Windows 10: Can't remove email/Microsoft account attached to Local User Account

Discus and support Can't remove email/Microsoft account attached to Local User Account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; At some point one of my siblings logged onto their Microsoft account from my PC, and for some reason it attached their email to my local user account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by InFamousAnthuny, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Can't remove email/Microsoft account attached to Local User Account

At some point one of my siblings logged onto their Microsoft account from my PC, and for some reason it attached their email to my local user account instead of my actual email.
    https://i.imgur.com/6ES1gy0.png

Now I can't remove their email and I can't make mine the primary email.
    https://i.imgur.com/WTaWIwO.png

Found the answer:

-----

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...58-ae11-379ea406bfaa?LastReply=true#LastReply

"open regedit.exe and delete the key for the email account you want to remove from the following location: HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities"

This removed the email from the "Your Info" page, but it was still on the "Email and accounts" and didn't have a remove option. But now there was a "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" option on the "Your Info" page where there hadn't been before. I signed in with my own Microsoft account and now the email in "Emails and accounts" was removable. Afterwards I converted it back to a local account and my own Microsoft account was removable as well in "Emails and accounts", as the previous account should have been from the start.

-----

:)

InFamousAnthuny, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. How to completely remove all traces of a Microsoft Account from a local User Account

Hi,

To assist you with your concern on removing traces of Microsoft Account on your local account, you may do the following steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Select Manage User Accounts - here you can delete the traces of the Microsoft Account.

Let us know how it goes.

Christian Mart, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Can't remove email/Microsoft account attached to Local User Account

How to Change Microsoft user account to local user account

Hi Pchelpmenow,

At this situation, what I can suggest you is you have to convert the Microsoft user account to local user account.

• Log to the system using her user account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.

• Enter the password, click on Next
      and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Thank you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Can't remove email/Microsoft account attached to Local User Account

1. Can't remove email/Microsoft account attached to Local User Account - Similar Threads - Can't remove email

2. removing a local user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    removing a local user account: I have opened a local user account in Windows 10. I want to delete. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-local-user-account/87ea0603-d0fd-4375-a12b-a2b6f0a80b27
  3. Can't change local account to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change local account to microsoft account: I couldn't sign into the xbox app and widgets said I wasn't online, so i changed my admin microsoft account to a local account. When trying to change it back to a microsoft account i always get: Oops something went wrong. When i try to sign into my account via browser it...
  4. Can't change local account to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change local account to microsoft account: I couldn't sign into the xbox app and widgets said I wasn't online, so i changed my admin microsoft account to a local account. When trying to change it back to a microsoft account i always get: Oops something went wrong. When i try to sign into my account via browser it...
  5. Remove email account linked to my local Windows account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove email account linked to my local Windows account: Good day, Can someone suggest to me how to remove the outlook email address linked to my local Windows account? Because of this Microsoft family is automatically activated with restrictions applicable for my son as the email address is his. Thanks in advance...
  6. Microsoft email attached to user accounts

Microsoft email attached to user accounts: Is there a way to change the email on the user account? Under settings -> Account -> Your info the name of the user is listed and under that is the email and under that is either Administrator or Local account. I would like to change the email associated with the account...
  7. How to Replace the Email Address Attached to Local User Account

How to Replace the Email Address Attached to Local User Account: At some point one of my siblings logged onto their Microsoft account from my PC, and for some reason it attached their email to my local user account instead of my actual email. https://i.imgur.com/6ES1gy0.png Now I can't remove their email and I can't make mine the primary...
  8. Can't remove local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't remove local account: On startup, a local account always appears along with my MS account. The MS account is the one I sign in with. I can't find anywhere to remove the local account. It doesn't appear in "netplwiz", "Accounts" or anywhere else I can find. It only appears on mLogin I login with my...
  9. Can't remove local account

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't remove local account: On startup, a local account always appears along with my MS account. The MS account is the one I sign in with. I can't find anywhere to remove the local account. It doesn't appear in "netplwiz", "Accounts" or anywhere else I can find. It only appears on mLogin I login with my...
  10. Remove an Email & Apps account (not a user account)

Remove an Email & Apps account (not a user account): I had previously logged in to my work OneDrive account on my personal computer. I have now left the company and my account (Office365) has now been closed on their end but I constantly get issue notifications that there is a problem with my account but I can't seem to remove...