Windows 10: Closed Microsoft account - change in hardware

Discus and support Closed Microsoft account - change in hardware in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, My Windows 10 has deregistered due to changes in my Hardware. How can I recover my account? I have flowed the steps in the trouble shooter and got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Gina Wearne, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Closed Microsoft account - change in hardware

Hi,

My Windows 10 has deregistered due to changes in my Hardware. How can I recover my account? I have flowed the steps in the trouble shooter and got to the point where it asks me to type in my Current Windows password once more or leave the space blank if no password is set. I logged in with Administrator which does not have a password set. So I left the space open and hit enter. It then said: Oops! this must be and error from our side. Please try again. This has been going on for a long time. How do I recover my windows 10 account. I do now have the original CD for the windows 10 as I bought the computer from a friend with a registered windows 7 on it which I then upgraded to windows 10 when the free offer was active. I now changed hardware and my windows in unregistered. How do I activate my windows?

:)

Gina Wearne, Feb 24, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. Closed Microsoft account - change in hardware

Microsoft Account Email Change

Hi Carlo,

Do you want to replace the current account with another Microsoft Account?

I suggest you to convert the current Microsoft Account to a local account and then convert back to Microsoft account but while doing so add the new Microsoft account that you want to replace with the old.

This way you would not need to transfer all her applications, software, data, etc.

1. Convert Microsoft Account to a local account

• From the Desktop. Press the Windows key and then press the letter R.
    • This will bring up the run box.
    • Type Control Panel and click OK.
    • This will bring up the control panel and you will be able to access the user accounts from there.
    • To change to local account, do the above steps, If in category view Click on user accounts and Family safety.
    • Then click on user accounts. Click on make changes to my account in PC settings. You should be able to change to a local account.

2. Convert local account to a Microsoft Account

Step 1:
    Go to Start
    Closed Microsoft account - change in hardware 6ec55dc1-424c-4352-b681-3d4a8342bc62.png?n=windows-10-windows-icon-20.png
    , and select
    Settings > Accounts > Your account.

Step 2:

Look to see which kind of account you used to sign in:

• A Microsoft account. If you're already signed in with a Microsoft account, your name and email address appear above your account picture.
    • A local account. If you're signed in with a local account, you'll see the words
      Local Account below your name, along with the Connect to a Microsoft account link.

Switch your local account to a Microsoft account.

Step 1:
    Go to Start
    Closed Microsoft account - change in hardware 6ec55dc1-424c-4352-b681-3d4a8342bc62.png?n=windows-10-windows-icon-20.png
    , and select
    Settings > Accounts > Your account.

Step 2:
    Select Sign in with a Microsoft account.

You might have to verify your password.

Step 3:
    Choose one of the following:

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries on the issue above. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Closed Microsoft account - change in hardware

1. Closed Microsoft account - change in hardware - Similar Threads - Closed Microsoft account

2. Your Microsoft account will not close.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your Microsoft account will not close.: If you proceed with closing or terminating your Microsoft accountTell them to cancel their current business or organizational services and delete all Microsoft Entra tenants.So I tried the following.->Are you sure you want to leave the '24939112-3633-45fd-9445-fa1bdfdf07ab'...
  3. Close Microsoft account immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Close Microsoft account immediately: I opened a new microsoft account on accident. I just wanted another outlook email address associated with my own account.Now the name is taken, and it takes at least 30 days before the other account is closed. I don't want to wait 30 days. How do I delete the account...
  4. Close Microsoft account immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Close Microsoft account immediately: I opened a new microsoft account on accident. I just wanted another outlook email address associated with my own account.Now the name is taken, and it takes at least 30 days before the other account is closed. I don't want to wait 30 days. How do I delete the account...
  5. Microsoft account is not closed permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account is not closed permanently: I had applied for permanent closure of my Microsoft account associated with a different email id. I received the confirmation saying that my account will be closed permanently on 8/5/2023. However the account is still active. I need to urgently use that email id with an...
  6. Microsoft account is not closed permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account is not closed permanently: I had applied for permanent closure of my Microsoft account associated with a different email id. I received the confirmation saying that my account will be closed permanently on 8/5/2023. However the account is still active. I need to urgently use that email id with an...
  7. Closing of Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Closing of Microsoft account: hi, I'm having Microsoft account having windows 10 purchased and installed on desktop. What will happen if I close my Microsoft account. Will my windows 10 support won't be there? Please explain in brief....
  8. Closing Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Closing Microsoft Account: So my last microsoft account got hacked so I closed it but it is also the account that I used to set up my laptop. Is there anything I need to do before it gets deleted???...
  9. Closing Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Closing Microsoft account: I'm switching internet provider shortly. My Microsoft account was created with provider based email address, like xxx@provider. I will be closing this account shortly and from what I've read, when you close your Microsoft account, you also delete any emails, files and One...
  10. Microsoft account not showing devices correctly after hardware changes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft account not showing devices correctly after hardware changes: I've got 6 Windows 10 devices (5 PCs, 1 laptop) registered with my Microsoft account (all 6 were upgrades from Win7). My son's PC's motherboard died, so I built a new system (for me), and gave him my PC. However, I put his hard drives in my PC, and put my hard drives in the...