Windows 10: cannot create account window 10, which I hate

Discus and support cannot create account window 10, which I hate in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My hp PC, afflicted with windows 10, has lost my user profile -- which was only one, requiring no log-in. So, I cannot recover that. I tried... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by wralford, Oct 21, 2019.

1. wralford Win User

cannot create account window 10, which I hate

My hp PC, afflicted with windows 10, has lost my user profile -- which was only one, requiring no log-in.

So, I cannot recover that. I tried recreating the profile from scratch, and when I started the computer this morning, everything that I recreated was freaking wiped out again. Being that it's windows freaking 10, there is not option to revert to an earlier version. Stupid.

So I decided to create a new user profile. One must create a new Microsoft account to do that involving your phone, shoe size, latest colo-rectal exam results, etc.

Fine.

I created a password that I likely will forget.

Fine.

Then it wants a PIN. It must include letters and numbers, but will not accept letters. When you type in numbers, they appear in the box. When you type in letters, nothing happens.

So the only thing I can do with my computer is create a new profile every freaking day, which will then be erased the following morning.

Why? Why was Windows 10 created? I liked Windows 7. Why can't I use that?

are you people ****?

:)

wralford, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown cannot create account window 10, which I hate :(

Zakin, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

cannot create account window 10, which I hate [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Thema:

1. cannot create account window 10, which I hate - Similar Threads - cannot create account

2. Why I hate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Why I hate Windows 10: I had windows 10 0n an SSD, had it running with Manjaro and Linux Mint, using GRUB to choose which OS I go to on Startup. I wanted to go to Windows to do something and it will not startup. As a result, I am done with Windows 10, 11, and any other Windows operating systems...
  3. I HATE WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I HATE WINDOWS 10: Like others, my Win 7 Ultimate OS was working fine. There was no reason to upgrade or do anything different. I held on as long as I could and finally, at the advice of a friend, I *cough* downgraded *cough* to Windows 10. I feel like I no longer have control of my computer...
  4. I hate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I hate Windows 10: My computer downloaded the updates to Windows 10 on Sunday and installed them. Since then, I've had nothing but trouble accessing my Yahoo account, no matter which browser I use. I have problems with Facebook. I can't load image-heavy websites. I rolled back the update to a...
  5. Microsoft account which I cannot recover

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account which I cannot recover: Right now i want to change the microsoft email used as my administrator user on my windows pc. However, to do that it seems i need to log into the account im using right now. However i forgot the password, and i cannot reset the password on that account because the original...
  6. Help! I hate Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! I hate Windows 10!: Okay, maybe I don't actually hate it, but I'm definitely not happy with it. If this isn't the right sub for me to ask my questions, please point me in the right direction. For the past five years or so, my only access to the internet was a Kindle Fire. It was okay, but a...
  7. I hate this windows 10 download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I hate this windows 10 download: what the heck do you do to free up space . I have the eternal usb but what do I do to free up space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-hate-this-windows-10-download/c65fa9c6-d95d-4ff5-bbd6-0f4e0b161db1
  8. I truly hate windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I truly hate windows 10: Windows 10 has ruined my computing experience. Why do I have to uninstall all the **** bundled with the OS just to get it to run a bit better. Touted as the fastest Windows ever??? Not my experience. No match for my love with windows 7. I am now trying all the Distros for one...
  9. Cannot create account on Mail

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot create account on Mail: After reinstalling windows onto my laptop and having it setup, I tried adding my gmail and exchange accounts to mail, but after asking for the name I'm using, it constantly loads while 'creating account'. How can I make it at least add an account or finishing loading?...
  10. Cannot Switch/Create Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Switch/Create Accounts: Please move this to the correct forum if this thread is not in the correct area. This is from the start, I upgraded to windows 10.Made a microsoft account and used that to login.Then one day it said that my profile is corrupted.I used another admin account I made to use the...