Windows 10: Changing a personal Microsoft account to business account

Discus and support Changing a personal Microsoft account to business account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Support Community, Looking to change my old personal Microsoft account to reflect new business account. Currently have an alias set up against two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PalahLahay, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Changing a personal Microsoft account to business account

Hi Support Community,

Looking to change my old personal Microsoft account to reflect new business account. Currently have an alias set up against two domains and just purchased Surface Book 2 for business and logged in under new domain no problems but cant sync settings or phone as not original MS account email. Go into settings which lets put in new email but then says cant use work or school account as alias. Happy to just use new email and ditch old personal email address (so only require 1 email). The Surface Book, Pen, mouse wont populate devices as signed in on Book 2 with current email set up as alias

Q. Is there any way MS can transfer any data/settings over to new work/school account and make it primary

Thanks for any help

:)

PalahLahay, Jul 4, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Separating personal and business accounts in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to create a new Microsoft Account For personal use follow the steps below and check if it helps. Another account which you’re using now you can use it for business i.e. (old Microsoft account)

• Go to the
      Microsoft account sign-up page
      and tap or click
      Create account.

• In the User name box enter your existing email address, or tap or click
      Get a new email address to create an Outlook or Hotmail address.

• Fill out the rest of the form, then tap or click
      Create account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Changing a personal Microsoft account to business account

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Changing a personal Microsoft account to business account

1. Changing a personal Microsoft account to business account - Similar Threads - Changing personal Microsoft

2. Changing Microsoft personal account to business account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Microsoft personal account to business account: A number of years ago I thought I created a Microsoft account for my business but it is listed a personal account. Every time I set up a new computer I consider creating a new business account but I want to access my subscriptions so I continue to use this account. I have...
  3. Changing Microsoft personal account to business account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Microsoft personal account to business account: A number of years ago I thought I created a Microsoft account for my business but it is listed a personal account. Every time I set up a new computer I consider creating a new business account but I want to access my subscriptions so I continue to use this account. I have...
  4. Personal and Business Account on Same Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal and Business Account on Same Desktop: Is it possible to have a personal and a business account on the same desktop in Windows 10 Professional? Would appreciate any comments/suggestions on how to set this up. Tx...
  5. Personal and Business Account on Same Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal and Business Account on Same Desktop: Can you have a personal account and a business account on the same desktop? If so, what is the best way to set this up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-and-business-account-on-same-desktop/d3e33216-b9d8-44eb-b234-0436a59abf0b
  6. Personal and Business Microsoft Accounts have become entwined

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Personal and Business Microsoft Accounts have become entwined: Hi I have tried to find this question answered elsewhere but get very confused around different accounts. My situation is this: I had an email address email A I use via Gmail for personal use. This is what I used to set up an XBox account a while ago. My employer uses...
  7. Separate Microsoft Live Personal Account from Business

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Separate Microsoft Live Personal Account from Business: Hello, Somehow, I've ended up with a Microsoft Live account that is personal and business. I'm not sure how this happened exactly. The problem is that my work email address is now tied to the Live account Business and the Live account Personal. I shouldn't have a Live...
  8. Business to personal account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Business to personal account: Need to find out how to get into computer. Boss gave work computer to me and then took down my business email and I can't get into my computer because it now says I can not add a personal email to a business account. Can't get past the pin code, it will not take the one I...
  9. Switching Business Account to Personal Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switching Business Account to Personal Account: I recently retired and was allowed to take my computer with me upon retirement. Because I was running the companies software--most notably Windows 10 and Office 365--I decided to go ahead and buy a subscription to Office 365 Home and I want to do the same thing for my...
  10. How to change a personal account login to a business login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change a personal account login to a business login: Hi Community I have a new laptop for a new job. Before I recieved my new company email address I used a personal address to setup my laptop. However, now I have two logins for the machine. One for the laptop login and one for 365 and other programs. So, my question is;...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change personal microsoft account to business

2. change microsoft account from personal to business

3. switch personal microsoft account to business

4. change microsoft account to business,
  5. how do i change a laptop from a personal microsoft account to a business account,
  6. change microsoft account from business to personal,
  7. changing microsoft account from peronnnel to business,
  8. how to change microsoft account from personal to business,
  9. how to change a microsoft account email from business to a personal account,
  10. change microsoft account type personal to work,
  11. how to change my microsoft account from personal to business in microsoft 10,
  12. changing microsoft account type from personal to work,
  13. microsoft account business and personal how to set it up,
  14. personal microsoft account,
  15. how to change from a personal microsoft account to business