Windows 10: Change Administrator Email

Discus and support Change Administrator Email in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I hope I can explain this correctly. When I first upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 I had been using a Sbcglobal email but have since changed to an... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mccoady, May 9, 2016.

1. mccoady Win User

Change Administrator Email

I hope I can explain this correctly. When I first upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 I had been using a Sbcglobal email but have since changed to an Outlook.com email. I'm still currently using the former but not for much longer. We have two User Accounts (mine & wife's) on this PC so any changes will need to take that into consideration.

My startup login still shows my Sbcglobal email as does my Administrator account on my PC. If I click on 'Manage my Microsoft account' and go to my online account it does show my new Outlook.com as my email.

How do I change my startup email login & Administrator email (Sbccglobal) to my new Outlook.com email?

If you sign in with a local account will that give you the opportunity to change the email to Outlook.com? If I would switched back I suppose I would still have my old email correct?

:)

mccoady, May 9, 2016
  2. LV_43 Win User

Changing Administrator email

restarted nothing changed

LV_43, May 9, 2016
  3. Changing Administrator email

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Click
    here
    to download the Microsoft Accounts Troubleshooter.

Try the following DISM command and check.

a. Press the Windows key + X and select Command Prompt(Admin).

b. Copy and paste or type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    and Hit Enter.

Also pleas refer:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sign-in-cant

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, May 9, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello McCoady, *Smile

If both email addresses are listed as an alias for your Microsoft account, then you setting the one you want as the primary alias may have it show instead at sign-in. You are able to use the credentials of any of your aliases to sign in to your Microsoft account though.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...ary-alias.html

If that doesn't help, then you could switch to a local account, then switch back to your Microsoft account using the email address you want.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, May 10, 2016
  5. mccoady Win User
    Thanks Brink! I believe I originally signed up for a Microsoft account using the Sbcglobal email so I guess it's the primary and the Outlook.com is an alias. Guess that doesn't change anything.

I'll try changing to a local account and then change back to change my email hopefully having two User accounts on this PC won't be an issue.

mccoady, May 10, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Before switching your account, be sure to make the email address you want to show on the sign-in screen the primary alias.

No worries. Switching the account around like that won't create a second account on the PC.

Brink, May 10, 2016
  7. mccoady Win User
    Thanks Brink I will give this a try in the next couple of days!

mccoady, May 10, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. Please let us know how it went.

Brink, May 10, 2016
  9. mccoady Win User
    Brink it went flawlessly which for me doesn't always happen got my email changed.*Smile

Now I've read where you can 'Sign in User Account automatically at Windows 10 Startup' by running 'Netplwiz'. Can you do this if your computer has two User accounts? Right now I'm using a PIN but this is a home desktop computer so only myself and my wife use it so no need for a password.

mccoady, May 11, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's great news McCoady.

You can use netplwiz to have Windows automatically sign in to an account at startup no matter how many accounts you have on the computer.

If you do set this for your account, your wife will have to either sign out of your account or switch users first to be able to sign in to her account.

Brink, May 11, 2016
  11. mccoady Win User
    I just want to be sure I understand this statement. When you run 'Netplwiz' and uncheck the box you will be doing this for all User Accounts correct... I don't want my wife to have to sign in either?

Or maybe I'm just totally misunderstanding. Do you have to sign in to a User account, run 'Netplwiz', make sure that account name is selected, uncheck the box, then reboot. Now sign back in to the other User account and do the same thing?

Since I'm using my User account to view this forum that would make my wife's account signed out and so should be no issue running Netplwiz now, correct?

Mike

mccoady, May 11, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Unfortunately, netplwiz is only for the single account you set Windows to automatically sign in to at startup. It will not automatically sign in to both of your accounts at startup depending on which account you select at sign in.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

If you set for your account, then only your account will always be automatically signed in to at startup, and not your wife's account. In your situation, this will be an issue since your wife would have to sign out of your account to be able to sign in to hers at startup.

It may be best to leave the box checked in netplwiz in your situation so each of you will have to sign in at startup instead of having your account automatically signed in to at startup.

Brink, May 11, 2016
  13. mccoady Win User

Ok Brink thanks for explaining that and your help I will leave as is.

mccoady, May 11, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Administrator Email - Similar Threads - Change Administrator Email

2. Change Administrators Email Address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Administrators Email Address: I need to change the email address of my Administrator's account in Windows 10. How do I do that? These does not appear to be anyaccurate instructions for this on the web....
  3. Change Windows Administrator Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Windows Administrator Email: So, I`m in the process of updating some of my accounts and deactivating them. Here is my situation.Account 1 will be deactivated/deleted and I will use account 2 going forward. However my Windows 10, shows the account 1 in the Your info section which makes me afraid that,...
  4. Change Windows Administrator Email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Windows Administrator Email: So, I`m in the process of updating some of my accounts and deactivating them. Here is my situation.Account 1 will be deactivated/deleted and I will use account 2 going forward. However my Windows 10, shows the account 1 in the Your info section which makes me afraid that,...
  5. How to change administrator email?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change administrator email?: Hi all, I'm looking to switch my microsoft emails for my PC because I don't use the other one anymore. But it seems like I can't remove the default one that I first used. I can only add more accounts and delete them, but not the primary one. Been searching for an answer...
  6. Change the Administrator Email

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Change the Administrator Email: Hi I would like to change the email user to my administrator account. How to change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-administrator-email/9182851e-1110-4569-a3ff-42c2aaf8c4ce"
  7. Change Administrator Email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Administrator Email: I recently closed my email account due to excessive spam. How can I change my Administrator Email for Windows 10? I keep getting notifications to Fix my account. 139069
  8. Change Administrator Email

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Administrator Email: I recently closed my email account due to excessive spam. How can I change my Administrator Email for Windows 10? I keep getting notifications to Fix my account. [img] 139069
  9. Changing the Administrator email address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing the Administrator email address: Hi , I have an old email address for my adminstrator, how can I delete this and update to my new email address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-administrator-email-address/59f74682-f69a-4a33-adc0-997805755d66"
  10. Change Administrator email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Administrator email: I need to change my pc administrator email address, but it doesn't seem there is a place to change it. Does anyone know how to make the change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/change-administrator-email/f64f39f1-20be-4344-b4bf-fcf39a4c4cdc"