Windows 10: cannot sign in onedrive desktop

Discus and support cannot sign in onedrive desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running onedrive desktop on two machines (Dell laptop and Surface Pro 4) and a smartphone (iPhone SE). The version of OneDrive on the Dell machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by roceiz, Jan 14, 2019 at 11:12 AM.

1. roceiz Win User

cannot sign in onedrive desktop

I am running onedrive desktop on two machines (Dell laptop and Surface Pro 4) and a smartphone (iPhone SE). The version of OneDrive on the Dell machine cannot sign in. When I launch the application, the process starts but the sign in cannot be completed. I see multiple onedrive icons appear on the taskbar but they disappear when I hover the mouse over the icons. Any advice will be appreciated.

roceiz

:)

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 14, 2019 at 11:13 AM
  3. fjk61011 Win User
    No onedrive

Ok, success. Had to unlink account and sign in again to change location to my E: drive

4. Brink Win User

No onedrive

Hello Francis, cannot sign in onedrive desktop :)

Doing the steps below to install the latest version of OneDrive may be able to help.

1. Download and install the latest version of OneDrive that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the OneDrive desktop app.
    4. When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select Sign in.

Thema:

1. cannot sign in onedrive desktop - Similar Threads - cannot sign onedrive

2. Can't Sign Into OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Sign Into OneDrive: Hi I am trying to sign into OneDrive to renew my subscription but keep getting the following message. "Something went wrong and we can't sign you in at the moment. Please try again later. The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication...
  3. No Sign In Window for OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Sign In Window for OneDrive: I just re-installed Windows 10. I've tried logging in into OneDrive, but the log in window never pops up. I tried clicking the "Sign in" button that comes up when I click on the OneDrive icon in the tray. I also tried right clicking it -> settings -> Account tab -> Add an...
  4. OneDrive desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive desktop: Has anyone had any issues with OneDrive desk top on windows 10. I want the desktop that shows to be 'this pc' not onedrive but I can't find how to change it. Even if onedrive is disabled the files in the Desktop folder for 'this pc' won't show up on my actual desktop. Am I...
  5. OneDrive Sign In Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Sign In Issue: Hi, In the last few days, every time I've logged onto my Windows 10 desktop PC, OneDrive has started asking me to sign in. Now I hardly ever use OneDrive. I've always let it just silently load up. But for some reason it's now continually asking me to sign in. It...
  6. OneDrive Signing In?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Signing In?: my computer restarts and I have one drive automatically starting and syncing files. I have never had a problem with it doing its job. Now all of a sudden in the notifications window when I hover the pointer over it it says "signing in" continuously. I have restarted and...
  7. Cannot Download OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Download OneDrive: My OneDrive was not syncing and it was not in the hidden icon folders, so I followed the advice to uninstall and then try to reinstall. There were 2 OneDrives, one with the cloud and the other as a folder. I uninstalled the cloud OneDrive and the folder OneDrive would not...
  8. OneDrive signing in

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive signing in: I need to get to my online OneDrive to download some documents and/or sync. My laptop folder is empty, understandable as I have never used the laptop with OneDrive when it had win7 as an OS. When I try various directions to sign in I get the following message. "There was a...
  9. Cannot Remove OneDrive from Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Remove OneDrive from Desktop: Hey everybody, ran into a problem that I can't seem to fix and was hoping for some help. I had to reinstall Windows 10 the other day and in doing so, OneDrive came up. I uninstalled it from the Control Panel, but it left an empty folder on my desktop, which appears in the...
  10. Can't sign in to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't sign in to OneDrive: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 Pro x86_64. My little cloud icon says, "not signed in". I'm signing on my computer with my Microsoft account and OneDrive gives absolutely no clue to any of this. No way to sign in with OneDrive and my normal account is fine. Thanks for any...