Windows 10: Captures Folder Stuck in OneDrive

Discus and support Captures Folder Stuck in OneDrive in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I accidentally moved my Captures folder to my OneDrive Home folder. This essentially moved all my files there, but got rid of the actual Captures... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by rwogh, May 13, 2020.

1. rwogh Win User

Captures Folder Stuck in OneDrive

I accidentally moved my Captures folder to my OneDrive Home folder. This essentially moved all my files there, but got rid of the actual Captures folder. How do I recover the folder in this case? I can provide any info/screenshots needed.

I've seen several threads that are close, but this does NOT work as the Captures folder got absorbed by the OneDrive folder.

The following do NOT solve this:
    Move Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10
    Restore Default Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10

:)

rwogh, May 13, 2020

2. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

THANK YOU so much for this post. I registered for a forum account just to say thanks. I've been struggling with a similar issue all morning on my Surface Book. My Documents and Pictures folder under my user were stuck as onedrive folders and I could not get them un-linked. The batch files in the article you wrote and linked to worked perfectly!! Thank you!! Utterly disgraceful that OneDrive does not have a way to easily and obviously detach itself from your folders.

shirokuro73, May 13, 2020
  3. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, May 13, 2020
  4. Captures Folder Stuck in OneDrive

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Captures Folder Stuck in OneDrive

1. Captures Folder Stuck in OneDrive - Similar Threads - Captures Folder Stuck

2. My schools onedrive folder has "captured" my files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My schools onedrive folder has "captured" my files.: Hi!I recently started studying and my school had an offer of 1tb og free onedrive storage for its students. I signed up for this, but it seems like the schools onedrive "captured/migrated" my personal files onto its new platform and my locally installed programs cant access...
  3. My schools onedrive folder has "captured" my files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My schools onedrive folder has "captured" my files.: Hi!I recently started studying and my school had an offer of 1tb og free onedrive storage for its students. I signed up for this, but it seems like the schools onedrive "captured/migrated" my personal files onto its new platform and my locally installed programs cant access...
  4. My game captures folder is stuck as the temp folder on PC

My game captures folder is stuck as the temp folder on PC: How do I change this from the windows 10 temp folder to something else.Eg. it is stuck in this folder and I cant move it to change the locationC:\Users\[id]\AppData\Local\Temp...
  5. My game captures folder is stuck as the temp folder on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My game captures folder is stuck as the temp folder on PC: How do I change this from the windows 10 temp folder to something else.Eg. it is stuck in this folder and I cant move it to change the locationC:\Users\[id]\AppData\Local\Temp...
  6. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: I activated OneDrive to add my university's OneDrive folder to File Explorer. In doing so, my primary user folders Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos, etc. were moved there as well. In attempting to reverse this all returned excluding the Documents folder, persisting in its...
  7. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: I activated OneDrive to add my university's OneDrive folder to File Explorer. In doing so, my primary user folders Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos, etc. were moved there as well. In attempting to reverse this all returned excluding the Documents folder, persisting in its...
  8. Xbox game capture folder merged with Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game capture folder merged with Onedrive: I accidentally moved the Xbox game capture folder into my Onedrive folder, and they merged? So now all my captures are stored in the onedrive folder. The "Captures" folder is gone, and the onedrive folder has got no "location" tab or "restore defaults" button in it's...
  9. Xbox game capture folder merged with Onedrive

Xbox game capture folder merged with Onedrive: I accidentally moved the Xbox game capture folder into my Onedrive folder, and they merged? So now all my captures are stored in the onedrive folder. The "Captures" folder is gone, and the onedrive folder has got no "location" tab or "restore defaults" button in it's...
  10. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: Hi everybody, Hopefully someone can help with this annoying issue. At some point shortly after installation I changed the Location of my Documents folder, so it may reside within the OneDrive user folder. Shortly thereafter I released this was not what I wanted, given...