Windows 10: Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

Discus and support Change PowerShell To Command Prompt in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ? 104838 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Outlaw, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Outlaw Win User

Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ?

:)

Outlaw, Feb 22, 2018
  2. Vic1248 Win User

Notifications and action center not working in Windows 10.

The default setting now is to display the Windows PowerShell option in the Start Menu instead of the Command Prompt but the Command Prompt is still there, you can still use it. That setting can also be changed back to the Command Prompt if desired.

Vic1248, Feb 22, 2018
  3. lacrumb Win User
    How to run Command Prompt (Admin)?

You can change from Powershell to command Prompt in Settings, Personalization, Taskbar.

lacrumb, Feb 22, 2018
  4. swarfega Win User

Command prompt is a bit depreciated now and MS are trying to switch people to use powershell, just like the move from control panel to settings.

There are some "solutions" here.

swarfega, Feb 22, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
  7. x509 Win User
    OK, I am one of these "old school" guys who remembers that the folder system introduced in DOS 2 was a big improvement. So when PowerShell appeared, I thought I would find something that somehow "improved" on the 1980s-ish cmd set of commands.

What I did find was way more complex, more like "real programming" than DOS-like commands. So I sure hope that Microsoft never removes cmd from Windows.

x509, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Change PowerShell To Command Prompt - Similar Threads - Change PowerShell Command

2. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  3. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  4. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell: When I try to run SFC in powershell I'm told, cannot run repair service. It's OK in command prompt.Run as administrator in both.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-works-in-command-prompt-but-not-in-powershell/7ad20074-7d56-4cbb-a2e0-45804c1adaf5
  6. SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell: When I try to run SFC in powershell I'm told, cannot run repair service. It's OK in command prompt.Run as administrator in both.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-works-in-command-prompt-but-not-in-powershell/7ad20074-7d56-4cbb-a2e0-45804c1adaf5
  7. How to change DNS server using Command Prompt and PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    How to change DNS server using Command Prompt and PowerShell: [ATTACH]If you want to change the DNS server using Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell, […] This article How to change DNS server using Command Prompt and PowerShell first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt: Is there a way to make a file get executed automatically as admin through command prompt or powershell? Lets say there is a file.exe and I want to tick that box that says "execute as administrator" without right clicking the file and doing it through the user interface....
  9. How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt: Is there a way to make a file get executed automatically as admin through command prompt or powershell? Lets say there is a file.exe and I want to tick that box that says "execute as administrator" without right clicking the file and doing it through the user interface....
  10. Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell": Hi! I'm using Windows 10 version 1807, In this version, the option "Open in Command Prompt" fully removed from Explorer, in "File" menu and [Shift]+[Right Click] menu, And there's no option to get it back in Settings, only there's an option for [Alt]+[X] menu. I have to...