Windows 10: Can't switch from S Mode to Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support Can't switch from S Mode to Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just bought a new Surface Laptop and it came in S Mode, which I can't use because I need to download external software for both school and work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by axwang_, Nov 8, 2018.

1. axwang_ Win User

Can't switch from S Mode to Windows 10 Pro?

I just bought a new Surface Laptop and it came in S Mode, which I can't use because I need to download external software for both school and work. Every time I go to the page on the Windows Store and click 'Install", it always says 'something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade'. No matter how many times I click the 'Try again' button, nothing changes. Help?

:)

axwang_, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Ethan B. Win User

Switching out of Windows 10 Pro S Mode

Hi Amanda,

Hope I can help you here, I'd actually like for you to go to Pro since you can do so much more with your very capable machine. Given that Windows 10 Pro is in S mode, and on your computer is not Windows 10 S itself, you should be able to switch out of that.

Here's a link that should serve as a reference to these instructions that will follow:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deploy...

1. Sign into the Microsoft Store using your Microsoft account.

2. Search for "S mode"

3. In the offer, click Buy, Get, OR Learn more. You'll be prompted to save your files before the switch starts. Follow the prompts to switch to Windows 10 Pro.

Let me know what happens when you try to perform these steps, and we'll be able to go from there. Good luck.

Ethan B., Nov 8, 2018
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Nov 8, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Enable S mode in Windows 10  

Ok - when time permits, I will have a crack but not at the moment.

As a suggestion, perhaps a guide subsection in the tutorials section mihht be useful i.e. guides like this that are easy enough to follow but assume sone experience?

I have written a couple of guides that people here have happily followed but they do not have every click e.g. I might say "use fix wondows boot problems"using Macrium Reflect, rather than showing every click, putting a reference to the MR Tutorial.

I could video every step and create a video more easily I suppose.

cereberus, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't switch from S Mode to Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - Can't switch Mode

2. switching from S mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    switching from S mode: I Installed a trial Parallels Desktop v17 . I joined the Windows Preview program and downloaded Windows 10 insider for ARM and installed it. This runs in S mode but I need it to run in non S mode. However when I go to deactivate S mode, Microsoft tells me I don't have a valid...
  3. Can't switch from S mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't switch from S mode: Hi I bought my girlfriend a laptop for her birthday which is basically unusable because I cant get it to leave S mode and switch to normal Windows Home mode. Her birthday was in May. The laptop has had updates and still no fix. When i click the links to follow via the...
  4. Can't switch out from Windows 10 S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't switch out from Windows 10 S mode: When i try to switch out of s mode my pc keeps saying these two thing. Somthing happened our end or your not connected every thing started doing this as soon a I restarted my PC because I didn't have storage... And when i try to search something up it says this site cant...
  5. SWITCH OUT OF WINDOWS 10 PRO IN S MODE

SWITCH OUT OF WINDOWS 10 PRO IN S MODE: I have been having issues with switching out of Windows 10 Pro in S mode. I got this Dell Inspiron 3583 in December from Amazon. It had Windows 10 Home in S mode. A friend of mine gave me a product key to try and switch it to Windows 10 Pro, and it is Pro now, but its still...
  6. Can't switch out from Windows 10 S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't switch out from Windows 10 S mode: I keep getting an error when getting to the Microsoft Store to switch out of S mode. I've done all the updates but still no luck... ***Original Title: Store error when trying to switch out of S mode***...
  7. Can't switch Windows 10 Pro out of S mode

Can't switch Windows 10 Pro out of S mode: I just got a new HP laptop. It came with windows 10 pro. I wanted to download Chrome browser. It wouldn't let me because it is in Smode. I followed the tutorials to get it out of S mode. I got the the place where I click "Get" in order to switch out of S mode. It then asks me...
  8. Switching from S Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switching from S Mode: Hello. Ive recently purchased a laptop with windows 10. i need to switch from S mode. I go to the store and select 'Get' but then all I have is an error message 0x80070426. What might I be doing wrong?...
  9. Can't Switch From S Mode

Can't Switch From S Mode: Recently got the GeoFlex 11 hybrid tablet/laptop and have been setting it up today. Wanted to install a program and was asked to switch from S Mode to Windows 10 home. Tried to do that and received the message 'Try Again Later, Something happened at our end' I have already...
  10. Switching Windows !) Pro 64 - S Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching Windows !) Pro 64 - S Mode: Build 17134.320 01/10/2018 I have had a major software crash believed to be caused by a Windows update that failed. As a result I have had to reinstall Windows which was done successfully and automatically activated. However, the version is in S Mode, which I did not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro s cant switch of s mode

2. cant switch from 10s