Windows 10: Can't log into my Microsoft account in Windows applications

Discus and support Can't log into my Microsoft account in Windows applications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A while back I deleted my old Microsoft account, and created a new one with the same email. Well, I think Windows might be a little confused because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by H. Antero Grant, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Can't log into my Microsoft account in Windows applications

A while back I deleted my old Microsoft account, and created a new one with the same email. Well, I think Windows might be a little confused because since then I have been unable to log into the account through, say, Windows Settings, as an example. When I try to make changes to my Windows user account, it tells me to sign in, but when I do just that it tells me that "an illegal state change was requested." I can obviously sign in through on the Microsoft website I'm using the account to leave this question. I thought that I might be able to delete this user profile on Windows 10 and switch to one associated with another Microsoft account, but I'd prefer to not go through that trouble. Is there any way for me to, say change the Microsoft account associated with my current Windows 10 user profile? Or any other way to fix this issue that doesn't involve me moving my files to another user profile? Many thanks to anyone who can help!

:)

H. Antero Grant, Apr 19, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Apr 19, 2020
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Can't log into my Microsoft account in Windows applications

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Can't log into my Microsoft account in Windows applications :(

Zakin, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Can't log into my Microsoft account in Windows applications

1. Can't log into my Microsoft account in Windows applications - Similar Threads - Can't log Microsoft

2. Can't log into my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into my microsoft account: I have a new computer i'm attempting to log into my Microsoft account in Windows with.I'm receiving an error that "The password you entered for your device is incorrect. Please try again."I am sure of my password. I even tried changing my Microsoft password so that I can have...
  3. Can't log into my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log into my microsoft account: I have a new computer i'm attempting to log into my Microsoft account in Windows with.I'm receiving an error that "The password you entered for your device is incorrect. Please try again."I am sure of my password. I even tried changing my Microsoft password so that I can have...
  4. Can't log into Microsoft Account in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log into Microsoft Account in windows: Hello sir, My name is keval patel and My laptop is HP BS180 TX and i have a problem with my Microsoft account .Yesterday i want to log in into my Microsoft store but there is internet problem error 0X800704cf .So i google it and watched all videos about solution of this error...
  5. Can't log into my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't log into my microsoft account: I'm unable to log into my Microsoft account on my computer. Online while on the page page no problem i can log into it. Trying to link my email for easy of access or opening an excel it says to sign in to my account but when i try it says it appears I'm not connected to...
  6. Can't log into my Microsoft account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log into my Microsoft account.: I need to speak to someone as I can't log into my Microsoft Account. I give the correct email and password but when it asks for my Windows Password, it says I'm already logged in. WHY!!!...
  7. Can't log in to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't log in to my Microsoft account: Any time I try to log into my account the window immediately closes. Anyone ever dealt with this? https://twitter.com/MidNiteSage/status/1215442150961426434 submitted by /u/genuinelying [link] [comments]...
  8. Can't log on to my Microsoft Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't log on to my Microsoft Account: Every time i try to log onto my account on my windows pc on any platform like microsoft store or xbox app i keep getting this error message saying Please try again later, and then this error message saying 0x801901f4...
  9. Can't log in to my Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't log in to my Microsoft Account.: [ATTACH] I get this message every time I try to login to my Microsoft Account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-to-my-microsoft-account/eeebba19-9409-4a2f-8745-609d933b2c77
  10. Can't log in on my Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't log in on my Microsoft Account: I can't sing in on my Microsoft account at the my Windows, when i click on that it doesn't show any thing like the page of singing on my account it doesn't show any action. Could you please solve it ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windows phone.com