Windows 10: Change sign in account (new email address) ?

Discus and support Change sign in account (new email address) ? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a new email address so I want my Microsoft sign in to be this email and not my old one. Does anyone know what to do and how to transfer existing... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Skumball, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Skumball Win User

Change sign in account (new email address) ?

I have a new email address so I want my Microsoft sign in to be this email and not my old one. Does anyone know what to do and how to transfer existing purchases to this new email so that signing in to Windows 10 uses my new email as the administrator?

:)

Skumball, Oct 29, 2015

2. Security Info Replacement - Changing my Microsoft sign in details

In Settings > Accounts > Your account I want to change the current email address that I sign in with to my Microsoft account to a new email address. It appears as follows:

[my name]

[my email]

Administrator

I've gone through the Security Info Replacement procedure for my current account and asked Microsoft to change this to my new email. It can apparently take 30 days to complete. Will this procedure change my Windows 10 Microsoft account sign in and update
    the email address line as described above? I really don't want to use my old email address if possible as this will get confusing.

Simon_Goddard, Oct 29, 2015
  3. Quilnux Win User
    How do I change the Windows Live ID used for my phone?

How do I change the Windows Live ID used for my phone?

I had to change my email address and used the account.live.com page to change my email from the old one at work to a new hotmail account. But Windows Phone 7 settings won't let me change the email used to sign in. This is NOT a new Live ID account, I just
    changed the email address that I use to sign into my EXISTING Live ID.

Quilnux, Oct 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Skumball, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you like, you can change the primary alias for your Microsoft account to be the new email address.

Microsoft Account Primary Alias Email Address - Change - Windows 7 Help Forums

Afterwards, switch your account to a local account, then switch it back to a Microsoft account using the new email address. This will toggle your account to use the new address.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Oct 29, 2015
  5. Skumball Win User
    Thanks for the help Brink. I had previously created a new Microsoft account using my new email thinking I could transfer the old one across. Unfortunately that's not how it works so I now have to wait 60 days for Microsoft to close it before I can go down the aliases route. I'll try again in the new year I guess *Party

Skumball, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Change sign in account (new email address) ? - Similar Threads - Change sign account

2. Email address change for kids account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email address change for kids account.: We recently purchased a desktop for my kids homework. Currently I have a family account and they have used it primarily for an xbox. One have my kids uses his account with an old email address that they all used to share. Now that he is a bit older he has his own email. Can I...
  3. Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...: I changed my Old Email id on Microsoft account to a new one. I then realized that the OLD email id is linked to my Laptop. When i try to put the password to verify in setting Microsoft login says my Old Email id does not exist. please help. im worried if i turn my Laptop off...
  4. Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...: I changed my Old Email id on Microsoft account to a new one. I then realized that the OLD email id is linked to my Laptop. When i try to put the password to verify in setting Microsoft login says my Old Email id does not exist. please help. im worried if i turn my Laptop off...
  5. Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Is it possible to change the email address for my Microsoft Account to a new email address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to change the email address for my Microsoft Account to a new email address?: My mother 83 years created an old Microsoft email address @live.com when she first started using the Microsoft IM. She has used it as the email address for her Microsoft account ever since it was required, but she never used it for personal email or read any email that was...
  7. Is it possible to change the email address for my Microsoft Account to a new email address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to change the email address for my Microsoft Account to a new email address?: My mother 83 years created an old Microsoft email address @live.com when she first started using the Microsoft IM. She has used it as the email address for her Microsoft account ever since it was required, but she never used it for personal email or read any email that was...
  8. Is it possible to change the email address for my Microsoft Account to a new email address?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. Difficulty changing to a new email address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Difficulty changing to a new email address: I have a new email address and want to change my old Microsoft email address. I understand I have to create a new alias, then delete my old email address and then make the new alias the primary one. The screen headed ''ADD AN ALIAS'' gives 2 options. Create a new email...
  10. Change account email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change account email address: My account show an old email address - how can I change that to mt actual email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/change-account-email-address/633506c1-cfe0-4c18-8547-426cbd59c01b"