Windows 10: Computer crashes when playing Starcraft II

Discus and support Computer crashes when playing Starcraft II in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been playing Starcraft II on my laptop for a few months now, but this morning, the computer completely crashes, typically a couple minutes into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tduck, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Tduck Win User

Computer crashes when playing Starcraft II

I've been playing Starcraft II on my laptop for a few months now, but this morning, the computer completely crashes, typically a couple minutes into play. The computer doesn't BSOD, it just simply shuts down, instantly. I've attached some logs below (gathered as directed in the BSOD posting instructions), and here's a screenshot of my Reliability Monitor, which shows the crashes. I've already tried updating my graphics driver, but that doesn't seem to have helped. Please help me troubleshoot this, as I'm a little scared that this half-year-old laptop might already be dying, and I can't afford a new one. Thanks!

:)

Tduck, Jan 13, 2017
  2. briankoo Win User

Computer Crashing Frequently when I play games like Skyrim and Starcraft 2, and I don't know how to fix it.

I've been having some damnable issue with my computer: it keeps crashing when I play games like Skyrim and Starcraft 2, and I don't know how to fix it. I've tried the usual troubleshooting, like reformatting my computer, updating drivers, re-seating my graphics
    card and some such, but it still keeps coming back. These are the mini dumps:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1577610/report.html

Please help me.

briankoo, Jan 13, 2017
  3. Software on Apps & Features will not delete

I installed a game, software, called Starcraft II.

Now I think I did not uninstall it properly, as it is
    still listed
    in Apps & features in my System menu.

I have scanned my hard drive for missing files that could be located by
    Apps & features
    but I have not come across any Blizzard or Starcraft II files.

I am hoping that I can remove the StarCraft II icon, and free up any space which is being used up in the process.

Help me Microsoft Community your my only hope !

Computer crashes when playing Starcraft II [​IMG]

AlexGJWilson, Jan 13, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

The logs indicate that there is a hardware error. Digging deeper it looks like the CPU may be overheating or causing a problem. Make sure the fans are working and are free of dust.

Code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception Arg2: ffffa00595549688, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure. Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value. Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value. 1: kd> !errrec ffffa00595549688 =============================================================================== Common Platform Error Record @ ffffa00595549688 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Record Id : 01d26e6b6d2d5ac0 Severity : Fatal (1) Length : 928 Creator : Microsoft Notify Type : Machine Check Exception Timestamp : 1/14/2017 13:38:24 (UTC) Flags : 0x00000002 PreviousError =============================================================================== Section 0 : Processor Generic ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffa00595549708 Section @ ffffa005955497e0 Offset : 344 Length : 192 Flags : 0x00000001 Primary Severity : Fatal Proc. Type : x86/x64 Instr. Set : x64 Error Type : BUS error Operation : Generic Flags : 0x00 Level : 3 CPU Version : 0x0000000000660f51 Processor ID : 0x0000000000000000 =============================================================================== Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffa00595549750 Section @ ffffa005955498a0 Offset : 536 Length : 128 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000000 CPU Id : 51 0f 66 00 00 08 04 00 - 0b 32 d8 7e ff fb 8b 17 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Proc. Info 0 @ ffffa005955498a0 =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffa00595549798 Section @ ffffa00595549920 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : BUSLG_GENERIC_ERR_*_TIMEOUT_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 4) Status : 0xfe00000000070f0f Address : 0x00000000d3664024 Misc. : 0xd00a0fff01000000[/quote] I suggest you run a test of your CPU using Prime95. Please follow the instructions in the tutorial carefully and especially the part about monitoring the temperatures and stopping if they get too hot.

Report back on the results.

philc43, Jan 13, 2017
  5. Tduck Win User
    I've had it running over an hour without problems. The laptop isn't overheating either. I'll keep it running, but what further steps should I take? I recall that my computer installed an update last night. Should I try to uninstall it?

Tduck, Jan 14, 2017
  6. Tduck Win User
    I uninstalled the update, and that didn't work. Then I reinstalled Windows and Starcraft II, and it's still crashing. I'm really not sure what to try at this point.

Tduck, Jan 14, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    The test ran successfully which is good. I do not think your CPU is faulty, I was concerned it was getting too hot and causing problems with communication via the BUS. There is another stress test you can run called Furmark which I recommend you try next.

philc43, Jan 14, 2017
  8. Tduck Win User

I just ran the test for 3 hours, with no problems, and I just started it again. It is normal that it is at 3 fps, right? Here's a screenshot:

Attachment 117228

Tduck, Jan 14, 2017
  9. philc43 Win User
    I'm wondering if we are chasing the wrong thing here. You say the crashes are instant and no BSOD shows up. I have been looking at the various BSOD events which may not be connected. The most recent crash dumps for 14th Jan are happening only a few seconds after the session start time and this can be symptomatic of a power supply problem, say a faulty power socket or connection. Did you have problems like this on the 14th?

The earlier crash dump for 4th Jan shows a problem with nbdrv.sys which is a from an Internet traffic control monitoring tool. I would try disabling or removing that software for now. Looking deeper there is also mention of a vboxdrv.sys problem which is the Virtual Box software. Starting with a clean boot may be a useful diagnostic route to eliminate some of the software running on your system.

philc43, Jan 14, 2017
  10. Tduck Win User
    I didn't have any problems before the 14th, and played almost daily. The system runs fine, being on for hours at a time, except for when I'm playing Starcraft II (I don't play any other games, so the system doesn't really feel much stress otherwise, though). Since reinstalling Windows, it now crashes almost instantly, but only in game. The menus and matchmaking seem to run fine as before. I've had Virtualbox installed for months, without any updates recently. I'll do a clean boot, and then upload the log files again.

Tduck, Jan 15, 2017
  11. Tduck Win User
    Alright. Did a clean boot, and only ran Starcraft II. It still crashed. Here's the logs. (The crash was this morning, on the 18th.)

Tduck, Jan 17, 2017
  12. philc43 Win User
    This was not a BSOD event, there is no crash dump file for the 18th to examine. Something is causing the PC to shutdown. Please fill out your full system specs including the power supply details, hard drives etc.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer crashes when playing Starcraft II - Similar Threads - Computer crashes playing

2. Computer crash when playing VR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crash when playing VR: basically, when playing vr for around 30 minutes up to 1 hour my pc just freezes completely and then reboots, already made sure it wasnt the temperature of both the gpu and cpu, did a clean re-install of my amd gpu drivers and even checked the event viewer and reliability...
  3. Computer crash when playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crash when playing a game: I was playing The Long Drive and when i quite the game, reloaded, and hit "load world" my computer frize, and a few seconds later, my monitors went deepfried and crashed.here's the problem windows highlighted. Can someone decipher this and tell me which piece of hardware...
  4. Computer crash when playing a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crash when playing a game: I was playing The Long Drive and when i quite the game, reloaded, and hit "load world" my computer frize, and a few seconds later, my monitors went deepfried and crashed.here's the problem windows highlighted. Can someone decipher this and tell me which piece of hardware...
  5. Computer crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes when playing games: When playing 3D games Apex, dauntless and dark souls 3 my computer crashes seemingly at random. The only time it crashes consistently is when cutscenes start in the game Nioh.This is an issue that has only started in the last year and has been getting worse recently. It...
  6. Computer crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes when playing games: When playing 3D games Apex, dauntless and dark souls 3 my computer crashes seemingly at random. The only time it crashes consistently is when cutscenes start in the game Nioh.This is an issue that has only started in the last year and has been getting worse recently. It...
  7. Computer crashes when playing games

8. Music is not playing on headphones while I’m playing Starcraft 2.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Music is not playing on headphones while I’m playing Starcraft 2.: Like the title says. I have the source is YouTube on chrome and output set as my wireless headphones but it won’t play music. However If I select my laptop speaker it will play. It was working fine up to a few days ago. Windows 10 b1909 submitted by /u/TheCalamity305...
  9. Starcraft II (W10) Gaming Lag Fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Starcraft II (W10) Gaming Lag Fix: Well, not sure if anyone plays Starcraft 2, but in W10 there is major lag with the game compared to playing it on W8.1 or W7, and the cause of the issue is the XBOX crAPP that is imbedded within the operating system. Even if you haven't used the APP or have an XBOX account...
  10. Computer Crashes when playing games

Computer Crashes when playing games: Hello, my computers is crashing when I start up Final Fantasy XIV or World of Warcraft. When it first happen I check the temperature of my GTX 780 graphic card and it was overheating at 90 degrees (surprised) so I downclock the GPU putting a cap of how high the temperature...