Windows 10: Can't switch accounts

Discus and support Can't switch accounts in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; A friend has set up her new laptop running windows 10 by using a gmail account as the user. I've created an outlook.com account for her as we want to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ChrisHall166, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Can't switch accounts

A friend has set up her new laptop running windows 10 by using a gmail account as the user. I've created an outlook.com account for her as we want to use that instead of the gmail account. I've added the account to Windows 10 so the laptop has two accounts on there.

However, we can't get the laptop to switch from the GMail account to the Outlook account. Every time we switch or reboot it immediately comes back with the PIN login for the gmail account.

Any idea what we can do to switch the accounts?

Thanks

:)

ChrisHall166, Mar 18, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. Brink Win User

Can't switch accounts

local account unable to switch to MS account

That's ok. When you get to step 7 above, you would just leave it blank.

When you successfully switch to a Microsoft account, it will use the password of your Microsoft account.

Brink, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Can't switch accounts

1. Can't switch accounts - Similar Threads - Can't switch accounts

2. Can't switch to other accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't switch to other accounts: Hello,For the past 2 days, I am not able to switch user accounts because they don't come up on the startup/logon screen or the taskbar menu. The account name does come up with the net user command prompt, the account is enabled and is an Administrator account.So far, I have...
  3. Can't switch to other accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't switch to other accounts: Hello,For the past 2 days, I am not able to switch user accounts because they don't come up on the startup/logon screen or the taskbar menu. The account name does come up with the net user command prompt, the account is enabled and is an Administrator account.So far, I have...
  4. Can't switch to local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't switch to local account: I've signed in with a microsoft account and am trying to change my user account password. I don't want to change my microsoft account password so I'm trying to change to local account but the option is missing...
  5. Can't switch to other accounts

Can't switch to other accounts: HiAfter I fixed the problem with my hard disk and successfully entered the desktop with a new administrator account, I can't login to other accounts now.Every time I try to switch users it won't work and take me back to login screen and there aren't any other users in login...
  6. Can't switch to other accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't switch to other accounts: HiAfter I fixed the problem with my hard disk and successfully entered the desktop with a new administrator account, I can't login to other accounts now.Every time I try to switch users it won't work and take me back to login screen and there aren't any other users in login...
  7. Can't switch to other accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't switch account to admin!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't switch account to admin!: So, my account was at admin privileges until something happened and I signed in as a standard user, and now, I can't switch back to admin. I tried trough the User accounts, and the cmd. I basically lost control of my computer please help!...
  9. Can't switch to a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't switch to a Microsoft account: I can't switch to a Microsoft account on my Windows 10 laptop. I'm trying to sign in with a Microsoft account instead from a local account. It says it need to install an app for the task. It offers to search in the Microsoft Store, but it displays "Try that again. Page could...
  10. Can't switch Microsoft account to local account

Can't switch Microsoft account to local account: Hi! I'm having trouble with changing my account from Microsoft account to local account. When I change it, Windows says: "We are sorry, but something went wrong. Your Microsoft account wasn't changed to local account. Code: 0x80070057" Can anyone help me plz? I'm tired...