Windows 10: Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10

Discus and support Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Hello Ted, *Smile You might see if resetting the Store using the method in the tutorial below may help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Gladitor04, Sep 14, 2015.

1. TedJones Win User

Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10

Hi thanks for quick reply. *Smile

I tried both options and no1 didn't help, no2 worked, but only halfway. Tweaking.com windows repair tool had the same scenario after reboot.

So when I rebooted, I got a prompt from Action Centre sticky notes got updated, but when I checked store its listed again and with this error..

Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10 [​IMG]

I have 2 privacy apps, O&O win10 and Spybot win10 telemetry.. I suspected it might be something here, but it worked fine before and now disabled didn't help, so that wasn't it.

The only other issue would be when I changed store install directory to other partition for games, it also installed few normal apps there.. I've uninstalled all those games, apps and folder(s) and restored its default install (storage/save locations) back to C: ..

I saw one forum member having similar issue when he tweaked install directory, something about permissions and apps can't install. Will have to look at his post again..

Although I remember using Store after I did that revert, it also updated few apps, then I didn't use it anymore until somewhere in middle of December and got that. At first I left it alone, but now I wanted to install a new app and couldn't.

TedJones, Jan 2, 2017
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Ted,

As a test, are you able to install apps while signed in to another account on the PC?

If no, then it could be one of the privacy apps causing it. If so, then you could try completely uninstalling them one by one and testing inbetween.

If yes, then it could be the save location. However, if it still doesn't let you install apps after changing back to the default C: location, then it would most likely be something else causing this.

Brink, Jan 2, 2017
  3. TedJones Win User
    I should make a new MS live account or new local account?

Because I have only my local account and for store apps I use hotmail/MS live account,.

TedJones, Jan 2, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 2, 2017
  5. TedJones Win User
    Hi,

I did that too, but I couldn't open the store at all, I pressed on it and nothing happened, all modern apps froze like that. I didn't experiment more and reboot after if it might help. Now I returned to my original account and just ignore it.

Will see what's up now next Tuesday by monthly update.

Thanks for your help *Smile

TedJones, Jan 4, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Please let us know how it went.

Brink, Jan 4, 2017
  7. TedJones Win User
    Hi, Im back.. Update didnt do anything, but I saw this in event viewer by each failed store app update..

ID1001
    When I checked in programdata folder I saw its IAUB.exe

and I also found this when I searched for InstallAgentUserBroker.exe error
    Windows Firewall Control Blocks Store From Downloading New Apps

I added those 4 parameters via powershell (admin), but it didnt help..

Im also using Nod32 security9, windows firewall is enabled - service, so idk what's up now.

Could be this too*?
    The server {37998346-3765-45B1-8C66-AA88CA6B20B8} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

I remember fixing this dcom stuff few times now, always got broken after certain update.. I had to set permissions in registry..
    And I see its back again.

And this
    The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated with the following error:
    Unspecified error ID 7023

I was fixing this the other day, well I googled for it and I saw to disable one particular service but now I see its back.
    Event Id 7023 Windows Anniversary Update - The Connected Devices - Microsoft Community

Ok I checked again and I've set it to manual not disabled, but then again I see its for universal glass scenarios.

TedJones, Jan 10, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 10, 2017
  9. TedJones Win User
    One more thing before I try this

I looked up what's that DCOM and found this

{5E176815-9A63-4A69-810F-62E90D36612A} >> cdpsvc [CDPComDeviceQuery]

which also pinpointed to this thread
    Windows 10 Event ID 10010 and 10016 Errors With DistributedCOM

I've now set both registry permission entries to administrators instead of SYSTEM, was set to SYSTEM by both..

Should this do the trick?

will reboot now, and I'll also try AIO windows repair - tweaking.com again if there is something regarding this InstallAgentUserBroker.exe

I see they updated the app again,*Confused

TedJones, Jan 11, 2017
  10. TedJones Win User
    Ok so that DCOM didnt do much, but after I ran that AIO windows repair it seem to update few apps again, ah well..

4 out of 7.

Will just keep it as it is, until I feel like using that refresh windows command., atm not in mood to reinstall all drivers and certain applications..

Thanks for all your help!

TedJones, Jan 11, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's looking like a refresh will have to do then. *Sad

Brink, Jan 11, 2017
  12. TedJones Win User
    Hey, its me again, I looked in CBS log and there is a ownership error,
    Is this fixable, or I should just give up? *Smile [/quote]
    L: My Computer
    You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: PC/Desktop
    CPU: intel i7 4770K OC 4.7Ghz - 1.27v
    Motherboard: Asus Z87 Deluxe
    Memory: 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 980Ti AmpExtreme
    Sound Card: Creative XFI Titanium HD
    Monitor(s) Displays: Eizo Foris
    Screen Resolution: 1080p and DSR 1620p
    Keyboard: G19s
    Mouse: Razer Coperhead
    PSU: 650W
    Case: HAF932 v2
    Cooling: H2O Aio H90
    Internet Speed: 150MBit
    Browser: Edge, IE11, FF v50 64bit
    Antivirus: NOD32 security 9

[*]
    Brama Junior Member Posts : #56
    You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... OS: Windows 10 pro

[*]
    Brink Administrator Posts : 28,678 64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17655
    New[/b] 15 Feb 2017 #57
    L: My Computers
    You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: Custom self built
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard: ASUS Maximus X Code Z370
    Memory: 16 GB (8GBx2) G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3200 MHz
    Graphics Card: ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card: Integrated
    Monitor(s) Displays: 3 x 27" Asus VE278Q
    Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
    Keyboard: Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse: Logitech MX Master
    PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
    Case: Corsair Air 740
    Cooling: Corsair Hydro H115i
    Hard Drives: 250GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2, 256GB OCZ Vector, 6TB WD Black WD6001FZWX
    Internet Speed: 300 Mb/s Download and 30 Mb/s Upload
    Browser: Google Chrome
    Antivirus: Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium
    Other Info: Logitech Z625 speaker system, Creative F200 webcam, HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn, Linksys EA9500 router, Arris SB6190 cable modem, APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL, Lumia 1520 phone
    Computer Type: Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU: i7-7500U 2.70 GHz
    Memory: 16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card: Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays: 17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution: 3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives: 512 GB M.2 SSD
    Browser: Google Chrome
    Antivirus: Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium

[*]
    [*]
    Brama Junior Member Posts : #58
    You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... OS: Windows 10 pro

[*]
    Brink Administrator Posts : 28,678 64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17655
    New[/b] 16 Feb 2017 #59

TedJones, Jan 15, 2017
  13. Brama Win User

I have the same couple of errors when I try to register any app that are disappeared completely from my OS:

16.1.2017 1:50:11 709 Rejecting a request to register from AppxBundleManifest.xml because the manifest is not in the package root.
    16.1.2017 1:50:11 404 AppX Deployment operation failed for package with error 0x80070057. The specific error text for this failure is:
    Rejecting a request to register from AppxBundleManifest.xml because the manifest is not in the package root.

Have you found a solution or have I to refresh and reinstall every desktop app? *Shock

Brama, Feb 14, 2017
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 14, 2017
  15. Brama Win User
    Thanks Brink,
    I already did a repair install, with selected option to keep files and apps.
    Unfortunately it is not working.
    I wish not to be obliged to do a refresh, as I have so many configuration and desktop apps to work on.
    It is so strange that Microsoft provides a very deep error analisys in xml and no one of them is able to address how to solve the issue.

Brama, Feb 15, 2017
Thema:

1. Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Clear Reset Store

2. How to clear the Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear the Cache in Windows 10: [ATTACH]There are times when users must make efforts to clear their Windows 10 cache, […] This article How to clear the Cache in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. clear cache

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clear cache: How do I clear cache in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-cache/88e77c48-6176-469c-815c-2c825048c7fe
  4. How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10

How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10: Hi, I am facing problem as the Progress Bar keep running green after the optional windows update of KB455094 though I have deleted it but the problem remain same. Even Explorer can not be open unless I reboot computer whenever I have to access folders in Explorer....
  5. Clearing cach - windows 10

Clearing cach - windows 10: How do I clear cache? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-cach-windows-10/42366b1a-40dd-4395-b170-b5137b4f0bd7
  6. Clearing update cache

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clearing update cache: I am thinking of cleaning up the update cache i saw how to do it via software distribution folder. I am wondering though is it safe to delete everything in the downloads below is what my folder looks like is it safe to delete everything or should i only delete certain...
  7. how to clear caches

how to clear caches: how to clear caches https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-caches/cfedf7a2-2ec3-465a-ba4e-ce8fce234761
  8. Clearing cache

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clearing cache: How do I clear cache on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-cache/1b4043d8-15be-4402-8bac-078d8b32570c
  9. Clear and Reset External Display Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear and Reset External Display Cache in Windows 10: How to: Clear and Reset External Display Cache in Windows 10 How to Clear and Reset External Display Cache in Windows 10 The display cache in Windows 10 helps the computer to remember what mode and resolution to use when a particular display output is detected from a...
  10. Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10: How to: Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10 How to Clear and Reset the Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10 Windows keeps a copy of all your folder, picture, video, and document thumbnails in a cache so they can be reused to quickly display when you open a folder...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rejecting a request to register from appxbundlemanifest .xml because the manifest is not in the package root