Windows 10: Chrome - No More "Close Other Tabs"

Discus and support Chrome - No More "Close Other Tabs" in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The "Close Other Tabs" option has gone in the latest version of Chrome. I used this quite often to cleanup unused tabs but it seems I'm one of the only... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Steve C, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

Chrome - No More "Close Other Tabs"

The "Close Other Tabs" option has gone in the latest version of Chrome. I used this quite often to cleanup unused tabs but it seems I'm one of the only 2% of users to use the feature.

:)

Steve C, Oct 26, 2019

2. Add or Remove Close Buttons on Inactive Tabs in Google Chrome  

How to Add or Remove Close Buttons on Inactive Tabs in Google Chrome

Google Chrome shows close X buttons on inactive tabs in non-touch mode by default.

If you disable showing close buttons on inactive tabs, you will still see the close button when you hover the pointer over an inactive tab.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove close X buttons on inactive tabs in Google Chrome for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Add or Remove close (X) buttons on inactive tabs in Google Chrome

Chrome - No More "Close Other Tabs" [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open Google Chrome.

2. Copy and paste the link below into the address bar of Chrome, and press Enter.
    *Arrow chrome://flags/#close-buttons-inactive-tabs
    3. Select Default, Enabled (add), or Disabled (remove) for what you want in the Close buttons on inactive tabs flag drop down menu. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the RELAUNCH NOW button at the bottom to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Enable or Disable Fast Tab/Window Close in Google Chrome  

How to Enable or Disable Fast Tab/Window Close in Google Chrome in Windows

This tutorial is no longer valid in the latest Google Chrome.

In Google Chrome, you can enable or disable a flag for an experimental feature which affects the tab and window closing performance of Google Chrome.

When the Fast tab/window close flag is enabled, Chrome runs a tab's onunload JavaScript handler independently of the GUI.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable fast tab and window closing in Google Chrome for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Google Chrome.

2. Copy and paste the link below into the address bar of Chrome, and press Enter.
    *Arrow chrome://flags/#enable-fast-unload
    3. Select Disabled (default) or Enabled for the Fast tab/window close setting you want. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the RELAUNCH NOW button at the bottom to apply. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Chrome - No More "Close Other Tabs"

Close all tabs warning disabled after update KB3116900

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the details.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys, opens the Run Command.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.
    • Under General Tab, select Tabs.
    • Select if the Warn me when closing the multiple tabs is
      checked
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Chrome - No More "Close Other Tabs"

1. Chrome - No More "Close Other Tabs" - Similar Threads - Chrome More Close

2. What is the Close tab shortcut in Chrome or Firefox on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 News
    What is the Close tab shortcut in Chrome or Firefox on Windows 11?: [IMG]In this post, we will see what the Close tab shortcut in Chrome and Firefox on a Windows PC. While working on a PC or laptop, keyboard shortcuts always make it easier for us to perform tasks quickly. They not only save us time but also enable us to work more efficiently....
  3. Blue Screen When Closing Chrome Tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen When Closing Chrome Tab: I often got blue screens when I am closing chrome tabs, especially the last tab.Minidumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aok1tqJhZ5WIii8wmH8AMfxaMqeo?e=utLki6Help please, thank you!...
  4. Blue Screen When Closing Chrome Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen When Closing Chrome Tab: I often got blue screens when I am closing chrome tabs, especially the last tab.Minidumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aok1tqJhZ5WIii8wmH8AMfxaMqeo?e=utLki6Help please, thank you!...
  5. Blue Screen When Closing Chrome Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Chrome Bug- Control+W will close entire Chrome window instead of tab.

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Bug- Control+W will close entire Chrome window instead of tab.: Searching the internet, I can see that this issue has been reported many time before but I actually have seen an actual answer to it. It would be nice if Chrome officially responds to it since it seems like a prevalent problem that's been reported over 10 years ago. A few...
  7. [HELP] Middle click is no longer closing tabs in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] Middle click is no longer closing tabs in Google Chrome: submitted by /u/IamNR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g92wt8/help_middle_click_is_no_longer_closing_tabs_in/
  8. In Chrome, closed tabs still seem to be holding in memory

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Chrome, closed tabs still seem to be holding in memory: Why does Chrome hold memory for all tabs that were opened, even after tabs are already closed. For example, Task Manager shows 40 tabs in memory while only 12 tabs are currently open....
  9. Add or Remove Close Buttons on Inactive Tabs in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Close Buttons on Inactive Tabs in Google Chrome: How to: Add or Remove Close Buttons on Inactive Tabs in Google Chrome How to Add or Remove Close Buttons on Inactive Tabs in Google Chrome Google Chrome shows close X buttons on inactive tabs in non-touch mode by default. If you disable showing close buttons on...
  10. Enable or Disable Fast Tab/Window Close in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Fast Tab/Window Close in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Fast Tab/Window Close in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Fast Tab/Window Close in Google Chrome in Windows This tutorial is no longer valid in the latest Google Chrome. In Google Chrome, you can enable or disable a flag for an...