Windows 10: Computer Multiple crashes and reboots at random

Discus and support Computer Multiple crashes and reboots at random in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i got the new motherboard this week, So far no more crashes what so ever and the computer even acts more stable then it ever has. Thank you all for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by coolmariodude, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Computer Multiple crashes and reboots at random

So i got the new motherboard this week, So far no more crashes what so ever and the computer even acts more stable then it ever has. Thank you all for the help.

coolmariodude, Nov 18, 2017
  2. zbook New Member
    zbook, Nov 18, 2017
  3. philc43 Win User
    That is good news! Hopefully you won't need our help again but we are here if you need us *Smile

philc43, Nov 18, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Computer Multiple crashes and reboots at random

Why post a new zip if he no longer has a problem?????

Ztruker, Nov 19, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
  6. Sorry for the late reply, But Finally got to the DMLogger. Here you guys are.. My computer froze up and I am doing a little troubleshooting of my own tonight.. I rolled bakc from the Windows 10 fall update 1709 to the Creators update to see if anything happens like that again.. Hopefully if any hardware issues the zip will show you. If not Chances are I'm going Linux and praying that a kernel panic happens in which i could debug.DESKTOP-G5RP0J9-Fri_12_15_2017_222028_26.zip

coolmariodude, Dec 15, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    The logs displayed 2 crashes.
    There was 1 crash dump fail.
    Windows fast startup failed.
    Windows indexing is corrupt.
    The WHEA has disappeared.

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    3) chkdsk /scan
    4) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    5) If you use Ccleaner > click windows tab > scroll down to system and advanced > post an image into the thread
    6) In the left lower corner search type clean > open disk cleanup > scroll up and down > post images into the thread
    7) In the left lower corner search type: system or system control > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings
    > on the advanced tab under startup and recovery click settings > post an image of the startup and recovery into the thread.
    > on the advanced tab under performance > click on settings > click on advanced tab > under virtual memory click on change > post an image of the virtual memory tab into the thread
    8) In the left lower corner search type services > open windows error reporting service > scroll to the startup type column > right click > left click on properties > post an image into the thread
    9) Download and install Whocrashed > in the left upper corner above analyze click on tools > crash dump test > type: ACCEPT
    Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer
    10) Click analyze > look for dead or deaddead in the results > post the results into the thread
    11) Run the DM log collector after all of the above steps and post a zip into the thread:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
    12) Turn off Windows fast startup
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    13) In the left lower corner search type: index > open indexing options > click advanced > click rebuild
    This may take a long time so plan to run overnight.

Code: Event[1054]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot Date: 2017-12-09T20:44:06.757 Event ID: 29 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-G5RP0J9 Description: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000411.[/quote] Code: Event[1583]: Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 2017-12-15T22:02:27.736 Event ID: 46 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-G5RP0J9 Description: Crash dump initialization failed![/quote] Code: Event[987]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 2017-12-09T06:52:34.299 Event ID: 41 Task: N/A Level: Critical Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-G5RP0J9 Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.[/quote] Code: 12/16/2017 3:04 AM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: WsearchHealth Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: Corruption P2: 0xc0041801 P3: unknown P4: 0 P5: P6: P7: P8: P9: P10: Attached files: These files may be available here: Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: c3cebeca-fd12-4b9a-8da9-12e9107b64ff Report Status: 262148 Hashed bucket:12/16/2017 3:04 AM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: WsearchHealth Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: Corruption P2: 0xc0041801 P3: unknown P4: 0 P5: P6: P7: P8: P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER1B4E.tmp.mdmp \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3158.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER359C.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER35BD.tmp.txt C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\NonCritical_Corruption_a2a79d47665bc8036efb3f8e779a3d0e9b12e93_00000000_cab_16b63723\memory.hdmp These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\NonCritical_Corruption_a2a79d47665bc8036efb3f8e779a3d0e9b12e93_00000000_cab_16b63723 Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: c3cebeca-fd12-4b9a-8da9-12e9107b64ff Report Status: 100 Hashed bucket:[/quote] Code: 12/16/2017 3:04 AM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket 90721584420, type 5 Event Name: WsearchHealth Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: Corruption P2: 0xc0041801 P3: unknown P4: 0 P5: P6: P7: P8: P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER1B4E.tmp.mdmp \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3158.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER359C.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER35BD.tmp.txt C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\NonCritical_Corruption_a2a79d47665bc8036efb3f8e779a3d0e9b12e93_00000000_cab_16b63723\memory.hdmp These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\NonCritical_Corruption_a2a79d47665bc8036efb3f8e779a3d0e9b12e93_00000000_cab_16b63723 Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: c3cebeca-fd12-4b9a-8da9-12e9107b64ff Report Status: 268435552 Hashed bucket: 8e8a63a10380a528478f978ddd29ea10[/quote]

zbook, Dec 15, 2017
  8. Computer Multiple crashes and reboots at random

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063](c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Another servicing or repair operation is currently running.Wait for this to finish and run sfc again.C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.15063.0Image Version: 10.0.15063.0[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /scanThe type of the file system is NTFS.Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 520704 file records processed.File verification completed. 11130 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 608724 index entries processed.Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Security descriptor verification completed. 44011 data files processed.CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 37667032 USN bytes processed.Usn Journal verification completed.Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.No further action is required. 975316144 KB total disk space. 93591924 KB in 217310 files. 140108 KB in 44012 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 661412 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 880922700 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 243829036 total allocation units on disk. 220230675 allocation units available on disk.C:\WINDOWS\system32>

9. Computer Multiple crashes and reboots at random [​IMG]

Computer Multiple crashes and reboots at random [​IMG]

10. Here is the DM-log-collector report zip file after the whocrashed was completed.

Edit: Windows fast startup is now off, and the indexer is rebuilding.

11. zbook New Member
    1) For startup and recovery > system failure > un-check automatically restart
    2) For windows error reporting > change manual > automatic > start > ok > reboot
    3) Place the computer in clean boot:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows
    How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

Evaluate the computer for 1 - 2 days to see if there is any freezing or spontaneous crashes or crashes with BSOD.

Options include placing the computer in
    b) safe mode (or safe mode with networking or command prompt) > this may also help differentiate software from hardware problems
    c) using windows driver verifier to find misbehaving drivers (there was a failed crash dump)

This is reading material on windows driver verifier (do not start using it until its communicated in the thread)
    Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver. - Microsoft Community
    Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

4) Make a brand new restore point
    5) Back up all files
    6) Make a backup image using Macrium:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
    7) Place the backup image onto another drive or into the cloud
    8) learn the methods to turn off windows driver verifier

zbook, Dec 15, 2017
  12. The thing is though, this is another clean install of Windows that i have done.. About a week or 2 ago the PC was on 1709 with no way to rollback the update.. The Computer was like freezing up so easily and then i reinstalled Windows and this is where i am now. So I don't think its a driver issue as i even updated all the drivers to see if it fixed it before the clean install. I'm officially starting to think this computer is cursed. If it does Freeze up again.. I'm highly thinking of just installing Ubuntu and doing the GRUB bootloader edit for my Mobo to support its USB ports (Gigabyte issue very common) and see if Ubuntu gives me a Kernel Panic any.. Only would really lose a game or 2.

13. zbook New Member

For suspected hardware problems you can perform the following steps:
    1) clean boot > evaluate change
    2) safe mode > evaluate change
    3) use windows drive verifier to fix any misbehaving or unstable drivers (some may need to be reinstalled or rolled back to find stable drivers)
    4) use Ubuntu instead of Windows to evaluate hardware problems with a different operating system
    5) Windows "vanilla type" installation: A clean install is performed, internet is disconnected > the computer is evaluated without windows updates of non-microsoft drivers > windows updates are performed > the computer is evaluated without any applications or drivers from the computer manufactures/motherboard website > drivers are installed one at a time > the computer is evaluated with each driver, etc
    6) if there is freezing with a clean install 'vanilla type" > strip computer hardware to find malfunctioning hardware

Just reviewed the thread again and saw that we had recommended replacing the motherboard without any stress testing.
    The computer never had our tests for CPU, GPU, RAM, Driver, etc.
    FurMark - GPU Stress Test Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials:
    FurMark - GPU Stress Test Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    Aim to test for 1 hour and record the highest temperature and test duration.
    Observe for temperature changes, display artifacts, freezing, etc. and abort testing as needed.
    All of these test should be done with the bios reset and no over clocking.
    For each of the above tests please record maximum temperatures.
    And please make sure that you use the Microsoft snipping tool to post images of each into the thread.
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Choose one of the temperature monitoring software applications: Speecy, HW monitor, Speed fan:

Speccy - Free Download - Piriform: Speccy - System Information - Free
    Speccy - System Information - Free Download

HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID: HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID
    HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer: SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer
    SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    Aim for 3 hours testing and abort as needed for temperature, freezing, etc.
    Record maximum temperatures and duration of testing.
    Please use the Microsoft snipping tool to post images into the thread.
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 passes.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    This may take hours so plan to run it overnight.
    Please make sure you use the Memtest86+ version 5.01 with the link below.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    The testing is done not by time but by passes.
    The more passes the better.
    There are a significant number of false negatives if fewer than 8 passes are made.
    A false negative is a test pass when there is malfunctioning RAM.
    There is 8 GB of RAM on the computer. There are 4 GB on 2 DIMM.
    Memtest86+ version 5.01 testing takes approximately 1 - 2 hours /GB RAM
    Just 1 error is a fail and you can abort testing.
    Then test 1 RAM module at a time in the same DIMM each for 8 or more passes.
    When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more passes use a camera or smart phone camera to take a picture and post an image into the thread.
    Memory problems. - Microsoft Community
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM BSOD Tutorials

It is very unlikely to have any BSOD during memtest86+ version 5.01 testing but it may occur during GPU or CPU testing. For any BSOD please post a new zip into the thread:

zbook, Dec 15, 2017
  14. Already done that before the clean install.. Everything averaged perfectly.. The Memtest showed no errors at all. Prime95 stress test averaged about a temperature of 65c on load, Furmark averaged about the same and no issues.. What's weird but the clean install did fix was before the clean install the PC did a blue screen and then the machine did like a shut off and wouldn't reboot even after holding power button and pressing it again.. Just sat at a black screen.. Resetting the psu (Unplugging it and replugged it) let it boot which let the PC work fine.. Except the same issue where the PC freezes up.

15. zbook New Member
    For all tests please post images into the thread.
    If there are any problems posting images please use one drive or drop box share links.
    The computer has a new motherboard and that will be a useful anchor for the testing.
    All tests will be new post motherboard replacement to evaluate the freezing.
    The testing methods as per the above post #41.
    1) Graphics: Furmark > aim for 1 hour testing
    2) CPU: Prime95 > aim for 3 hours testing
    3) RAM: Memtest86+ version 5.01 > 8 or more passes (run the test overnight)
    4) Drive: HD Tune: Health, benchmark, error scan
    5) If the above don't identify the underlying problem > clean install "vanilla type"

Run HDTune:
    HD Tune website
    to check the health,
    scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    the health,
    the error scan,
    the benchmark incl. following
    transfer rate,
    access time,
    burst rate,
    cpu usage.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer Multiple crashes and reboots at random - Similar Threads - Computer Multiple crashes

2. Computer randomly crashes, forced to manually reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly crashes, forced to manually reboot: I have been having this issue for about a month now. Seemingly randomly, i get this while playing games, browsing the web, switching tabs, etc. my main monitor will turn black, and my system will freeze the rgb on my ram also stops. Sometimes it stutters a couple times when...
  3. Computer randomly crashes, forced to manually reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly crashes, forced to manually reboot: I have been having this issue for about a month now. Seemingly randomly, i get this while playing games, browsing the web, switching tabs, etc. my main monitor will turn black, and my system will freeze the rgb on my ram also stops. Sometimes it stutters a couple times when...
  4. Computer randomly crashes, forced to manually reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer randomly crashes / Reboot from bugcheck with dump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly crashes / Reboot from bugcheck with dump: Hello,I build a new Computer , freshly installed Windows 10 Pro 20H2 I had some problems with my license key, but fixed them, Updated to 21H2. It worked fine for like 2 days. I've been playing alot of Lost Ark and suddenly my Computer started to crash.It started after I...
  6. Computer randomly crashes / Reboot from bugcheck with dump

Computer randomly crashes / Reboot from bugcheck with dump: Hello,I build a new Computer , freshly installed Windows 10 Pro 20H2 I had some problems with my license key, but fixed them, Updated to 21H2. It worked fine for like 2 days. I've been playing alot of Lost Ark and suddenly my Computer started to crash.It started after I...
  7. Computer randomly crashes / Reboot from bugcheck with dump

8. Multiple Problems- Random reboots & Lockups

Multiple Problems- Random reboots & Lockups: INFO:Build- 22000.466 co_releaseLaptop- Thinkpad T14 R7 Pro 4750U, 32GB 3200MT- 3GB GPU dedicated, 1TB M.2 Nvme SSD-SKHynix_HFS001TD9TNI-L2B0BRandom LockupsI'll be doing my work & try to open or switch to something.This something could be anything from Firefox, Foobar2000,...
  9. Computer is randomly rebooting with no BSODs or indication of a crash

Computer is randomly rebooting with no BSODs or indication of a crash: A couple of months ago I started experiencing random reboots without warning, they occur usually 1-2 times a day. There were no BSODs or any indications of a crash such as dump files that I'm aware of. In Event Viewer I get a lot of 6008 and 41 Event IDs for unexpected...
  10. computer reboots randomly

computer reboots randomly: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> +<System> <Provider...