it still cleaned all the partitions. Long story short, I...