Windows 10: Cannot login to Windows with Microsoft account - Store fails with error code

Discus and support Cannot login to Windows with Microsoft account - Store fails with error code in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have had problems with my user account since doing the 1903 upgrade. I am now using a Local Account linked to my C:/Users folder. It is stable but... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JTWilson_UK, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Cannot login to Windows with Microsoft account - Store fails with error code

I have had problems with my user account since doing the 1903 upgrade. I am now using a Local Account linked to my C:/Users folder. It is stable but will not convert to a signed-in MS account, as I get a Store error every time I try to upgrade. this is from the log, after the Store tries to open from the Settings: Accounts: Your info screen

System

- Provider
    [ Name] Windows-ApplicationModel-Store-SDK
    [ Guid] {ff79a477-c45f-4a52-8ae0-2b324346d4e4}
    EventID 1
    Version 0
    Level 2
    Task 1
    Opcode 0
    Keywords 0x8000000000000001
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2019-10-23T10:15:53.463336600Z
    EventRecordID 35583
    Correlation
    -
    Execution
    [ ProcessID] 1644
    [ ThreadID] 9132
    Channel Microsoft-Windows-Store/Operational
    Computer *****Oct2015
    - Security
    [ UserID] S-1-5-21-3983463682-403776462-157807****-1001
    - EventData

Message %7B%7D
    Line Number 653
    File Name C:\BA\40\s\src\Core\Network\HttpRequest.cs
    Function HttpRequestMessageHelper
    Error Code -2147483648

:)

JTWilson_UK, Oct 23, 2019
  2. gupsterg Win User

Games for Windows Live failing to login error code 80048821

Need some help as pulling my hair out with this *Mad Cannot login to Windows with Microsoft account - Store fails with error code :mad:.

I have had my GFWL account for quite a while, not a regular user.

A day or so ago when I went to have a play on GTA IV it would not login to the account. All I get is a nonsense message.

I can login to Xbox live (I don't own one) and Windows Live via browser in OS. I then uninstalled GFWL via control panel in windows 7, I then reinstalled it and still get the issue.

Then I started routing around in AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\ and found a file (GFWLClient01.log), latest error (all are the same in log from past attempts) it has this in it:-

2016-09-27T13:17:19 Error SignIn Failed to sign in to live id with 0x80048821. {Exception: {Type: Microsoft.GamesForWindows.XLiveServices.LiveIdWrapper.IDCRLException} {Message: Authentication failed.} {Source: XLiveServices} {Stack Trace: at Microsoft.GamesForWindows.XLiveServices.LiveId.Authenticate() at Microsoft.GamesForWindows.XLiveServices.LiveId.Authenticate(String memberName, SecureString password) at Microsoft.GamesForWindows.XLiveServices.LocalGamer.SignIn(SigninData signinData)} {Target Site: Boolean Authenticate()} {IDCRL Error Message: IDCRL Exception In Method: Authenticate IDCRL ErrorCode : 80048821}}

I tried using the support chat feature on XBox live site and I can't chat to staff as my name is not filtering through from Windows live account (no way to set on support chat page or XBox live site).

Spoiler
    Cannot login to Windows with Microsoft account - Store fails with error code NEmgwyp.jpg

gupsterg, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Addie Win User
    Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Cannot login to Windows with Microsoft account - Store fails with error code

Microsoft Store not working error Code: 0x80131500

Hi
    Thanks for suggestions
    I had tried all except re registering MSoft Store , but that unfortunately did not work .

Very intermittently use SurfEasy VPN, but last time used pre dated this build & problem by some time.

Have built pc systems /rebuilt windows op system literally100's times over 25 years for myself and others, and troubleshooted most known problems but this looks like a reinstall.
    Not listed in Microsoft web notice as ongoing issue involving current build.

Only had Store problem once before since it was introduced years ago, and that was easily resolved !

Tweakfiend, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Cannot login to Windows with Microsoft account - Store fails with error code

1. Cannot login to Windows with Microsoft account - Store fails with error code - Similar Threads - Cannot login Microsoft

2. Cannot login to Microsoft Store

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login to Microsoft Store: Hey,So my problem is when log in to the Microsoft Store Minecraft Launcher and put my e-mail address, password correctly, it asks me to enter Hello PIN. When i type it, and hit enter, Windows tells me it's wrong, even if it isn't.This problem persists in the Microsoft Store...
  3. Cannot login to Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login to Microsoft Store: Hey,So my problem is when log in to the Microsoft Store Minecraft Launcher and put my e-mail address, password correctly, it asks me to enter Hello PIN. When i type it, and hit enter, Windows tells me it's wrong, even if it isn't.This problem persists in the Microsoft Store...
  4. Cannot login to Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot login to Microsoft Store, cannot login to Email & Accounts in the settings

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot login to Microsoft Store, cannot login to Email & Accounts in the settings: Hi, It is very strange, I cannot login with my email on Windows 10.For example if I got to the Store and click on "Sign in", a popup window appears and disappears immediately again. The same in the settings.Anyone know how to fix this?...
  6. Cannot login to Microsoft Store, cannot login to Email & Accounts in the settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login to Microsoft Store, cannot login to Email & Accounts in the settings: Hi, It is very strange, I cannot login with my email on Windows 10.For example if I got to the Store and click on "Sign in", a popup window appears and disappears immediately again. The same in the settings.Anyone know how to fix this?...
  7. Cannot login to Microsoft Store, cannot login to Email & Accounts in the settings

8. Microsoft Account Login Error Code 0x80048820

Microsoft Account Login Error Code 0x80048820: Hello, since yesterday I can not login into my microsoft account via my windows 10 pc. In the browser everything works fine. So what is happening exactly: It started with the microsoft mail and calender app, where I have my outlook and gmail-accounts. Gmail works fine,...
  9. Cannot login to Microsoft Store with personal account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot login to Microsoft Store with personal account: I would like to install apps from the Microsoft Store, but the only apps listed in the store are those associated with my work. When I try to logout and login with my personal MS account, the login interface informs me that I must use a Work or School account. If I go to...
  10. Error code 0x8009002d and cannot login to administrator account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Error code 0x8009002d and cannot login to administrator account: This happened about a month ago, where one day when I tried to log into my administrator account, I got an error code message (0x8009002d), basically unable to let me log into my administrator account using my pin. I forgot the password to the account, and even unable to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone cannot reach microsoft account error