Windows 10: Cannot allow my child more MS Family time using mobile

Discus and support Cannot allow my child more MS Family time using mobile in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; i manage my child's use of laptop via time allowed on MS Family. When i get an email requesting extra time i can click the link to grant time... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by d_alexander2, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Cannot allow my child more MS Family time using mobile

i manage my child's use of laptop via time allowed on MS Family. When i get an email requesting extra time i can click the link to grant time successfully if I'm on my PC, but the links don't work if I'm on my android mobile; it opens the Family web page but time is not granted.

Please advise.

:)

d_alexander2, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

How can I let a child in the family have google privileges

Hello Arel, and welcome to Ten Forums. Cannot allow my child more MS Family time using mobile :)

You should be able to add the URL for Google to allow it like in step 7 of OPTION TWO in the tutorial below.

Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10

Brink, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Anonimiss Win User
    Family Screen time is not working!

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Cannot allow my child more MS Family time using mobile

Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10

UPDATE: Email from Microsoft.

Brink, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Cannot allow my child more MS Family time using mobile

1. Cannot allow my child more MS Family time using mobile - Similar Threads - Cannot allow child

2. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety does not limit my child’s time: I don’t know what to do. It just never works. I’ve updated everything, but it just doesn’t limit his time. He has 0 minutes for a day and it shows 0 minutes used in the app, but does not prevent him from logging in or using the PC....
  3. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety does not limit my child’s time: I don’t know what to do. It just never works. I’ve updated everything, but it just doesn’t limit his time. He has 0 minutes for a day and it shows 0 minutes used in the app, but does not prevent him from logging in or using the PC....
  4. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Cant add MS account of child to the "family"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant add MS account of child to the "family": I create MS account for my child, I send the invitation from my MS account, I try to ask for permition from Childs account when I login as a child"... I already try to do this with MS support... Still I cant "add child to family". Every try end with the same answer from MS:...
  6. Family Safety : Child unable to request more time : Account locked in a loop. Cannot login.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Family Safety : Child unable to request more time : Account locked in a loop. Cannot login.: I have HP Pavalion 15" laptop bought brand new 9 months ago for my child. We used family safety app in the iphone to be able to regulate our child's screen time for this laptop. This laptop has only 1 account and that is for my child. It all worked fine for 8 months. One fine...
  7. MS Family Child account cannot connect to internet on new PC

MS Family Child account cannot connect to internet on new PC: Just set up a new family PC. 2 kids laptops work fine under family safety account, but when trying to set them up on the new PC, I get a 'you'll need the internet for this' despite being online as the primary account holder. I made sure the child had access within the time...
  8. In despair I removed my child from MS family, but time restrictions remain

In despair I removed my child from MS family, but time restrictions remain: I have had several problems with MS family. More time I occasionally gave my son was not reflected on his connected Windows laptop. This went on for some time. Now in preparation for his school exams now on-line the issue came up again. In despair I completely removed his...
  9. Can't Add A Child Account to MS Family

Can't Add A Child Account to MS Family: Hi - I'm having some frustrating challenges setting up a child account on my Windows 10 PC. I successfully created a child account, and am able to log into the PC using that account. What I'm having trouble with is adding the child account to my 'family' so that I can...
  10. Allow Child to play Minecraft with Family Win10

Allow Child to play Minecraft with Family Win10: How can I let my child play Minecraft using using their child account setup using Microsoft Family. I have purchased, downloaded, and installed Minecraft using my (parent) account. Its through my Xbox username. We do not own a XBox console. Not sure if that matters....