Windows 10: Combining existing microsoft account with new one

Discus and support Combining existing microsoft account with new one in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I must have had another Microsoft account prior to the new one that I created because it is saying that my email is already in use. How do I combine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nakia_0723, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Combining existing microsoft account with new one

I must have had another Microsoft account prior to the new one that I created because it is saying that my email is already in use.

How do I combine accounts and/or delete old account?

:)

Nakia_0723, Jan 27, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. How to replace old Microsoft Account with a new Microsoft Account

Hi Hitendra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back with a new Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

Step 1:

• Type Manage your accounts
      in the search bar and click on it
    • Click on "sign in with a local account instead"
    • Press next and complete the process.
    • If you do not have a local account, leave the credentials blank and proceed.

Step 2: Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps to add a new MSA.

1. In the Start search, type "Manage your accounts" and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Click on "sign in with a local account instead"

4. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Combining existing microsoft account with new one

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Combining existing microsoft account with new one :(

Zakin, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Combining existing microsoft account with new one

1. Combining existing microsoft account with new one - Similar Threads - Combining existing microsoft

2. "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one.": Its been long since I used my outlook account, and when I tried to login to the account today it shows "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one." I have this account logged on my mail app since long time, but for some reason it shows...
  3. "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one.": Its been long since I used my outlook account, and when I tried to login to the account today it shows "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one." I have this account logged on my mail app since long time, but for some reason it shows...
  4. That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one.: MS Support has been unsuccessful in solving this problem.I am using Windows 11 Pro. I recently upgraded from a Family account to Business Standard. I am the administrator on both accounts.I want to change my Windows sign-in to my new business account but am unable to. If I...
  5. That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one.: MS Support has been unsuccessful in solving this problem.I am using Windows 11 Pro. I recently upgraded from a Family account to Business Standard. I am the administrator on both accounts.I want to change my Windows sign-in to my new business account but am unable to. If I...
  6. "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one."

in Windows 10 Customization
    "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one.": Hi Microsoft, I can't sign in on my Windows 10 desktop . The error "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one. " appears when using my work email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** . It uses office 365.How to fix this?...
  7. That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one. But it...

in Windows 10 Customization
    That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one. But it...: That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one. My account does exist. It is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and Microsoft allowed me to create it. I tried linking my other account as a alias but that didn't work. I the click on...
  8. That Microsoft account doesn’t exist. Enter a different account or get a new one.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    That Microsoft account doesn’t exist. Enter a different account or get a new one.: Hi I am getting the following message when trying to download from the Microsoft app store: That Microsoft account doesn’t exist. Enter a different account orget a new one. I also get the same message when I try to verify my account in Settings>Accounts>Your Info I am...
  9. That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one.: Somehow my msn email account is no longer active I keep getting the error msg "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one." I created a new outlook email account and my old msn emails are there.. I tried sending an email to the deleted...
  10. "That Microsoft account doesn’t exist. Enter a different account or get a new one."

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "That Microsoft account doesn’t exist. Enter a different account or get a new one.": Hello, I am get the above message when trying to sign in on my laptop, as a user, so that I can sync my phone etc. I am trying to use our company 365 account. I'd like to sync all my work details and not use my personal Microsoft account Thanks Nathan...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have 2 microsoft accounts can i link them