Windows 10: Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge

Discus and support Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Having this problem with Edge.. EVERY time I close Edge up pops that silly "Do you want to close all tabs?" window along with checking the "Always... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Sonny1st, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Sonny1st Win User

Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge

Having this problem with Edge.. EVERY time I close Edge up pops that silly "Do you want to close all tabs?" window along with checking the "Always close all tabs" box.. I say Yes and check the box but it doesn't hold the setting.. Anyone know of a way to stop this annoying occurrence?

Thanks

:)

Sonny1st, Oct 26, 2017

2. How to restore "Close warning when close multiple tabs" Microsoft Edge??

Hi

Unfortunately they did not include an option to disable that "Always close all tabs" setting.

You can disable this setting by using the following tutorial.

See Option Two in the following tutorial.

How to Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10:

Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Let us know if this works for you.

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, Oct 26, 2017
  3. Abi99 (2) Win User
    I.E. sparatic on MS Lumia 640-Windows 10

Do you still face that issue when you close all taps via

• Edge » Tabs » Options » Close all tabs and/or
    • Edge » Options » Settings » Clear browsing data?

Abi99 (2), Oct 26, 2017
  4. Sonny1st Win User

Screen shot of what I'm talking about. I check 'Always close all tabs' and then 'Close All' and the next time I use Edge it's the same thing. Is anyone else having this problem?

Sonny1st, Nov 2, 2017
  5. torre Win User
    torre, Nov 3, 2017
  6. Sonny1st Win User
    Torre, I'm running the latest version .. 1709, OS build 16299.19. But Edge was doing this before upgrading. The good news is the Reset (following the link you posted) seems to have worked. Thanks a LOT!

Sonny1st, Nov 3, 2017
  7. Sonny1st Win User
    I found the culprit. After resetting Edge I began personalizing it and after I had it like I wanted the problem started again. To make a long story short this happens if you go to Settings/Choose what to clear and check Website permissions. If you leave it unchecked it remembers not to ask you every time you close the browser if you want to Close all Tabs. *sarc

Sonny1st, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge - Similar Threads - Close Tabs setting

2. New Edge version does not show close all tabs box

in Browsers and Email
    New Edge version does not show close all tabs box: The new edge version just showed up today on my HP desktop running windows home 10 build 10.0.18362 and edge version 83.0.478.50 build (64 bit). I've run the registry edit file to change the dword to 1 to turn the option on and checking the registry editor it indicates that...
  3. Opening edge with set tab

in Browsers and Email
    Opening edge with set tab: I am running Edge Chromium at the moment and when I close down it shuts all opens tabs - I don't have a problem with that but what I would like it for me to open Edge so that Outlook.com mail opens automatically in the first tab on start up or closing all tabs and selecting...
  4. Microsoft edge closing and repoening a tab

in Cortana
    Microsoft edge closing and repoening a tab: I have looked at the same question yet the methods do not work how to fix???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-closing-and-repoening-a-tab/e299e48b-3741-4de0-a6dc-0ee06ba1c335"
  5. Closing Out Tab in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Closing Out Tab in Edge: I use Edge browser and alot of the time I'm in full screen with multiple tabs open. I'm aware that ctl + tab will jump from tab to tab. My question, is there a shortcut on the keyboard to close out the tab I'm viewing and not close the other tabs? 126336
  6. Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open

in Browsers and Email
    Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open: V1809 with the last Tuesday update. When closing Edge, it always asks to close all tabs even though there is only one tab open. [img] 119766
  7. Close all Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Close all Tabs: When using a search engine and having the need to return to a previous page, at present I am unable to do so. All I can do is either "Cancel" or "Close all Tabs" . This means I lose the site and have to start all over again. I am using Windows10 64byte. Can anyone tell me how...
  8. Microsoft Edge - Do You Want To Close All Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Do You Want To Close All Tabs: Hi All, I accidently put a tick in "Always Close All Tabs" when closing down Edge, how can I change this back as I don't want this setting, I thought it might be called "warnonclose" like IE within the Registry, however this is not the case. I cannot see within the...
  9. Always close all tabs not working

in Browsers and Email
    Always close all tabs not working: I use Edge normally and really get annoyed when I close it with the top right hand X and "always close all tabs" comes up. I tick the box every time and close the browser, but get asked the same question every time. When I close with the top right hand X, I expect the damn...
  10. "Do you want to close all tabs" How set it up to close just one tab?

in Browsers and Email
    "Do you want to close all tabs" How set it up to close just one tab?: I have tried what I could find on the web to set up 10 to close just the one tab I'm in. I'm at a loss , is there a way with multiple tabs open to close just one. In 7 it was easy, why eliminate the easy way in 10? Is there a way to do it, it's important. Otherwise all tabs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge close all tabs not working

2. edge always close all tabs not working

3. close all tabs not working

4. close all tabs in edge problem,
  5. always close all tabs microsoft edge not working,
  6. tabs not working browsers