Windows 10: Can’t Open Elevated Command Prompt

Discus and support Can’t Open Elevated Command Prompt in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello I just installed WIN 10 on an old laptop (if one can call a lenovo W700 a laptop), used a win7 product key and the authentication was accepted... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by icacream, Feb 13, 2018.

1. icacream Win User

Can’t Open Elevated Command Prompt

Hello
    I just installed WIN 10 on an old laptop (if one can call a lenovo W700 a laptop), used a win7 product key and the authentication was accepted
    had to create a microsoft account, refuse to give them all kind of info... arghhh

I am now trying to put in the LENOVO drivers and just get blocked :

“Your organization used WINDOW DEFENDER APPLICATION CONTROL to block this app”

I turned REAL-TIME PROTECTION off
    VIRUS & THREAT PROTECTION off
    APP & browser control off
    placed the folder in which I have the drivers in the exclusions
    no way

I then came here and found the tutorials and tried to open an elevated command prompt
    but even though my account is registered as ADMINISTRATOR, I get the same message
    “your organization....block this app” when I click COMMAND PROMPT

so I get nowhere !
    Help please, in less than 2 years now I’ll have to turn my actual computer from win7 to win10 *cry
    I knew it was not going to be fun...

*Think

:)

icacream, Feb 13, 2018

2. Officeicon.vbs error while installing AutoCAD 2016 on Windows 10

Is this the exact error message?

Can’t find script engine “VBScript” for script <path:\OFFICEICON.vbs>

If that's the error message, open a elevated Command Prompt and type:

regsvr32 %systemroot%\system32\vbscript.dll

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 13, 2018
  3. Elevated Command Prompt

Hi Tommy,

A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands in an elevated command prompt, you can perform tasks that require administrator rights on your computer without using the Windows graphical interface.
    You may open an elevated Command Prompt by following the steps below.

1. Open the Start menu, and type cmd to open the search box.

2. When Command Prompt shows up in the search results, right click or press and hold on it, then click/tap on
    Run as administrator.

Feel free to post your query should you need assistance.

Vanessa Oca, Feb 13, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Feb 13, 2018
  5. icacream Win User
    thanks dalchina,
    but I can't find "secure boot" on my machine
    either it's not there... or I did not go to the right place *Rolleyes

Can’t Open Elevated Command Prompt [​IMG]

icacream, Feb 14, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
  7. icacream Win User
    secure boot is unsupported on my machine....

icacream, Feb 14, 2018
  8. dalchina New Member

So you need to research another possible solution.

Do you have the same problem in a different user profile? Create a new user for test purposes.

dalchina, Feb 14, 2018
  9. icacream Win User
    I created a new administrator account... to no avail *cry
    I guess I'll try to scrap it all and re-install...
    but not today, I have had it !!
    wish me luck
    and thanks for your help

icacream, Feb 14, 2018
  10. dalchina New Member
    Which windows edition and version are you using? Are you using Win 10S? Where did you get your Windows iso from? See:
    : techsupport

My guess is you've installed a copy of Win 10 with security settings built in- group policy. I.e. not a clean Win 10.
    If so, please follow:
    Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    including the instructions to create a bootable usb drive.

Have you searched for your message? There are plenty of results..
    Your organization used WINDOW DEFENDER APPLICATION CONTROL to block this app

Please post a screenshot of Defender (click its tray icon, also Virus and threat protection.
    Have you installed any other AV?

Organisation has used windows defender application control to - Microsoft Community
    - seems to suggest it might happen if you disable Defender.

dalchina, Feb 14, 2018
  11. icacream Win User
    well, well, dalchina, never give up, that's how you became a guru !!!
    but I appreciate it, thanks *Smile

1 - I downloaded from microsoft site on a USB drive
    Download Windows 10

thanks to this article : https://www.howtogeek.com/272201/all-the-ways-you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free/
    and the article is right : authentication worked fine with a win 7 product key

2 - no, I did not install any AV, I doubt I can install anything, right now I would just like to install the thinkpad drivers

I hope these are the screenshots you meant :

I had tried to turn everything off... did not help... of course !
    I gonna check all which your post suggested

icacream, Feb 14, 2018
  12. dalchina New Member
    Windows (MS) deals with drivers for you. You only need intervene if there's a problem which does happen for a few.

What does this say?

dalchina, Feb 14, 2018
  13. AndreTen Win User

AndreTen, Feb 14, 2018
  14. icacream Win User
    no, for instance the side screen is unmanageable right now, I guess it needs the LENOVO driver
    not that I need the extra screen...

I'm reading this : To fix it, I had to disable secure boot in the bios and wipe all the keys from the bios. leave secure boot off and begin the install process again, choose custom and delete ALL partitions from your intended drive (sorry your going to need a fresh install) after you have got the drive completely wiped DO NOT continue the install. Restart and insure secure boot is still off and all keys are erased again if needed. Now you can reinstall windows, again using the custom option and select the version of windows you need. Once its up and running you can load powershell to quickly insure the error is gone (the error will come up immediately when its working incorrectly) if it loads you should be good. You can now restart and return to the bios to enable secure boot and save the current keys. restarting again should have you up and running properly.

well, secure boot I do not have, and I have no clue what "all the keys from the bios" might be... BUT there are several partitions on my drive.... could that be it ?

let's see what else I can try....

icacream, Feb 14, 2018
  15. icacream Win User
    Ooops, was answering dalchina
    just see your post AndreTen - I have seen this tuto but I cannot open a command prompt, that's THE PROBLEM !

icacream, Feb 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Can’t Open Elevated Command Prompt - Similar Threads - Can’t Open Elevated

2. elevated admin command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    elevated admin command prompt: where is the dictionary and/or the appendix for the language to use in the elevated admin command prompt??? I would prefer to simply ask my friends in redmond at the garage to imput the needed code/txt so that my thumbs dont go numb...lolol...
  3. Unable to change -Command Prompt - To :- Elevated Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to change -Command Prompt - To :- Elevated Command Prompt: Having problem installing updates windows 10 64bit - version 2004 -- need to access command prompt as an Administrator to try to fix. Any ideas ?...
  4. Open Elevated Command Prompt via Context Menu ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Elevated Command Prompt via Context Menu ...: ... as the post title. My search here only found a tutorial for a 'standard' command prompt. -thx 167608
  5. Access Denied in elevated command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access Denied in elevated command prompt: Hello everybody, I'm trying to run a simple command in an elevated Command Prompt that acts on a folder that resides on a secondary HDD. That drive and the entirety of its contents have my only machine's user account also the administrator set as the owner, as does...
  6. Run vs. Command Prompt vs Elevated command prompt?

in Windows 10 Support
    Run vs. Command Prompt vs Elevated command prompt?: Is there a rule of thumb to know which of the referenced you would use when entering a particular command or file name? Mark 112722
  7. Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt?: I have read everything I can find on Error messages regarding looping of Preparing to Repair. I can not open my computer to Windows...it never loads. I started experiencing problems a while ago. Finally, I would be able to get on line, but only for about a minute before it...
  8. Make Elevated Command Prompt open to %userprofile%

in Windows 10 Support
    Make Elevated Command Prompt open to %userprofile%: I have the Command Prompt icon on my Taskbar as I use it a lot. It's set to always run as Administrator, so when I launch it, the Command Prompt window opens to C:\Windows\system32. I want it to open to %userprofile% which is C:\Users\myaccountname. Has anyone found a...
  9. Get elevated command prompt to open in my user directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Get elevated command prompt to open in my user directory: I changed Command Prompt on my Taskbar so when I click on it, it opens as Administrator. That sets the default directory as C:\WINDOWS\system32 which I don't like, since any files I create that do not have a path specified will be created there. I want it to open in my...
  10. Open Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 10: How to: Open Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 10 [img] Information A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands in an elevated command prompt, you can perform tasks that require administrator rights on...