Windows 10: Computer Powered Off Suddenly (Without BSOD)

Discus and support Computer Powered Off Suddenly (Without BSOD) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My computer powered off suddenly without BSOD. I would appreciate any help or advice. Thank you, Kevin 98728 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kz0730, Nov 22, 2017.

1. kz0730 Win User

Computer Powered Off Suddenly (Without BSOD)

Hello,

My computer powered off suddenly without BSOD. I would appreciate any help or advice.

Thank you,
    Kevin

:)

kz0730, Nov 22, 2017

2. Computer Won't Start After BSOD screen error

Hello,

I'm Using Windows 10 And It was Fully updated and running. Yesterday When I Was Browsing The internet using Firefox it suddenly shows me BSOD and the computer turned off. It Didn't restart automatically after error so i have to restart it manually using
    power button. But It Didn't Turned On. The Keyboard, Mouse, And The monitor is not getting any power but all fans are running and the power light on the CPU is on too. Please Help me.

PunitVerma, Nov 22, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Windows 10

If the computer suddenly powers off you have to replace the power supply.

BulldogXX, Nov 22, 2017
  4. kz0730 Win User

@zbook, thank you for your help. steps 1-3 done, will continue to do the rest.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063](c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repairedthem. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Forexample C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently notsupported in offline servicing scenarios.C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.15063.0Image Version: 10.0.15063.0[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.C:\WINDOWS\system32>

kz0730, Nov 22, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    Please repeat the sfc /scannow to see if it no longer finds corruption.

When it has completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

zbook, Nov 22, 2017
  6. kz0730 Win User
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063](c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.C:\WINDOWS\system32>

working on HDTune, will do chkdsk /x /f /r overnight

kz0730, Nov 22, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    zbook, Nov 22, 2017
  8. kz0730 Win User

@zbook, I forgot to mention that I also dropped my laptop off the desk 1 week ago. do you think that this might have caused the sudden shutoff of the laptop today (1st time happening)?

kz0730, Nov 22, 2017
  9. kz0730 Win User
    This is the chkdsk log

Checking file system on C: The type of the file system is NTFS. Volume label is OS. A disk check has been scheduled. Windows will now check the disk. Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 403200 file records processed. File verification completed. 14304 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed. Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 482428 index entries processed. Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found. Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ... Cleaning up 3008 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9. Cleaning up 3008 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9. Cleaning up 3008 unused security descriptors. Security descriptor verification completed. 39615 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 41447240 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed. Stage 4: Looking for bad clusters in user file data ... 403184 files processed. File data verification completed. Stage 5: Looking for bad, free clusters ... 82486308 free clusters processed. Free space verification is complete. Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems. No further action is required. 419138878 KB total disk space. 88538156 KB in 164358 files. 124396 KB in 39616 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 531090 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 329945236 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 104784719 total allocation units on disk. 82486309 allocation units available on disk. Internal Info: 00 27 06 00 ef 1b 03 00 90 1a 06 00 00 00 00 00 .'.............. b0 03 00 00 a9 6c 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 .....l.......... Windows has finished checking your disk. Please wait while your computer restarts.

kz0730, Nov 22, 2017
  10. kz0730 Win User
    Hi zbook,

The problem has returned again 2 weeks later and my laptop powered off suddenly without BSOD. I don't think that it's due to overheating, could it be because that the power supply unit is loose (or any other components are loose in my laptop)? I believe that these 2 shutdowns are somehow hardware related and not software related as I dropped my new laptop 2 weeks ago (didn't happen before). I tried the troubleshooting steps that you provided me the first time. The only error code I got was: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Thank you,
    Kevin

kz0730, Dec 11, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    zbook, Dec 11, 2017
  12. kz0730 Win User
    Results of HD Tune + Updated Zip (ASUS Drivers have been updated, no recent BSODs):

Computer Powered Off Suddenly (Without BSOD) [​IMG]

kz0730, Dec 11, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

Please update the progress with post #2 steps 7 - 10.

Choose one of the temperature monitoring software applications: Speecy, HW monitor, Speed fan:
    Speccy - Free Download - Piriform: Speccy - System Information - Free Download
    HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID: HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID
    SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer: SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

Pending the results of the Memtest86+ version 5.01 testing the plan is to stress test CPU and GPU.

The last BSOD was on 10/13/2017.
    Crashes that occurred after that time were not BSOD.
    10/26; 11/22; 12/11
    That was a spontaneous crash every 20 to 26 days.

zbook, Dec 11, 2017
  14. kz0730 Win User
    Memory test results, steps 8-10 done:

kz0730, Dec 11, 2017
  15. zbook New Member
    1) Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    2) Record maximum temperatures and duration of testing.
    3) Aim for > 3 hours testing
    4) Abort testing as needed per the warnings in the above link
    5) Please use the Microsoft snipping tool to post images into the thread.
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

6) Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    7) Aim for > 1 hour testing
    8) Please make note of the importance of temperature monitoring and aborting the test in the GPU link.
    FurMark - GPU Stress Test Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials:
    FurMark - GPU Stress Test Performance Maintenance Tutorials

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer Powered Off Suddenly (Without BSOD) - Similar Threads - Computer Powered Off

2. Computer restarting weekly in a sudden fashion without BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer restarting weekly in a sudden fashion without BSOD: Requesting help regaring some radom restarts without any BSOD. They happen weekly, and occcur during light tasks web-browsing.Its a brand new ASUS laptop 515UA.Here are the associated events: .csv:...
  3. Computer restarting weekly in a sudden fashion without BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer restarting weekly in a sudden fashion without BSOD: Requesting help regaring some radom restarts without any BSOD. They happen weekly, and occcur during light tasks web-browsing.Its a brand new ASUS laptop 515UA.Here are the associated events: .csv:...
  4. Kernel Power 41-63 Sudden Power OFF and BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel Power 41-63 Sudden Power OFF and BSOD: I have been BSOD or sudden shutdown on my ASUS laptop everyweek. I've tried reinstalled Windows but it doesnt help. It usually happens when i was charging from wall. I have upload the kernel power and minidump It wasnt the lastest one becasuse my computer just sudden shutdown...
  5. Kernel Power 41-63 Sudden Power OFF and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Power 41-63 Sudden Power OFF and BSOD: I have been BSOD or sudden shutdown on my ASUS laptop everyweek. I've tried reinstalled Windows but it doesnt help. It usually happens when i was charging from wall. I have upload the kernel power and minidump It wasnt the lastest one becasuse my computer just sudden shutdown...
  6. Kernel Power 41-63 Sudden Power OFF and BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My computer suddenly restart like power off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer suddenly restart like power off: During using computer it will suddenly power off and restart. This may happend in different situations like gaming watching youtube etc. Here I got many event log only timestamp different, there is an example: <Event...
  8. Sudden Power Off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden Power Off: I was just typing away my project in Words and "locking" appeared on my screen. Instead of locking where I can just simply log back in though, my laptop just shuts itself off. I have been trying to turn it back on but to no avail... Please help. My works are all in there......
  9. Powering computer off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Powering computer off: I never want my computer to shut off. I have the power option set to "never" but after a couple of days the computer wouldn't respond. the power light is on but nothing happens when I push any key. The only way to power it up again is to turn the power button off and then...
  10. Computer Powered Off Suddenly (Without BSOD)

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Powered Off Suddenly (Without BSOD): Hello, My computer powered off suddenly without BSOD. I would appreciate any help or advice. Thank you, Kevin 98729