Windows 10: changing logon account

Discus and support changing logon account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi my laptop currently signs in with an @Hotmail email account and password, I want to change this to a different @Hotmail account but it seems I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by daniellouwrens, Oct 14, 2016.

1. changing logon account

Hi

my laptop currently signs in with an @Hotmail email account and password,
    I want to change this to a different @Hotmail account but it seems I need to
    change it to a "local" account first.

What is a "local" account?

Can I have two laptop logon to the same @Hotmail account.

Thanks

Daniel

:)

daniellouwrens, Oct 14, 2016
  2. Marites1 Win User

Change the logon name on a Windows 10 limited user account, and the password on an administator account.

Setting up new Windows 10 computer, we got very confused with the logon user accounts. We have an Administrator account and a standard account, which I plan to use for most of my computing. The Administrator account uses my husband's Microsoft account while
    my logon uses my Microsoft account. I ended up with my first and last names on the logon screen. I'd like to do two things: change my logon name to my first name only and change the password on the Administrator account.

How can I do this?

Marites1, Oct 14, 2016
  3. Change the logon name on a Windows 10 limited user account, and the password on an administator account.

Setting up new Windows 10 computer, we got very confused with the logon user accounts. We have an Administrator account and a standard account, which I plan to use for most of my computing. The Administrator account uses my husband's Microsoft account while
    my logon uses my Microsoft account. I ended up with my first and last names on the logon screen. I'd like to do two things: change my logon name to my first name only and change the password on the Administrator account.

How can I do this?

GraceGorden, Oct 14, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

changing logon account

Hello Daniel, *Smile

A local account is the same type of account that you used in Windows 7. It's an account that is only on your local computer, and doesn't roam like a Microsoft account.

You would basically be temporally switching to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account that uses the new email address. This is a workaround to change to a different Microsoft account without losing the account's profile on the PC.

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/switch-to-local-account-in-windows-10.8963/

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Oct 14, 2016
  5. Thanks Brink
    Can I have two laptop logon to the same @Hotmail account.

cheers

Daniel

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yes, you can sign in to as many Windows 8 and Windows 10 PCs as you like with the same Microsoft account. *Smile

Brink, Oct 14, 2016
  7. Thanks Brink

you rock

cheers

Daniel

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

changing logon account

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

changing logon account

1. changing logon account - Similar Threads - changing logon account

2. Logon ID must be changed on my OneDrive Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Logon ID must be changed on my OneDrive Account: I have had a OneDrive account for many years and my Logon id was *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. A few years ago Microsoft decided that my MEMUTA.COM paid for each year did not meet their standards and forced me to use a *** Email address is removed for privacy...
  3. Logon ID must be changed on my OneDrive Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logon ID must be changed on my OneDrive Account: I have had a OneDrive account for many years and my Logon id was *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. A few years ago Microsoft decided that my MEMUTA.COM paid for each year did not meet their standards and forced me to use a *** Email address is removed for privacy...
  4. Logon ID must be changed on my OneDrive Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. computer account logons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer account logons: I would like to know the difference between user account and computer account in active directory. I got a lot of successful logon eventsevent 4624 with destination user name as computer account name. When these computer accounts get logged in?...
  6. computer account logons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer account logons: I would like to know the difference between user account and computer account in active directory. I got a lot of successful logon eventsevent 4624 with destination user name as computer account name. When these computer accounts get logged in?...
  7. Unable to logon to laptop after Microsoft account change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to logon to laptop after Microsoft account change: Here's the history: Logged onto laptop using Microsoft account where email address was *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Laptop given to another user a long time ago That email address is also used to logon to an Office 365 system and generates those "Choose work...
  8. Change Microsoft account to Local account for logon

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Microsoft account to Local account for logon: Hello new to these forums and to Windows 10 in general - Windows 7 reasonably OK with. I bought a new laptop running Windows 10 Home 64 bit, and the initial setup left me with my Microsoft account and password as my sign in and my User folder as the first 5 letters of my...
  9. Change the Microsoft account associated with a logon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the Microsoft account associated with a logon?: So we setup a MS account for my daughter, using her email address, but accidentally put in my birthdate so it got created as an adult account. This means I can't add the account to my "Family" so I can setup parental controls. According to Microsoft, there is no way to change...
  10. Keyboard changed on logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard changed on logon: I have 2 languages defined (French and English) both with 2 keyboards defined. Attachment 7888 Default is English and this is (correctly) used on log-on screen. When I get to desktop however it always defaults to French language with French keyboard. Attachment 7889...