Windows 10: Computer randomly crashing

Discus and support Computer randomly crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So The pc is randomly crashing after doing the fall update . Reinstalled windows ver 1703 and still get random crashes. I used Bluescreenview but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shhmackd, Nov 3, 2017.

1. shhmackd Win User

Computer randomly crashing

So The pc is randomly crashing after doing the fall update . Reinstalled windows ver 1703 and still get random crashes. I used Bluescreenview but it doesn't tell me what hardware if any is crashing me. Any help would be great.

:)

shhmackd, Nov 3, 2017

2. Computer crashes randomly

My PC will randomly crash. Sometimes it will say that nvida driver stopped working and recovered other times it just crashes and I have to manually close and shut down and restart. Most recently my keyboard gets stuck or types something other than what
    I want and my mouse wont always work. I recently installed windows 10 and it seems to have gotten worse. I have run every scan and looked at everything I can think of to figure out the problem and haven't found not one thing wrong...HELP Please!! Oh and
    also after the crash that turns it all blank and I have to restart.....it looses my display settings and everything is super huge and I have to reset it. 2 days ago while doing the reset I realized it said I have a Microsoft keyboard and mouse....which is
    wrong...so I reinstalled them and continue having the same issues.

YvonneScott423, Nov 3, 2017
  3. Computer crashes randomly

So in the past few weeks i have been having difficulties with my ASUS laptop running windows 10. I will be happily working along then all of a sudden the whole system crashes. (the computer shuts itself down instantly) Then when i restart it is wanting to
    do a disk scan.

This happens multiple times one day then i will be fine for a few days. Sometimes it happens as the computer is starting others right when it has started sometimes when i load a webpage, etc.

Does this sound like a bug in the operating system or a problem with the computer?

I have only had the computer since feburary 2017.

Moved fromComputer randomly crashing :(Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers)

nelson0511, Nov 3, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

Computer randomly crashing [​IMG]

axe0, Nov 3, 2017
  5. shhmackd Win User
    Fixed The system specs.

shhmackd, Nov 3, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Do you always get a 0x124 (WHEA_UNCORRRECTABLE_ERROR)?

Indeed, hardware can cause the system to behave mysteriously, the files Windows creates after a crash may, as a result, contain data that points to something entirely different. Bluescreenviewer, WhoCrashed and other tools cannot identify hardware problems, only software problems.

axe0, Nov 4, 2017
  7. shhmackd Win User
    Yea the only error a get 0x124. What's weird is that sometimes it last hours without crashing and sometimes not even 5mins.

shhmackd, Nov 4, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

STOP 0x124 Troubleshooting
    Read carefully before proceeding.

*Arrow Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums & CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest - Windows 7 Help Forums

*Arrow Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

*Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

*Arrow Run SeaTools DOS to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run the long test.
    *Arrow Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Use option TWO with parameter /r
    Upload the chkdsk log *Arrow Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

FOUR
    GPU TEST
    *Arrow Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.
    Make a photo of the result and post it.

In Furmark you can find a tool called 'GPU-Z' (if you want to install GPU-Z is up to you), when GPU-Z is open click on the 'Sensors' tab, on this tab you can monitor
    • the frequency of the GPU,
    • the GPU memory clock,
    • the temperature,
    • the power,
    • the load on the GPU,
    • Etc.
    I would like you to make a screenshot of GPU-Z after you have either cancelled Furmark for any reason or Furmark is finished, post this screenshot in your next reply with the result of Furmark.

axe0, Nov 4, 2017
  9. shhmackd Win User
    Well thanks for the help. The problem was my Corsair H100i v2 it was fault and was causing my Crashes.

shhmackd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer randomly crashing - Similar Threads - Computer randomly crashing

2. Computer crashes randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes randomly.: Hi,I keep having my system crash. Sometimes I get a blue screen and sometimes my mouse cursor just freezes. When that happens I am forced to turn the system off by holding down the power button. I have run a memory tester to make sure I don't have a faulty ram stick and I...
  3. Computer crashes randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes randomly.: Hi,I keep having my system crash. Sometimes I get a blue screen and sometimes my mouse cursor just freezes. When that happens I am forced to turn the system off by holding down the power button. I have run a memory tester to make sure I don't have a faulty ram stick and I...
  4. Computer crashes randomly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random Computer Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Computer Crashes: Help ive done everything i can think of to stop my computer from crashing and it just continues. It doesnt matter if im playing a game or not my screen will freeze and the whole system becomes unresponsive and sometimes the monitors will turn off and the sound will bug out...
  6. Random Computer Crashes

Random Computer Crashes: Help ive done everything i can think of to stop my computer from crashing and it just continues. It doesnt matter if im playing a game or not my screen will freeze and the whole system becomes unresponsive and sometimes the monitors will turn off and the sound will bug out...
  7. Random Computer Crashes

8. Computer randomly crashing

Computer randomly crashing: Hello!I'm having trouble with my computer randomly shutting down. I'll start up the system and half the time there will be no issue at all. The other half, I'll see large spikes in data and disk usage, slowing performance to a crawl. At this point, the only thing I can do is...
  9. computer crashing randomly

computer crashing randomly: my computer has been consistenly crashing a couple times a week, at night. The only event log before the crash is a 10016:The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  10. Random computer crashes

Random computer crashes: My windows 10 pc will crash spontaneously, the computer switching off, while running programs, most frequently triggered by high performance games. Hardware has been recently checked by a professional and no issues were found, and it is not caused by overheating. I can turn...