Windows 10: Changing account details

Discus and support Changing account details in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, any help/advise really appreciated… My wife and son were borrowing/using my desktop (which had just got an account like “my account” and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by winchesterstoke, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Changing account details

Hi, any help/advise really appreciated…
    My wife and son were borrowing/using my desktop (which had just got an account like “my account” and password). For some reason they had to change the user account and password, and they used my wife account name.
    So, can I now change the account’s name to my account name please? Thanks!
    (BTW if I’ve got anything wrong etc.: I'm recovering after a stroke so please be patient. Thanks).

:)

winchesterstoke, Jul 14, 2017

2. changed details on microsoft account

I recently altered my personal information on my account. for 30 days I couldn't access the information on the account for security reasons. the date that was given for when I could access the account was today. I still cant access the information on the
    account. what should I do?

yours sincerely

lee morris

Lee C Morris, Jul 14, 2017
  3. Jessen P Win User
    changed details on microsoft account

Hi Lee,

What happens when you try to access the account?

First, try the easiest thing: if you remember your password but it isn’t working, make sure that Caps Lock is turned off, and that your email address is spelled correctly, and then try again.

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sign-in-cant

Please revert if you cannot access the Microsoft account.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jul 14, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Changing account details

Hello winchesterstoke, *Smile

If you had a local account, then they may have switched your local account to their Microsoft account (MSA) by mistake. Possibly doing so if they signed in to the Store or app with their MSA.

*Arrow How to Tell if Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

If this is the case, then you could just switch from their MSA back to your local account using the method in the tutorial below.

*Arrow Switch to Local Account in Windows 10 Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Jul 14, 2017
  5. Thanks Brink!

I'll have a look at that later tonight!

Cheers!

winchesterstoke, Jul 15, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I hope it helps.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Changing account details

1. Changing account details - Similar Threads - Changing account details

2. Changed account details, and it's all gone wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed account details, and it's all gone wrong: So recently, I have deleted an old Microsoft account, so I can use that email on my current Microsoft account. That process has gone well, and the email has been changed. Now, the old Microsoft account that was deleted was used on my laptop. Now that the account has gone, I'm...
  3. Changed account details, and it's all gone wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed account details, and it's all gone wrong: So recently, I have deleted an old Microsoft account, so I can use that email on my current Microsoft account. That process has gone well, and the email has been changed. Now, the old Microsoft account that was deleted was used on my laptop. Now that the account has gone, I'm...
  4. Microsoft account hacked and details changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account hacked and details changed: My Microsoft account was hacked and the email and password have been changed. I have tried filling out the recovery form, however it says that the account tagged to my original email does not exist anymore as the email had been changed by the hacker. I mostly used the account...
  5. Microsoft account hacked and details changed

Microsoft account hacked and details changed: My Microsoft account was hacked and the email and password have been changed. I have tried filling out the recovery form, however it says that the account tagged to my original email does not exist anymore as the email had been changed by the hacker. I mostly used the account...
  6. Microsoft account hacked and details changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. minecraft account hacked and details changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft account hacked and details changed: I was recently hacked on Minecraft and the guy who hacked my account has switched the email used for my mc account and I can no longer access it. I cannot find anywhere to ask personally to Microsoft to go through there System and see that someone from half way across the...
  8. minecraft account hacked and details changed

minecraft account hacked and details changed: I was recently hacked on Minecraft and the guy who hacked my account has switched the email used for my mc account and I can no longer access it. I cannot find anywhere to ask personally to Microsoft to go through there System and see that someone from half way across the...
  9. minecraft account hacked and details changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account: My wife has upgraded to Windows 10 and was using her login details with no problem. When she needed to install a HP Printer Driver, a Microsoft Account was asked for. She couldn't remember her details so we used mine. Now there is an Administrator account under my name...