Windows 10: Check or Uncheck Do For All Dialog Checkbox by Default in Windows 10

Discus and support Check or Uncheck Do For All Dialog Checkbox by Default in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Check or Uncheck Do For All Dialog Checkbox by Default in Windows 10 How to Check or Uncheck Do For All Dialog Checkbox by Default in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Soyabeaner, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Check or Uncheck Do For All Dialog Checkbox by Default in Windows 10

How to: Check or Uncheck Do For All Dialog Checkbox by Default in Windows 10

How to Check or Uncheck Do For All Dialog Checkbox by Default in Windows 10

When you cut, copy, move, or delete multiple selected files and/or folders from one location to another in Windows, you may get a file operation conflict dialog (ex: "File Access Denied") prompting you what to do if say for example you needed to provide administrator permission to move the files and/or folders. You will also have a Do this for all current items checkbox to make it easier to apply what you want to do to all items.

The "Do this for all current items" checkbox will always be checked or unchecked as it was when last used by default.

This tutorial will show you how to have the Do this for all current items confirmation dialog checkbox to be checked or unchecked by default for your user account in Windows 10.

The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\OperationStatusManager

ConfirmationCheckBoxDoForAll DWORD

0 = Uncheck
    1 = Check

EXAMPLE: "Do this for all current items" checkbox in "File Access Denied" and "Destination Folder Access Denied" dialogs

Check or Uncheck Do For All Dialog Checkbox by Default in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (uncheck) or step 3 (check) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Uncheck "Do this for all current items" by default
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Do_this_for_all_current_items_unchecked_by_default.reg

Download

3. To Check "Do this for all current items" by default
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Do_this_for_all_current_items_checked_by_default.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Soyabeaner, Feb 18, 2018
  2. GF1
    gf1 Win User

Windows 10 does not remember "How do you want to open this file" choices

I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

I have setup IE 11 to be my default browser because I use the LastPass plugin which the Edge browser does not appear to support.

When ever I click on a link in an e-mail I get prompted with the "How do you want to open this file" dialog box. I have selected IE 11 and checked the "Always use this App" checkbox and the bottom of the dialog box. However,
    every time I click on another link in an e-mail the "How do you want to open this file" dialog box appears.

Why do I always have to keep checking the "Always use this App" checkbox?

This same error occurs for other apps that I prefer to use rather that the Windows 10 default apps. It appears that Windows 10 only wants you to use their default apps and will keep displaying the "How do you want to open this file" dialog window when you
    try to use anything else.

This is VERY annoying.

3. NateBowes Win User
    Changing the default behavior of the "connect automatically" check box

I have a client that would like the checkbox on the Wi-Fi connection list to not be checked by default. The client is worried that her PC will connect to random Wi-Fi networks because it always shows the checkbox checked. I explained to my client that
    the checkbox doesn't do anything until you actually connect to a network and that it is just checked by default. To ease my clients concern, does anyone know how to change to default behavior of the checkbox to be unchecked by default?

NateBowes, Feb 18, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Check or Uncheck Do For All Dialog Checkbox by Default in Windows 10

Thank you. They have now been corrected. *Smile

Brink, Feb 18, 2018
Thema:

Check or Uncheck Do For All Dialog Checkbox by Default in Windows 10

1. Check or Uncheck Do For All Dialog Checkbox by Default in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Check Uncheck Dialog

2. Bug Do this for all conflicts checkbox not working Windeos 10 2022 Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug Do this for all conflicts checkbox not working Windeos 10 2022 Bug: This is an old problem and I see Microsoft has not fixed it.When you copy files to an Android phone via USB if you choose "Do this for all conflics" checkbox, it will only do it for the first file that has a conflic, but then it will abort the file transfer all together.This...
  3. "Connect Automatically" boxes checked for all wifi in range. Can't uncheck!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Connect Automatically" boxes checked for all wifi in range. Can't uncheck!: When Windows 10 on my XPS 13 9360 shows nearby networks that are available, whether neighbors' or business', they are checked as "connect automatically".When I uncheck, checks again.It never used to do this. Since it's been happening, it's taken my laptop much longer to...
  4. control userpasword2 no checkbox to uncheck for auto pasword W10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    control userpasword2 no checkbox to uncheck for auto pasword W10: They removed the box when you goto cmd and typ control userpasswords2.You could uncheck the box that says ask for password when windows startup.So you dont have to typ password every time you start up.They removed the check box now.Can anyone help me to work around...
  5. Misconfig Windows 10 Services unchecked all

in Windows 10 Customization
    Misconfig Windows 10 Services unchecked all: I unchecked al the boxes in services in Misconfig. Inclusive windows. Now when I start the computer I can't go further then the login screen. I keep coming back on that login screen no matter what I try. Any suggestions?...
  6. How to uncheck Smart Cards checkbox in Remote Desktop Connection

How to uncheck Smart Cards checkbox in Remote Desktop Connection: I am looking to uncheck the Smart Cards box in Remote Desktop Connections Local Resources > Devices and resources > More... area. I attempted this by disabling this in GPO under Windows Components/Remote Desktop Services/Remote Desktop Session Host/Device and Resource...
  7. Netplwiz, windows 10, no check box to uncheck password and user name.

Netplwiz, windows 10, no check box to uncheck password and user name.: Hi, I'm using window 10, trying to use netplwiz to bypass login but when I chose my user name there is not check box to uncheck use password and user name. Anyone know why? SJM...
  8. The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked*

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked*: The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked* in the list of available networks. Please! note! Not talking about *Saved Networks* or "known networks"! Please, do not address either of these. Also, understand that (in theory) one shouldn't worry because it...
  9. Check or Uncheck All Items in Disk Cleanup by Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check or Uncheck All Items in Disk Cleanup by Default in Windows 10: How to: Check or Uncheck All Items in Disk Cleanup by Default in Windows 10 Set Disk Cleanup to Have All Items Checked or Unchecked by Default in Windows 10 This tutorial no longer works starting with at least Windows 10 version 1903. As a workaround for now, you can...
  10. Check or Uncheck All Items in Disk Cleanup by Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check or Uncheck All Items in Disk Cleanup by Default in Windows 10: *Thumbs For someone who never plays games on a PC, I was surprised that I had the Games entries too! Anyway, I'm glad I could be of any help!

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ConfirmationCheckBoxDoForAll