Windows 10: Change original administrator account

Discus and support Change original administrator account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I would like to know WHY the original administrator account can not be changed. Add another administrator account is NOT ENOUGH. For security reasons I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Galicer, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Galicer Win User

Change original administrator account

I would like to know WHY the original administrator account can not be changed. Add another administrator account is NOT ENOUGH.
    For security reasons I urgently need to change this, but as I have been reading, it is, by design, not possible.
    For all I can see this is some serious DESIGN FLAW.

:)

Galicer, Jul 4, 2018

2. Change original administrator account

I have purchased a used Asus laptop that already has Win 10 installed on it from the original owner. All of the settings on the computer are linked to that owner's Microsoft account and administrator account. Is there a way for me to change the administrator information to my Microsoft account and email? I can log in using the old owner's password to access the administrator account, but I don't see any way to change the account to my information. If I create a new user account and make it an administrator account, when I log in using the new account, there is no access to any of the apps I need from the original account. Thanks.

lucidanomaly, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Jul 4, 2018
  4. darylt Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

I followed the steps that were in the original reply.

Change my account to local
    Change to MS account using wifes credentials

darylt, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Change original administrator account - Similar Threads - Change original administrator

2. Changing of administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing of administrator account: recently i bought a laptop where at the store they made me knew microsoft id for activation of microsoft office home and student. but when i went into settings i wanted to change my administrator id but could not find any option. please help me how to change administrator id....
  3. Changing of administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing of administrator account: recently i bought a laptop where at the store they made me knew microsoft id for activation of microsoft office home and student. but when i went into settings i wanted to change my administrator id but could not find any option. please help me how to change administrator id....
  4. How do I change or delete my original administrator account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change or delete my original administrator account?: I am having trouble with the fingerprint reader on my laptop and I can't solve the problem because the account that is being given to set up my 'Windows Hello' is my school email made for us by the school and that option says the organization doesn't support windows hello. In...
  5. How do I change or delete my original administrator account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change or delete my original administrator account?: I am having trouble with the fingerprint reader on my laptop and I can't solve the problem because the account that is being given to set up my 'Windows Hello' is my school email made for us by the school and that option says the organization doesn't support windows hello. In...
  6. Changing Account to be Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Account to be Administrator: After changing my account to be the administrator it still does NOT work I still need permission to delete files. What gives? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-account-to-be-administrator/dcfe4257-6f20-4915-bc9c-9b168699d634
  7. Change Administrator Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Administrator Account: How do I change the Administrator on my 'New' PC? I want it to be the same as on my other, 'Old' PC. this will enable to Sync the two PCs. I am the sole user on both PCs. Thank you. [Original Title: Administrator change.]...
  8. Original Administrator Account Issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Original Administrator Account Issue.: So I deleted the original account the first one I had on my computer off of my computer and now when I'm trying to delete some of my files it says I need permission from the account that I deleted to do it. Help? sorry about the category if it's wrong I don't really know...
  9. Changing Administrator Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing Administrator Account: I have a bit of a dilemma. I purchased a new laptop last year while I was teaching at a university. I initially set up my administrator account through my university account since it used Office 365. I subsequently left the university and, since I had been using a PIN to...
  10. Change original administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change original administrator account: I have purchased a used Asus laptop that already has Win 10 installed on it from the original owner. All of the settings on the computer are linked to that owner's Microsoft account and administrator account. Is there a way for me to change the administrator information to my...