Windows 10: Cannot get PC to add MS account

Discus and support Cannot get PC to add MS account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In going START-SETTINGS-ACCOUNT, the " add account" button is dead, and when I try to add a Microsoft account, I get the " just a moment" message and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SamWalker4, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Cannot get PC to add MS account

In going START-SETTINGS-ACCOUNT, the " add account" button is dead, and when I try to add a Microsoft account, I get the " just a moment" message and then the screen goes nowhere. I know for a fact the account email address and PW are fine, as it prompted me to use the sign on when on the MS main site to try to get tech support and it pulled up my account information when I logged in.

FWIW, we had a ransomware intrusion about 6 months ago and recovered the OS and HD. I don't know if this is an artifact from that intrusion, but I darn sure know I cant do ANYTHING in regards to adding MS accounts to my PC, and only recently got One Drive back online. HELP!!!!!!!!!

:)

SamWalker4, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Cannot get PC to add MS account [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

4. Mark Ole Win User

Cannot get PC to add MS account

Remove MS Account on pc with Windows 10

Hi,

With regard to your concern, we suggest that you change the account as a local user and add another Microsoft account. To do that, please follow the steps below.

• Go to Settings and click on Accounts.
    • Under Your email and accounts, click on Sign in with the local account instead.
    • Type in the account password.
    • You may change the account name and add a password.
    • Once logged off, log back in.
    • Go back to Your email and accounts, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Cannot get PC to add MS account

1. Cannot get PC to add MS account - Similar Threads - Cannot add account

2. cannot add new user -- get account error.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cannot add new user -- get account error.: I am trying to add a new user to a computer used by may church. I have successfully added an account for a system administrator, and get an error when I try to add the next account.The system administrator account is identical to this one, except the name is admin, not...
  3. cannot add new user -- get account error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot add new user -- get account error.: I am trying to add a new user to a computer used by may church. I have successfully added an account for a system administrator, and get an error when I try to add the next account.The system administrator account is identical to this one, except the name is admin, not...
  4. cannot add new user -- get account error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot attach PC device to MS Account.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot attach PC device to MS Account.: Hi, I seem to be going round in circles. a I wanted to use MS Store for the first time and it refused to start - "try again later". b Following some diagnostics it stated that I was not logged into my MS Account - only to a local account. c Tried logging in to MS...
  6. Add a Pin to an existing MS Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add a Pin to an existing MS Account: I have two computers, a desktop and a laptop both running W10 Pro build 1909 using my MS account. When I set up the desktop I did so with a PIN. Didn't think to do that when I did the laptop. Is there a way at this late date to assign a PIN to the laptop -- preferably the...
  7. Cannot add pc to child account

Cannot add pc to child account: I have 2 child accounts in my MS account family. It was working fine the past several days after setting it up. Today, 1 of the child accounts showed a warning saying that the device could not apply family management settings until the child account logged back into the PC....
  8. cannot add accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot add accounts: Nothing really new here, as this has been an issue since 10 was released. Trying to add three Microsoft accounts to native mail app, but never allows me to. Could Outlook the big boy program be the cause? You wouldn't think so, since they are all Microsoft, but since it is...
  9. Cannot add an account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot add an account: I cannot enter a year of birth. The drop down won't take it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-add-an-account/35da47ca-87be-4d77-be5e-6c176ee99919"
  10. Cannot add 'Other User' Error message = this isn't MS account but is.

Cannot add 'Other User' Error message = this isn't MS account but is.: Hello I have purchased an Insignia Tablet running Windows 10. I have set it up with my MS 365 account and everything went properly. When I tried to add a second user, as soon as I enter the email, I get "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account. Try another email or sign...