Windows 10: Can't Pin or Unpin to Taskbar

Discus and support Can't Pin or Unpin to Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just noticed today that I am unable to right click on an item on the taskbar making it not possible to pin or unpin. Is this happening to anyone else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by N7AS, Sep 3, 2015.

1. N7AS Win User

Can't Pin or Unpin to Taskbar

I just noticed today that I am unable to right click on an item on the taskbar making it not possible to pin or unpin. Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me?

:)

N7AS, Sep 3, 2015

2. File Explorer in Taskbar woun't launch

Hi Adrien,

I would suggest you to unpin the File Explorer from Taskbar and then again try to pin it and check if it helps.

To unpin the File Explorer, right click on it and select Unpin this program from Taskbar.

To pin the File Explorer, search for File Explorer using from Start menu and right click on it and
    select Pin to Taskbar.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Sep 3, 2015
  3. how to unpin from taskbar

Hi,

More information on unpinning from taskbar.

How to 'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar" Apps in Windows 10

'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10

How to Reset and Clear All Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows 10

Reset and Clear Taskbar Pinned Apps in Windows 10

See the "Related Tutorials" at the end section both of those for more.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Sep 3, 2015
  4. N7AS Win User

Also, I was unable to bring up the Start Menu, so could not reboot or shutdown with that method. So I forced a manual shutdown. Started up again and everything is ok now. I wonder why this happened in the first place?

N7AS, Sep 3, 2015
  5. Ringel05 Win User
    Couldn't do it with the Windows Start, has to be done by right clicking on the desktop (clear area) then selecting New then Shortcut. Your options with that are limited. I downloaded and installed StartisBack and that gave me much more control.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...rtIsBack.shtml

Ringel05, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't Pin or Unpin to Taskbar - Similar Threads - Can't Pin Unpin

2. Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working: I'm at the end of my rope trying to fix this. Not sure "when" this started by I can no longer pin apps to the taskbar nor can I unpin apps that are already pinned. I don't even have the "option" to attempt either action. When I right click on an app that is in the taskbar I...
  3. Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working: I'm at the end of my rope trying to fix this. Not sure "when" this started by I can no longer pin apps to the taskbar nor can I unpin apps that are already pinned. I don't even have the "option" to attempt either action. When I right click on an app that is in the taskbar I...
  4. Title Taskbar Pin/Unpin functionality upgrade!?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Title Taskbar Pin/Unpin functionality upgrade!?: In saving grace of search results and finds who wants to have pin to title no sooner to find that it didn't work... online Fair Trade Act Program for functionality community outreach ASAP purchase value common wealth software vs. landmine non-disposable computer devises....
  5. taskbar - how to pin what unpinned itself?

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar - how to pin what unpinned itself?: Hi to all! My internet connection icon that was on my taskbar disappeared. How do I pin it back? I tried several things and nothing worked... (I know. It sounds stupid, but it is driving me nuts!)...
  6. Can't pin or unpin apps to the taskbar!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't pin or unpin apps to the taskbar!: My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 13 7000, updated to Windows 10 Home version 1083. I am having trouble pinning and unpinning apps to my taskbar. The issue is a bit hard to explain, but I will try my best to describe it. I've also attached screenshots to help clarify. When I...
  7. Query re pinning and unpinning apps to taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query re pinning and unpinning apps to taskbar: I tried using Edge and as I liked it I right clicked the app listing and the pinned it to the taskbar. What I want to know is how to put that Edge listing back with the other apps because if I unpin it from the taskbar how does one reattach Edge to the listings. 119565
  8. Can't right-click programs in taskbar to pin/unpin, etc.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't right-click programs in taskbar to pin/unpin, etc.: In 7 I could right-click open programs in the taskbar to pin or unpin them. Since I use a "Quick Launch" toolbar instead of pinned items, I wanted to get rid of the pinned Edge, Explorer, and Store icons, but right-clicking them did nothing. I can shift-click them, but that...
  9. Pinned Files on Taskbar Don't Work, Can't Unpin, Can't Pin New

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned Files on Taskbar Don't Work, Can't Unpin, Can't Pin New: Hi! Did the Win 10 update last night. Now I can't run my pinned Excel files ("The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved, renamed, or removed. Do you want to remove it from the list?") But when I say Yes, it's not removed. If I click the icon for...
  10. Can't unpin items from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin items from the taskbar: I can pin items to the taskbar but when I right click on an item I can't unpin. Only had this problem with 10240. 8606

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cant pin or unpin to taskbar