Windows 10: Cant update windows or even reset it.

Discus and support Cant update windows or even reset it. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I cloned my drive a while back and since then I havent been able to get any windows updates or even reset my pc. Ive tryed everything and watched every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YaBoiYammy, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Cant update windows or even reset it.

I cloned my drive a while back and since then I havent been able to get any windows updates or even reset my pc. Ive tryed everything and watched every youtube tutorial. please help omg

submitted by /u/YaBoiYammy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/YaBoiYammy, Mar 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Mar 18, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Cant update windows or even reset it.

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Cant update windows or even reset it. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Cant update windows or even reset it.

1. Cant update windows or even reset it. - Similar Threads - Cant update reset

2. Cant login into Microsoft account even if reseting password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant login into Microsoft account even if reseting password: Recently i have gotten back into minecraft. So i downloaded the launcher and went to login using my microsoft account. then my password did not work i went to reset it and still nothing. then i went to the microsoft store app logged out then i could not log back in.I have...
  3. Cant login into Microsoft account even if reseting password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant login into Microsoft account even if reseting password: Recently i have gotten back into minecraft. So i downloaded the launcher and went to login using my microsoft account. then my password did not work i went to reset it and still nothing. then i went to the microsoft store app logged out then i could not log back in.I have...
  4. Cant login into Microsoft account even if reseting password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant update windows due to VirtualBox by oracle even _APPRAISER_HumanReadable.xml cant find...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant update windows due to VirtualBox by oracle even _APPRAISER_HumanReadable.xml cant find...: cant seem to update windows due to virtual box app but cant uninstall it because the path doesn't exist according to appraisal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-windows-due-to-virtualbox-by-oracle/4c49db22-989e-4f6f-b4c9-bb1780e49098
  6. Update: I cant even load windows!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update: I cant even load windows!!!: [IMG]My new gaming pc running windows 10 is now stuck on attempting repairs after i plugged in a wireless usb adapter it blue screened 5 times and is now stuck on attempting repairs please help! Edit one: it stopped repairing but it now wont load into windows and is saying...
  7. Cant do anything with my pc even resetting/formatting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant do anything with my pc even resetting/formatting: Okay so two windows updates ago my computer was acting a little wonky, some windows programs just wouldn't open. I knew I needed to format my comp but it was still very much usable. So the next windows update roles around and of course I don't want to update but I can't...
  8. Sticky notes cant be launch, even after resetting and reinstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky notes cant be launch, even after resetting and reinstalling: Hi, I need help on this, as since yesterday out of a sudden my sticky notes cant be launch, I had tried to reset the app and reinstalling but these steps doesn't solve the issue. Tried to contact microsoft and dell support but none of them can really assist on this. Hoping...
  9. Reset laptop now i cant even use it.

Reset laptop now i cant even use it.: I don't even remember why I reset this laptop. I've been spending like 4 hours trying use it. I expected like all the times in the past when I reset, to go into the PC set up, like choose name set time etc. Now the PC is like broken really? I've gone to safe mode R:...
  10. Windows cant reset

Windows cant reset: [ATTACH]windows cant reset, when i press continue nothing happened and always get back to this option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-cant-reset/98d4ca33-9f29-4982-852d-d1059dc06b70