Windows 10: Show or Hide Folder Merge Conflicts in Windows 10

Discus and support Show or Hide Folder Merge Conflicts in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Show or Hide Folder Merge Conflicts in Windows 10 [img] Information When you copy or move a folder to a destination that already contains a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Show or Hide Folder Merge Conflicts in Windows 10

How to: Show or Hide Folder Merge Conflicts in Windows 10

Show or Hide Folder Merge Conflicts in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information When you copy or move a folder to a destination that already contains a folder with the same name, you can get a folder merge conflict for a Confirm Folder Replace dialog to confirm merging it with the folder at the destination.

Folder merge conflicts are hidden by default in Windows 10.

This tutorial will show you how to show or hide folder merge conflicts to Confirm Folder Replace for your account in Windows 10.

Note Setting to show or hide folder merge conflicts will not affect file merge conflicts like below.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Show or Hide Folder Merge Conflicts using Folder Options
    • Option Two: To Show or Hide Folder Merge Conflicts using a REG file

EXAMPLE: "Confirm Folder Replace" dialog from folder merge conflict

OPTION ONE [/i] To Show or Hide Folder Merge Conflicts using Folder Options
    1. Open Folder Options.

2. Click/tap on the View tab, check (default) or uncheck Hide folder merge conflicts in "Advanced settings" for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Show or Hide Folder Merge Conflicts using a REG file

Note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

HideMergeConflicts DWORD

0 = Show
    1 = Hide

1. Do step 2 (show) or step 3 (hide) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Show Folder Merge Conflicts
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Show_folder_merge_conflicts.reg

Download

3. To Hide Folder Merge Conflicts
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Hide_folder_merge_conflicts.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 2, 2017

2. Folder merge is broken in Windows 10

This is the correct solution.

• Open an Explorer window and click the View tab. Click Folder Options.
    • In the Folder Options window, click the View tab.
    • Uncheck "Hide folder merge conflicts."
    • Click Apply, then OK.

GaryWorthing, Oct 26, 2019
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Show or Hide Folder Merge Conflicts in Windows 10

Unckecking Hide Folder Merge Conflicts Still Doesn't Solve The Problem of Not Being Able To Check For Duplicates

Actually, it worked just fine until today. Every time I copy pasted files and folders, it asked me about duplicates or skip, showing side by side comparison of file name, date, size, in a list. That doesn’t happen anymore, even if I uncheck the “hide folder
    merge” option. Tried it many times, applied, restarted, same result: doesn’t give me duplicated comparison, it simply pastes over (doesn’t create duplicates at all)

Questiooons, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Unckecking Hide Folder Merge Conflicts Still Doesn't Solve The Problem of Not Being Able To Check For Duplicates

Hello Community,

I still cannot find a way to check for duplicates when copying files from Folder A to Folder B. It simply copies everything. I followed the below process with no impact whatsoever:

1. Open Windows Explorer and click on View tab present in the ribbon.

2. Now click on Folder Options icon present at the end of the ribbon toolbar.

3. It'll open Folder Options window. Now go to "View" tab

4. Here you'll see an option "Hide folder merge conflicts". It would be enabled by default. Uncheck the option and apply the changes.

How can I check for duplicates? I'm literally stuck and cannot perform absolutely necessary work.

Please help!

Questiooons, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Show or Hide Folder Merge Conflicts in Windows 10

1. Show or Hide Folder Merge Conflicts in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Show Hide Folder

2. Folder View Hide / Show Buttons Reversed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder View Hide / Show Buttons Reversed.: I've recently got a new HP Desktop PC with Windows 11 Home.I've done everything I need to do with it but an odd fault has occurred where the folder view option shows hidden files when the don't show button is clicked & hides them when the show button is clicked.It's not a...
  3. Folder View Hide / Show Buttons Reversed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder View Hide / Show Buttons Reversed.: I've recently got a new HP Desktop PC with Windows 11 Home.I've done everything I need to do with it but an odd fault has occurred where the folder view option shows hidden files when the don't show button is clicked & hides them when the show button is clicked.It's not a...
  4. How to see the conflict file on azure devops it only show me there are merge conflicts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to see the conflict file on azure devops it only show me there are merge conflicts?: 4,5 months ago when I tried to merge another repo at the time I was able to see the conflict file but when I used Azure after 3/4 months when I tried to merge it showed me the message There is merge conflict it did not show the file which is the files are conflicting....
  5. How to see the conflict file on azure devops it only show me there are merge conflicts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to see the conflict file on azure devops it only show me there are merge conflicts?: 4,5 months ago when I tried to merge another repo at the time I was able to see the conflict file but when I used Azure after 3/4 months when I tried to merge it showed me the message There is merge conflict it did not show the file which is the files are conflicting....
  6. How to Merge Folders in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Merge Folders in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]A wise man once said, “For every minute spent organizing, an hour is earned”. I thought it was good advice and started organizing my computer and learning how to manage Files and Folders. In the quest of organizing things, I stumbled upon a lot of folders that contain...
  7. Can't hide conflictive update with WUShowHide

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't hide conflictive update with WUShowHide: Hello, the other windows update just installed a conflictive update which broke my settings page (settings were closing right after open) so i had to uninstall it, but I cannot hide it with wushowhide, it says "there's no updates to hide" the update in question is KB5003217...
  8. No merge conflict warning when pasting duplicate files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No merge conflict warning when pasting duplicate files.: I'm trying to create a backup of some pictures on a flash drive that already has a lot of images on. Normally, when I go to paste something, if there is a duplicate I get a warning notification window which gives me the option to skip, replace or rename the file. However,...
  9. Merging folders and files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merging folders and files: I have recently installed windows 10. I have 3 hard drives and move and update many files and folders between the drives. Windows 10 wont let me do this. What am I doing wrong ?...
  10. Folder location conflict?

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder location conflict?: So, like in older versions of Windows I can go into the properties of my Documents/Downloads/etc folders and pick the exact location I want them to be at. Most programs will obey that setting for the most part. Now, in the new Settings app in Windows 10 under...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hide folder merge conflicts