Windows 10: Changing Local Account to Microsoft Account not available in Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Changing Local Account to Microsoft Account not available in Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Windows 10 Home Settings>Accounts>Info 'Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead' Is not available It is only available in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jtcolumbo, Dec 17, 2019.

1. jtcolumbo Win User

Changing Local Account to Microsoft Account not available in Windows 10 Home

In Windows 10 Home

Settings>Accounts>Info

'Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead' Is not available

It is only available in Windows 10 Pro

How can I change Local Account to Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Home?

:)

jtcolumbo, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Changing Local Account to Microsoft Account not available in Windows 10 Home :(

Zakin, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Changing Local Account to Microsoft Account not available in Windows 10 Home

Mindweaver, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Changing Local Account to Microsoft Account not available in Windows 10 Home

1. Changing Local Account to Microsoft Account not available in Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Changing Local Account

2. Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.: Hello, I just set up Windows 10 on my new laptop, but when I finished the set up and started to use it in the settings my account was labelled as a Lokal account. When I click on login I only get a error message that there was a problem with nothing else. It’s seems like the...
  3. Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.: Hello, I just set up Windows 10 on my new laptop, but when I finished the set up and started to use it in the settings my account was labelled as a Lokal account. When I click on login I only get a error message that there was a problem with nothing else. It’s seems like the...
  4. Can't change local account to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change local account to microsoft account: I couldn't sign into the xbox app and widgets said I wasn't online, so i changed my admin microsoft account to a local account. When trying to change it back to a microsoft account i always get: Oops something went wrong. When i try to sign into my account via browser it...
  5. Can't change local account to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change local account to microsoft account: I couldn't sign into the xbox app and widgets said I wasn't online, so i changed my admin microsoft account to a local account. When trying to change it back to a microsoft account i always get: Oops something went wrong. When i try to sign into my account via browser it...
  6. Can't change local account to a Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't change local account to a Microsoft account: I want to change PC login from a local account to a Microsoft account The system is Windows 10 Home When I go to Accounts I do not see the option 'Sign in with a Microsoft Account' What am I missing? How do I change a PC login using a local account to using a Microsoft...
  7. Cannot change Local Account to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change Local Account to Microsoft Account: I set up my main desktop PC with a local account but have now learned the error of my ways and want to change it to a Microsoft Account. All of the online tutorials say to simply click the "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". But that option is not there. Instead it...
  8. Change from Microsoft Account to Local Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change from Microsoft Account to Local Account: Hi, When i first start up my new laptop, I used Microsoft Account to sign in and install all the program and apps including Microsoft Office. Now if I would like to change to Local Account, are the program and apps will remain the same or I will still need to install again?...
  9. Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account: Hi, I've been trying to change my local account to a Microsoft account on Windows 10, but I haven't been able to do so. No option appears saying "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". In the "Your info" section (Settings > Accounts > Your info), it displays my current...
  10. Change Microsoft account to Local account for logon

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Microsoft account to Local account for logon: Hello new to these forums and to Windows 10 in general - Windows 7 reasonably OK with. I bought a new laptop running Windows 10 Home 64 bit, and the initial setup left me with my Microsoft account and password as my sign in and my User folder as the first 5 letters of my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft account not available