Windows 10: Change user email login

Discus and support Change user email login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I deleted my old email at live.com and created a new Outlook.com email which I use to login to Microsoft. The old bredband email has been deleted but... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AlanWade, Sep 27, 2015.

1. AlanWade Win User

Change user email login

I deleted my old email at live.com and created a new Outlook.com email which I use to login to Microsoft. The old bredband email has been deleted but how do I update the email address aat the login screen to show the new one without creating a new account?
    What I am trying to do is where it says my name, email address and password on the login screen is have the new email but cannot figure it out.
    I dont want to create a new account as I dont want to lose or mess about with the settings, email, documents etc.

Any idea's?

Alan

:)

AlanWade, Sep 27, 2015
  2. 'Mike P Win User

How do I remove my Microsoft account from my profile in windows 10?

All settings, Accounts.

Sign in with a local account instead.

Will change your email login to the computer, to a regular user name login w/o email.

'Mike P, Sep 27, 2015
  3. AV.M Win User
    Unable to log in to user admin account

This morning I added my email alias as my Windows 10 "admin user" account and changed my primary email (or log-on) to a "standard user" account. I assumed that they shared the same password because the alias hangs off of my primary email. I can't login
    to my admin user account now, I receive a message "the user name or password is incorrect." I've changed my primary email password, but I still can't login to my admin user account using the same password. I have logged in to outlook.com before using my
    email alias and my primary email password. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change user email login

Brink, Sep 27, 2015
  5. AlanWade Win User
    Thanks Shawn
    I knew you would have the answer *Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin

AlanWade, Sep 27, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Change user email login

1. Change user email login - Similar Threads - Change user email

2. email changed login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    email changed login: I tried to login on my computer. However, instead of logging in on my main email, it is asking to login on a different one and the main one was removed. I'm not familiar of the email. What should I do?...
  3. email changed login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    email changed login: I tried to login on my computer. However, instead of logging in on my main email, it is asking to login on a different one and the main one was removed. I'm not familiar of the email. What should I do?...
  4. email changed login

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. change user/login name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change user/login name?: When installing W10 it asks for the name of the user, I wasn't sure how this was used and entered my full name :First Last".Now I see that it uses this for the full user ID, including the "c:/users/username" path.I want to change that, so that I have C:/users/lastName no...
  6. How to change the Microsoft email for the login user

How to change the Microsoft email for the login user: I bought a new laptop for my son. During the initial setup, the login username was his name. But the Microsoft account was using my email. Now he has his own Microsoft account, how can I update his user with his email? I do not wish to create a new user. Is it possible for...
  7. Changing User Email Login on My PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing User Email Login on My PC: Hi there! I have recently updated my PC and was prompted to login using a Microsoft email. Since I already had one my business email address I naturally went for that, however was refused on the basis that it was already in use, and that I had to use another email address in...
  8. Change Login Email Address

Change Login Email Address: Hi, I have just received a new PC that has windows 10 on it. It is asking me for a Microsoft account, which I have but do not use. In order to get the machine set up I had to use this account, however, whenever I purchase software etc it uses this account name and I...
  9. create user and login without email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    create user and login without email: I would like to create a user name and password for the computer WITHOUT an email account. It is for my 8yold son so that I can set parental restrictions....
  10. User account info lost after changing login email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account info lost after changing login email: [img] I recently changed my main Microsoft account login email and after doing so, all my 10 machines no longer show my name on the login screen (shows my email address twice) or in the Start menu (only shows the email address) and as you can see in the above screenshot,...