Windows 10: Can't sign into Microsoft Store after transferring account locally.

Discus and support Can't sign into Microsoft Store after transferring account locally. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I made a fresh windows account and transferred my old user to the new account. And now I can't sign into the Microsoft Store or the Xbox app. I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Yayswan, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Yayswan Win User

Can't sign into Microsoft Store after transferring account locally.

So I made a fresh windows account and transferred my old user to the new account. And now I can't sign into the Microsoft Store or the Xbox app.

I get the error "We encountered an error. Please try signing in again later." for the Microsoft Store.

I get the error "A specified logon session does not exist. It may have already been terminated." for the Xbox app.

I have tried a lot of methods to fix this but I can't seem to get this problem fixed.

:)

Yayswan, Jan 23, 2020
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Can't sign into Microsoft Store after transferring account locally. [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

4. Kari Win User

Local account and signing into Windows Store

You naturally need to select Sign in to just for this app instead if you want to continue using your local account to sign in to Windows and only need to sign in to Store. Entering your password and clicking Next in this dialog will convert your complete local account to a Microsoft account.

Can't sign into Microsoft Store after transferring account locally. [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Can't sign into Microsoft Store after transferring account locally. - Similar Threads - Can't sign Microsoft

2. Can't sign in to local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to local account: Hello, I cannot sign into my local account from administrator. Whenever I click Start>My Profile, it doesn't have an option of other local accounts that I have created. It doesn't show to sign into a local account instead in the settings. I already updated my computer...
  3. Can't sign in to local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in to local account: Hello, I cannot sign into my local account from administrator. Whenever I click Start>My Profile, it doesn't have an option of other local accounts that I have created. It doesn't show to sign into a local account instead in the settings. I already updated my computer...
  4. Can't sign in to local account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck on local account can't sign in using microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck on local account can't sign in using microsoft account?: So I tried to remove an unusued account from "Email & accounts" but i accidently signed out of my microsoft account in the "Your info" and now when i try to log back in it comes up "'_______ is here already' Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you...
  6. Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account: What are the advantages of signing into my Win 10 PC using a Microsoft account versus I have been using a local account. What do I gain by using the Microsoft account?...
  7. Can't Sign in to account on Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Sign in to account on Microsoft Store: In the Microsoft Store, whenever I try to sign in to my gmail account that I use for microsoft things, it says the same message "this doesn't look like a work or school email address." The store automatically signs me in to my deleted gmail that I don't even remember the...
  8. Can't sign in with Local Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in with Local Account: I can't sign in with Windows Hello or my pin number on my surface pro. I have to sign in with my Microsoft Account each time the laptop is locked. When I try to switch to a local account, I enter my password and set up my a new password, click next and it gives me the...
  9. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  10. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...