Windows 10: Confusing problem with Administrator's ID & PSW on new machine

Discus and support Confusing problem with Administrator's ID & PSW on new machine in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm setting up my wifes new Dell with Windows 10 Pro. I installed all her stuff and just discovered that I'm the only user (and administrator) on the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by rprescot, Dec 2, 2016.

1. rprescot Win User

Confusing problem with Administrator's ID & PSW on new machine

I'm setting up my wifes new Dell with Windows 10 Pro. I installed all her stuff and just discovered that I'm the only user (and administrator) on the machine. I think I must have logged onto my Windows account at some point and the machine configured itself with my Windows profile. The Dell is listed as a device in my Windows account.

I need to change this. I want my wife to be the only user on the machine and have it show up as a device in her Windows account, not mine.

She and I have independent Windows accounts although I'm sharing a 365 subscription with her.

I added her as an administrator to the machine using the "control userpasswords2" command and this worked but (duh) didn't link up with the desktop I set up for her, etc.

Can anyone help us with this?

:)

rprescot, Dec 2, 2016

2. add a network location windows 10

as ftp connection I indicate

ARUBA@ftp+r1-it.storage.cloud.it

or

ftp-r1-it.storage.cloud.it

or

ftp://ftp-r1-it.storage.cloud.it

the latter works as a site and asks ID and PSW

bur no way to use such address for adding a new network location!

thanks if you can help.

Erich Weisz, Dec 2, 2016
  3. (enhancement] automaticaly connecting to wifi with id and psw ?

i uses wifi hotspots network from my isp

this network covers whoel France

only registered user to my isp may use these hotspots

to access to internet via these hotspots you only need to supply an id an a psw via a https protocol

i launch the nokia explorer

then

i ask to go to an url

then

it asks me if i want to open a secured connexion

then

i answer yes

then

my url is changed to FreeWifi<my url>

a home page is displayed. this is a template.

i supply my id and password

then

i have a new page saying "authentication successful"

then

i stay on this page

i am not directed to my url

it would be a good thing :

- the explorer is compliant with this kind of access

- the explorer execute all process automaticaly

because my id and psw are recorded

but fields of template are not filled automaticaly

npromeneur, Dec 2, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

You can switch your account to a local account. There's a Tutorial here...

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Once she has the machine to herself, she can switch to a Microsoft account.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Bree, Dec 2, 2016
  5. rprescot Win User
    After adding her as a local account I was able to delete my Microsoft user ID. Then I deleted the Dell from Devices in my Microsoft account. All done.

rprescot, Dec 2, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    Glad you got it sorted.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Confusing problem with Administrator's ID & PSW on new machine - Similar Threads - Confusing problem Administrator's

2. Machine ID changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Machine ID changing: I’ve talked back and forth to Dell because certain cumulative updates from Microsoft are causing my machine ID to change and then bitlocker would lock me out. I completely reinstalled windows 11 home because it shouldn’t have bitlocker and it’s till there. My biggest concern...
  3. Machine ID changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Machine ID changing: I’ve talked back and forth to Dell because certain cumulative updates from Microsoft are causing my machine ID to change and then bitlocker would lock me out. I completely reinstalled windows 11 home because it shouldn’t have bitlocker and it’s till there. My biggest concern...
  4. Many BSOD problems on new machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many BSOD problems on new machine: Hi, I just bought new dell xps 7590 and first what I have done is RAM upgrade. Ive upgraed from 2x4 gb to 2x8gb Almost from the beggining Im getting BSOD everyday few times. Run dell diagnostics memtest - without problems but I still though that maybe this ram is...
  5. Contact the License Administrator for a new Activation ID.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Contact the License Administrator for a new Activation ID.: Contact *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-the-license-administrator-for-a-new/190f27be-1456-4715-ba7d-934b9aa2981f
  6. Monitor IDs/Numbers Confusion

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor IDs/Numbers Confusion: I have a Gigabyte Laptop with Intel HD Graphics. In addition to the built in display I have a TV attached via HDMI and a Dell U2913WM via VGA port. The Intel Graphics Properties Setting allows me to specify which is the primary display and this is set to Number 1. I have set...
  7. I'm confused about "Administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm confused about "Administrator": When I got my new laptop with Win 10, I took my Local account as an Administrator. I thought it gave me full rights to do everything. However, every so often, a pop-up tells me i need to be an Administrator. And I must bypass it by pressing Enter, or something like that. (...
  8. Built-In Administrator Account Confusion

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Built-In Administrator Account Confusion: I run lusrmgr.msc > Users. On each account shown there, I right-click > Properties. This tells me that, aside from DefaultAccount, Guest, and HomeGroupUser$, I have an Administrator account that is built-in and disabled, and an account named Ray (my name) that is a member of...
  9. administrator ID

administrator ID: I am changing my email provider, how do I change it on my administrator ID. Or once I delete my currant provider account will I still be able to sign on to my computer with a deleted email?*Confused 39687
  10. No Administrator ID

No Administrator ID: My friend Frank recently migrated from Windows 8 to Windows 10. In the process he ended up having to login via a Microsoft Account. But he was having weird problems, so as an experiment I converted him to a local account, cunningly named "Frank". ID Frank has...