Windows 10: Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10

Discus and support Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Manage Microsoft Family Settings for Child in Windows 10 How to Manage Microsoft Family Settings for Child in Windows 10 One of the many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10

How to: Manage Microsoft Family Settings for Child in Windows 10

How to Manage Microsoft Family Settings for Child in Windows 10

One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family features and settings. It's a free service that helps families stay connected and keeps kids safer on Windows 10, Xbox One devices, and Android devices running Microsoft Launcher. Youll find settings like activity reporting, screen time limits, location sharing, and content filters, where you can also track kids spending and add money to their Microsoft accounts.

A Microsoft family group is separate from other Microsoft apps and programs. You can sign up with your email account. If you already use Skype, youll have a family chat set up and waiting for you once you create your family group. If you dont already have Skype, get more information and sign up to create an account for your family.

Once you set up your family group, you can add or remove child and adult members.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to manage the family settings (activity, screen time, content restrictions, spending, and find your child) for child members of your Microsoft Family group in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 or step 3 below for how you would like to manage your family settings online.

2. As an adult in the family, go to the step 4 below.

3. Open step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10 [​IMG]

4. Click/tap on the Activity, Screen time, App and game limits, Content restrictions, More options > Spending, More options > Find child on map link for the child you want to manage. (see screenshots below)

Activity - Get weekly email reports of your childs online activity on Windows 10 and Xbox One devices or on Android devices running Microsoft Launcher. You can also review it on account.microsoft.com/family any time. Youll see websites they visit, their browsing history, apps and games they use, and how much screen time they had. Activity reporting is a great way to keep an eye on things and adjust family settings accordingly.

Screen time - Want to make sure your child has a good balance between screen time and other activities? Schedule when theyre welcome to have screen time, opening up time for other pursuits. (Go play outside!) Use one schedule for all Windows 10 and Xbox One devices, or set separate schedules for each. When your child asks you for more timefor homework, of course you can easily respond through email or on account.microsoft.com/family.

App and game limits - If your child is spending too much time on certain apps, you can set limits on the apps to help them achieve a healthy balance. App limits are available on Windows 10 and Xbox One devices, along with Android devices with Microsoft Launcher installed. Once you set a limit on an app, that limit will work across all of their devices. (For example, if you give them three hours on YouTube, they can spend a total of three hours on Windows 10, Xbox One, and Android.)

Content restrictions - The content filters you set determine what your child can get from the websites they visit, which games they can play, or whether they need adult approval to buy from the Microsoft Store. Content filters include three settings: Ask a parent; Apps, games & media; and Web browsing. You set the rules, and you decide when to break them. Like with screen time, your child can send you exception requests for content that you can respond to through email or on account.microsoft.com/family.
    • Turn on Ask a parent - Require adult approval for the things your child wants to buy in Microsoft Store, except what they get with gift cards or money in their Microsoft account. Even when Ask a parent is turned off, you’ll still approve content that exceeds the age limit you set in the Apps, games & media section that we’ll talk about next.
    • Block inappropriate apps, games & media - It’s all fun and games, until your child is using an app that’s not age-appropriate. Set an age limit to block apps, games, and media on Windows 10 and Xbox One devices. Anything rated above that limit will require adult approval.
    • Block inappropriate websites - Help protect your child from surfing adult content on the web when they use Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer browsers on Windows 10 and Xbox One devices. Once you set an age limit for content, we block many sites automatically. You can also choose to block or allow specific sites, or choose to only allow your child to visit sites you’ve said are OK.

Spending - Keep an eye on their shopping habits. See your childs recent purchases, view their payment options, and add money to their Microsoft account, all in one place.

Find your child - Give yourself peace of mind and check in on your child's location whenever you need to. Make sure they made it home safely from school, or use it when they're out with friends. They can use either a Windows 10 phone or an Android device running Microsoft Launcher.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 15, 2015
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 15, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Child Account

I'm disappoint in Microsoft's improved family safety in Windows 10 because family safety and/or family management does not exist in Windows 10 if the Child does not accept the invitation.

RAAllen28306, Dec 15, 2015
Thema:

Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10

1. Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Family Settings Manage

2. Child family account management taken over by a hacker family account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child family account management taken over by a hacker family account.: Our Daughter's Family account has been removed from our Family account without our consent, and added to another Family account that is clearly a malicious account. It's even named "waetrytuhjk" Why try to hijackWe have tried numerous calls and emails to Microsoft support,...
  3. Child family account management taken over by a hacker family account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child family account management taken over by a hacker family account.: Our Daughter's Family account has been removed from our Family account without our consent, and added to another Family account that is clearly a malicious account. It's even named "waetrytuhjk" Why try to hijackWe have tried numerous calls and emails to Microsoft support,...
  4. My child's family managed Microsoft account was hijacked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My child's family managed Microsoft account was hijacked.: I just learned that my child's Microsoft account was hijacked, his account email and aliases were changed and now we are unable to log in to recover it. When we attempt to reclaim the account, we are told that this account does not exist. What is even more frustrating is that...
  5. My child's family managed Microsoft account was hijacked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My child's family managed Microsoft account was hijacked.: I just learned that my child's Microsoft account was hijacked, his account email and aliases were changed and now we are unable to log in to recover it. When we attempt to reclaim the account, we are told that this account does not exist. What is even more frustrating is that...
  6. Leaving a family as a child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Leaving a family as a child: My parents are divorced and my ex-dad has slight control over my account there are certain things i can and cannot do. I am also listed as a child under my family including only me and my ex-dad. I would like to leave the family but can't because i dont have access to his...
  7. Family Settings after child used PC

Family Settings after child used PC: Hi, I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on a work PC. All was fine for over a year. The owners young son then came along and used the machine and somehow activated the Family Settings. Now anytime the owner the original user tries to access Firefox, a box pops up stating...
  8. Family safety settings not updating for Child account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family safety settings not updating for Child account: Hi, My son is 9 and as part of the work from the school, they refer to YouTube videos all the time. As a rule, Youtube is blocked by FamilySafety whioch would be fine except in the current times of lockdowns and closed schools. The problem is in the app, I can see the...
  9. Trying to Manage Family Settings

Trying to Manage Family Settings: For weeks, I've been trying to manage a family member's settings which can only be done online now. I keep getting the following error message Give us a little while to fix this Something’s wrong on our side. For now, you may want to try searching for something else. Can...
  10. Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member How to Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member on Windows 10, Xbox One, and Android Devices A child's location, limit which websites and games they can access, and require your approval...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. manage child settings windows 10