Windows 10: Connect Xbox Live Account to Cortana in Windows 10

Discus and support Connect Xbox Live Account to Cortana in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Connect Xbox Live Account to Cortana in Windows 10 [img] Information Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Connect Xbox Live Account to Cortana in Windows 10

How to: Connect Xbox Live Account to Cortana in Windows 10

Connect Xbox Live Account to Cortana in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and the version of Cortana you’re using, Cortana can provide a range of features, some of which are personalized. Cortana on Windows is available in certain regions and languages. If Cortana isn’t available for your Windows device, you can still search for files on your device in the search box on the taskbar. Cortana is also available on other platforms, such as Android and iOS, in select markets.

Cortana works best when you sign in and let her use data from your device, other Microsoft services, and third-party services you choose to connect. To provide you with personalized experiences, Cortana learns from certain data about you, such as your searches, calendar, contacts, and location. You’re in control of how much data you share. If you choose not to sign into Cortana on Windows, you can still chat with Cortana and use her to help you search the web, documents stored in Microsoft services like OneDrive, and your Windows device. See the section about Windows Search in the Privacy Statement for more information. If you don’t sign in, or you choose to sign out, your experiences will be more limited and they won’t be personalized with your Cortana data. On iOS and Android devices, Cortana only works when you sign in.

Cortana can provide you more value when your accounts and services are connected.

By connecting Xbox Live to Cortana, you enable Cortana to access and use information stored on Xbox Live services and perform actions on your behalf in Xbox Live. With this capability, Cortana will be able to help you stay up to date, see and update your Xbox Live information, get insights about your gaming activity as well as provide you with relevant content, updates opportunities and offers as well as notifying you of your friends availability to play and scheduling game sessions per your request.

This tutorial will show you how to connect or disconnect your Xbox Live account from Cortana for your account in Windows 10.

Note You will need to be signed in to Cortana with your Microsoft account to be able to manage Connected Services in Cortana.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Connect Xbox Live Account to Cortana in Cortana Settings
    • Option Two: To Disconnect Xbox Live Account from Cortana in Cortana Settings
    • Option Three: To Disconnect Xbox Live Account from Cortana in Online Microsoft Account Settings

OPTION ONE [/i] To Connect Xbox Live Account to Cortana in Cortana Settings
    1. Click/tap in the Cortana icon on the taskbar, click/tap on the Notebook
    icon, and click/tap on Connected Services. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on Add a service. (see screenshot below)

Note If Xbox Live shows as on, then it's already connected to Cortana.

3. Click/tap on Xbox Live if off. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Connect. (see screenshot below)

5. Enter your Microsoft account email address, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

5. Enter the password for your Microsoft account, check the Keep me signed in box, and click/tap on Sign in. (see screenshot below)

Note Don't check the Keep me signed in box if this is not your PC or a public PC.

6. Select (dot) how you would like to get your security code to verify your identity, and click/tap on Send code. (see screenshot below)

6. Enter the security code you received, check the I sign in frequently on this device. Don't ask me for a code. box, and click/tap on Submit. (see screenshot below)

Note Don't check the I sign in frequently on this device. Don't ask me for a code. box if this is not your PC or a public PC.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Disconnect Xbox Live Account from Cortana in Cortana Settings
    1. Click/tap in the Cortana icon on the taskbar, click/tap on the Notebook
    icon, and click/tap on Connected Services. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on Xbox Live if on. (see screenshot below)

Note If Xbox Live shows as off or not listed, then it's not connected to Cortana.

3. Click/tap on Disconnect. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Disconnect Xbox Live Account from Cortana in Online Microsoft Account Settings
    1. Go to your Apps and services settings online at Microsoft for your Microsoft account, and sign in if not already.

2. Click/tap on Cortana. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Remove these permissions for your Xbox Live account. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 1, 2017
  2. AnonyDan Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition not connecting to my XBOX Live account.

I've already looked up my problem and found a list of reasons why my Windows 10 Edition of Minecraft on the PC wasn't connecting to my XBOX Live account. I found out that my purchase of the game wasn't through my Microsoft account, which was one of the
    reasons for me not connecting to XBOX Live was. Whenever I click sign into XBOX Live in Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, it comes up with a little gray box for about 2-3 seconds and then cuts out and does nothing. It says something about a making a free XBOX
    Live account, so I don't understand why I'd have even needed to purchase it through my PC's Microsoft account. That's strange.

AnonyDan, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Connect Xbox Live Account to Cortana in Windows 10

Unable to connect to Xbox live account.

Hi Dunemist,

I appreciate your efforts.

It could be due to incorrect password or network connectivity or missing updates issue.

• What error did you get when you tried troubleshooter?
    • Which troubleshooter did you run?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps.

Microsoft Jigsaw:

Games : Top Issues

Sign-in problems with in-game accounts on Windows 10:

Problems With In-Game Accounts on Windows 10

For reference:

Troubleshoot gameplay issues on Windows 10:-

Gameplay Issues on Windows 10

If the issue persists, you need to check with the Xbox support.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/my-account

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Ariel Acu Win User
    Combining Windows 10 account with my Xbox Live account.

Hi Strahd_III,

Normally, the Xbox app will sign in the email account associated with your Windows 10 computer. This also applies to other apps on your computer. Currently, we don't have a way to merge the account associated with your Windows 10 to your old Xbox Live account
    because both are registered as different Microsoft accounts. However, you can add your old Xbox Live account on the Xbox app so that you can use it to play games. To do that, you need to sign out first the account associated with your Xbox app by performing
    the following steps below:

1. On the Xbox app, click the gamer profile.
    2. Under Info tab, click +More.
    3. Select Sign out.
    4. Once you signed out, click Sign in.
    5. Click Next.
    6. On the pop-up window, select Use a different account, then click
      Continue.
    7. From there, enter your old Xbox Live account.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Oct 26, 2019
  6. malware Win User
    Instant Messaging with Windows Live Messenger Comes to Xbox 360

Microsoft Corp. today announced the launch of Windows Live Messenger on Xbox 360, connecting friends across Xbox 360 consoles, Microsoft Windows-based PCs and Windows Mobile-powered devices. With this update to Xbox 360, friends and families can easily connect and chat directly from their television using Windows Live Messenger, a network of more than 20 billion relationships and more than 260 million active accounts.

Beginning the week of May 7, 2007, the Xbox 360 Spring Update will provide Xbox 360 owners worldwide with access to Windows Live Messenger features, broadening the communication options on the Xbox LIVE social network. Members of the 6 million-strong Xbox LIVE community currently send more than 2 million text and voice messages a day and can now use Windows Live Messenger to text chat with up to six people on their contact list at one time, while playing games, listening to music or watching movies. Text chat adds to the variety of options friends and families already have to communicate with on Xbox LIVE, including voice and video chat.

Current relationships on Windows Live Messenger and Xbox LIVE will be unified on Xbox 360 and users will see at a glance if their existing friends on Windows Live Messenger have gamertags, instantly expanding the breadth of connected experiences they can share online.

“Bringing the largest IM community in the world, Windows Live Messenger, to Xbox 360 makes sense, as Xbox LIVE has really become the largest social network on television,” said Jerry Johnson, product unit manager of Xbox LIVE at Microsoft. “For our growing community of 6 million on Xbox LIVE, using Xbox 360 is a very social, connected experience. They are using Xbox 360 to play games, music and movies while simultaneously communicating with one another through video, voice and text chat. With this announcement we are simultaneously expanding the access of Xbox LIVE users to existing friends and family while introducing Windows Live Messenger users to the benefits of Xbox 360.”

Beginning the week of May 7, users of Windows Live Messenger on Xbox 360 will text chat using the virtual keyboard accessible on Xbox 360, or by connecting a USB keyboard to the console. This summer Microsoft will launch a QWERTY text-input device, a new accessory that will connect directly into the Xbox 360 controller to support text and instant messaging.

Beyond Windows Live Messenger, the Spring Update for Xbox 360 includes hundreds of new features and enhancements including the following:
    • A richer Achievement notification pop-up will showcase the name of the unlocked Achievement and the gamerscore value without needing to leave the game to check the Achievements list.
    • Enhanced family settings features for Xbox LIVE communications enable different defaults for video chat and voice chat.
    • A new Xbox LIVE Marketplace blade lets Xbox LIVE members access the content they seek — whether it is game content or TV shows and movies (available in the United States) — from one place on Xbox LIVE.
    • Updates to Xbox LIVE Arcade allow owners to quickly see which Xbox LIVE Arcade games their friends are playing and join in the fun. Xbox LIVE members can also compare progress of leaderboard scores and Achievements directly with all friends on their friends list. Expanded Tell a Friend capabilities make it easier than ever to boast about Achievements and high scores.
    • A new option in Auto Downloads provides faster access to the entire collection of free, trial-version Xbox LIVE Arcade games.
    • New progressive download controls provide easy access to optimal viewing options by letting people fast-forward, rewind, pause and resume as their video is downloaded from Xbox LIVE Marketplace.
    • Extension of the background download functionality will allow owners to set their Xbox 360 console to turn off automatically after downloads are complete.
    The Spring Update is free beginning the week of May 7 and is easily accessible to every Xbox 360 owner through Xbox LIVE or on Xbox.com.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Connect Xbox Live Account to Cortana in Windows 10

1. Connect Xbox Live Account to Cortana in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Connect Xbox Live

2. Connect to Xbox 360 live

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to Xbox 360 live: How do I connect Xbox 360 to windows media centers using my Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-to-xbox-360-live/00b2e00d-c5b3-49af-9685-29adcd6227da
  3. Connect to Xbox 360 live

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect to Xbox 360 live: How do I connect Xbox 360 to windows media centers using my Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-to-xbox-360-live/00b2e00d-c5b3-49af-9685-29adcd6227da
  4. Connect to Xbox 360 live

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. xbox live multiplayer server connectivity blocked on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    xbox live multiplayer server connectivity blocked on windows 10: my xbox live server connectivity is blocked on windows 10 i have done everything reccomended i think its because i dont have windows 10 active can anyone confirm this?...
  6. Minecraft Windows 10: Xbox Live connected and not connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10: Xbox Live connected and not connected.: Dear anyone reading this, As of recent, I've had the issue of not being able to do certain Xbox Live related activities on Minecraft Win10. They are as follows: Unable to join servers. [ATTACH] Realms. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Extra info: I am currently not signed in...
  7. Xbox Live Account Creation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Live Account Creation: I'm not really familiar with all the Microsoft and Xbox accounts and how they link together but I've been looking at the Xbox Game Pass for $1 that they've had up recently and went to check it out. I signed into my Microsoft account but then it told me I needed an Xbox live...
  8. minecraft windows 10 edition xbox live account

minecraft windows 10 edition xbox live account: I bought minecraft windows 10 edition but I can not log into my xbox live account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-windows-10-edition-xbox-live-account/fb2f925f-b874-4b78-9ed5-5232eb874a6e"
  9. Unable to connect to Xbox Live on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

Unable to connect to Xbox Live on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: I purchased Minecraft W10 Edition recently and it seems I have to sign into Xbox Live in order to play any sort of online, so obviously I do, but when I click it takes a ridiculous amount of time for it to load, but when it “finishes” it shows the Xbox logo and “please...
  10. Connect Cortana to Gmail Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Connect Cortana to Gmail Account in Windows 10: How to: Connect Cortana to Gmail Account in Windows 10 How to Connect or Disconnect Cortana to Gmail Account in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your...