Windows 10: Can't switch Microsoft account to local account

Discus and support Can't switch Microsoft account to local account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi! I'm having trouble with changing my account from Microsoft account to local account. When I change it, Windows says: "We are sorry, but... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ngo Quang Khai, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Can't switch Microsoft account to local account

Hi!

I'm having trouble with changing my account from Microsoft account to local account. When I change it, Windows says:

"We are sorry, but something went wrong. Your Microsoft account wasn't changed to local account. Code: 0x80070057"

Can anyone help me plz? I'm tired of typing password all the time.

:)

Ngo Quang Khai, Jun 29, 2019

2. Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

Yea, I would create a local account and just use your school account to login to Outlook and Onedrive.

Edit:

Here switch between local and microsoft account.

Mindweaver, Jun 29, 2019
  3. DarWun Win User
    Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

I already identified that I had tried this, and that it did not allow me to switch back to the original Local Account. The Microsoft Account hijacked the User Name of the original Local Account. When I click "Sign in With a Local Account instead" and enter
    the original User Name, Windows 10 won't proceed. The only way to get back to a Local Account is enter a new User Name.

DarWun, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Can't switch Microsoft account to local account

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

Can't switch Microsoft account to local account

1. Can't switch Microsoft account to local account - Similar Threads - Can't switch Microsoft

2. Can't switch to local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't switch to local account: I've signed in with a microsoft account and am trying to change my user account password. I don't want to change my microsoft account password so I'm trying to change to local account but the option is missing...
  3. Switching the Microsoft account associate with my local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching the Microsoft account associate with my local account: Currently my local account is associated with my mum's Microsoft account since she bought this laptop quite a while ago. But now I'm the one fully using the laptop and I want to switch the Microsoft account to my Microsoft account since I already have one. Is there anyway I...
  4. Can't switch back from Microsoft account to Local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't switch back from Microsoft account to Local account: I had on my W10 a local account as administrator. I've logged it with my Outlook account, in order to purchase some item from Microsoft store. Now I want to revert back to Local account, but doesn't work. Of course I'm using my now my Outlook password instead of the local...
  5. Switched to Local Account and Can't Log In

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switched to Local Account and Can't Log In: Trying to switch from one Microsoft account to another on laptop. Went through set up as local user, typed in password 2x and hint. Went to next steps as screen instructed. Tried to log in under local user and password wont work. How can I get back in and sign in with my...
  6. Switch to a Local Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switch to a Local Account: I am trying to set up a local account after I have a Microsoft account set up. But it appears there is no option to add a local user when I go through the Settings, Your Account section. Why is this?...
  7. Switch local account to Microsoft login

Switch local account to Microsoft login: I initially made a local account on my computer, but want to have this account info switched to my Microsoft login without having to manually move all user info. Most online searching mentions a link to "login to Microsoft account", but that is not displayed in my user...
  8. Switch local to microsoft account on windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch local to microsoft account on windows: i'm trying to switch my windows local account to my Microsoft account but after i go to setting>accounts>your_info>sign in with a Microsoft account instead and write down my user name and password i get a message that another user on this device using my Microsoft account...
  9. Switch to local account or reinstall with local account

Switch to local account or reinstall with local account: Hello. So i am new to Win 10, and recently did a Windows 10 Home edition test install on a separate harddrive (using Win 7 atm). I installed using the Microsoft account method, as i thought this was the only option. I recently found out that it is possible to install Win 10...
  10. Can't Switch from Local to Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Switch from Local to Microsoft Account: Not sure if the problem is with my Windows or with Microsoft. I changed my account to a local one (for some reason I can't remember) before I upgraded to Windows 10. I tried changing it back to a Microsoft account, I am able to type in my account, password, my computer...