Windows 10: Change Start Background on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Discus and support Change Start Background on Windows 10 Mobile Phone in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Start Background on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Change Start Background on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Change Start Background on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to: Change Start Background on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Change Start Background on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Change Start Background on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [​IMG]
    Information This tutorial will show you how to choose a Start background to show as a tile image, full image, or no image on your Windows 10 Mobile phone.

EXAMPLE: None, Tile, and Full background on Start

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and tap on Personalization. (see screenshot below)

2. Tap on Start. (see screenshot below)

3. Do step 4 (none), step 5 (sample images), or step 6 (My Pictures) below to choose a background you want on Start.

4. To Choose to have No Background on Start
    A) Select None in the Background drop down, and go to step 8 below. (see screenshot below)

5. To Choose from Sample Images for Background on Start
    A) Select Sample images in the Background drop down, and tap on Browse. (see screenshot below)

B) Tap on a sample image you want as your Start background, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

6. To Choose from My Pictures for Background on Start
    A) Select My pictures in the Background drop down, and tap on Browse. (see screenshot below)

B) Tap on an image you want as the background. (see screenshot below)

C) Drag the image within the borders to align it how you want on Start, tap on the Apply check mark at the bottom when finished, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. Select to use a Tile picture or Full screen picture style for your selected background image. (see screenshot below)

8. When finished, you can tap on the Start *Start button at the bottom to return to your Start screen and see the changes you made. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cluster Head, Apr 20, 2016
  2. Lex Del Win User

Background cannot be changed

Hi,

To change the background on your Windows 10 Mobile, please follow the steps below:

• Open Settings, and tap on Personalization.
    • Tap on Start.
    • Tap on the drop-down list under Choose a background.
    • Select your preferred background and click apply.

Let us know how it goes.

Lex Del, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Oct 26, 2019
  4. meebers Win User

Change Start Background on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 26, 2019
  5. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Change Start Background on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

1. Change Start Background on Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Similar Threads - Change Start Background

2. mobile phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mobile phone: why i cant remove the phone in my phone app in win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-phone/d7016bbe-70cf-4a38-b11c-8ae6269cfac2
  3. Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Use Find My Device for Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information It's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone. Whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions, Find My Phone can help lay...
  4. Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot on a Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a mobile hotspot with your Windows 10 Mobile phone to share your cellular data connection with other...
  5. Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Reset your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Resetting your Windows 10 Mobile phone will return it to the same state it was in the first time you turned it on. All your personal content stored on the phone will be...
  6. Active Hours for Updates - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Active Hours for Updates - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Active Hours for Updates - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Change Active Hours for Updates on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14322, you can now set the time in which you are most active...
  7. Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Block or Unblock Phone Numbers on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can block unwanted calls on your Windows 10 Mobile phone by adding phone numbers to your block list. If a blocked...
  8. PIN - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PIN - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phones: How to: PIN - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phones How to Change the PIN on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to your phone, apps,...
  9. Adjust Start Tile Transparency on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Adjust Start Tile Transparency on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Adjust Start Tile Transparency on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Adjust Tile Transparency on Start in Windows 10 Mobile Phones [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to adjust the transparency level of tiles on Start to what you want on your Windows...
  10. Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Change the Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phones [img] Information Devices on a network need unique names so they can identify and communicate with each other. If two devices have the same name on the same...