Windows 10: Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

Discus and support Change PowerShell To Command Prompt in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ? 104838 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Outlaw, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Outlaw Win User

Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ?

:)

Outlaw, Feb 22, 2018
  2. Vic1248 Win User

Notifications and action center not working in Windows 10.

The default setting now is to display the Windows PowerShell option in the Start Menu instead of the Command Prompt but the Command Prompt is still there, you can still use it. That setting can also be changed back to the Command Prompt if desired.

Vic1248, Feb 22, 2018
  3. lacrumb Win User
    How to run Command Prompt (Admin)?

You can change from Powershell to command Prompt in Settings, Personalization, Taskbar.

lacrumb, Feb 22, 2018
  4. swarfega Win User

Command prompt is a bit depreciated now and MS are trying to switch people to use powershell, just like the move from control panel to settings.

There are some "solutions" here.

swarfega, Feb 22, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
  7. x509 Win User
    OK, I am one of these "old school" guys who remembers that the folder system introduced in DOS 2 was a big improvement. So when PowerShell appeared, I thought I would find something that somehow "improved" on the 1980s-ish cmd set of commands.

What I did find was way more complex, more like "real programming" than DOS-like commands. So I sure hope that Microsoft never removes cmd from Windows.

x509, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Change PowerShell To Command Prompt - Similar Threads - Change PowerShell Command

2. Enable Remote Desktop using Command Prompt or PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    Enable Remote Desktop using Command Prompt or PowerShell: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you want to use the Remote Desktop feature without opening the Windows Settings panel, then you can enable Remote Desktop using Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell. If you have a remote desktop client on your mobile or another computer, [...] This post...
  3. How to use Powershell command Set-ADAccountPassword as a prompt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use Powershell command Set-ADAccountPassword as a prompt: This is where I am currently at: $firstname = Read-Host -Prompt "Please Enter the First name" $lastname = Read-Host -Prompt "Please enter the last name New-ADUser -Name "$firstname $lastname" -GivenName "$firstname" -Surname "$lastname" -UserPrincipalName...
  4. Difference between Command Prompt and Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    Difference between Command Prompt and Windows PowerShell: [ATTACH] Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7 all come shipped with Windows PowerShell out of the box. Along with that, it came the older Command Prompt which was a successor to MS-DOS Command line. But often the presence of two command [...] This post Difference between...
  5. How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt: Is there a way to make a file get executed automatically as admin through command prompt or powershell? Lets say there is a file.exe and I want to tick that box that says "execute as administrator" without right clicking the file and doing it through the user interface....
  6. How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt: Is there a way to make a file get executed automatically as admin through command prompt or powershell? Lets say there is a file.exe and I want to tick that box that says "execute as administrator" without right clicking the file and doing it through the user interface....
  7. Difference between Windows PowerShell and Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between Windows PowerShell and Command Prompt: Don't these programs do essentially the same thing? Is there an advantage to use one over the other? Just curious. 119910
  8. Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell": Hi! I'm using Windows 10 version 1807, In this version, the option "Open in Command Prompt" fully removed from Explorer, in "File" menu and [Shift]+[Right Click] menu, And there's no option to get it back in Settings, only there's an option for [Alt]+[X] menu. I have to...
  9. IP Geolocation via Command Prompt\Powershell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Geolocation via Command Prompt\Powershell: Hello, I'm looking for a way to check PC's IP Geolocation by using command prompt or powershell (no scripts). I hope there are some experts here who can help me out. I have found a very easy to do it on UNIX systems but my main machines will be Windows 7/8.1/10 based....
  10. Command Prompt Experimental changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt Experimental changes: Anyone figured out a use for the Opacity setting for Command Prompt on the Experimental tab? I've tried it at many different settings and I just can't see a use for it. 2127