Windows 10: Connect Cortana to Gmail Account in Windows 10

Discus and support Connect Cortana to Gmail Account in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Connect Cortana to Gmail Account in Windows 10 How to Connect or Disconnect Cortana to Gmail Account in Windows 10 Cortana is your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Connect Cortana to Gmail Account in Windows 10

How to: Connect Cortana to Gmail Account in Windows 10

How to Connect or Disconnect Cortana to Gmail Account in Windows 10

Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and the version of Cortana youre using, Cortana can provide a range of features, some of which are personalized. Cortana on Windows is available in certain regions and languages. If Cortana isnt available for your Windows device, you can still search for files on your device in the search box on the taskbar. Cortana is also available on other platforms, such as Android and iOS, in select markets.

Cortana works best when you sign in and let her use data from your device, other Microsoft services, and third-party services you choose to connect. To provide you with personalized experiences, Cortana learns from certain data about you, such as your searches, calendar, contacts, and location. Youre in control of how much data you share. If you choose not to sign into Cortana on Windows, you can still chat with Cortana and use her to help you search the web, documents stored in Microsoft services like OneDrive, and your Windows device. See the section about Windows Search in the Privacy Statement for more information. If you dont sign in, or you choose to sign out, your experiences will be more limited and they wont be personalized with your Cortana data. On iOS and Android devices, Cortana only works when you sign in.

Cortana can provide you more value and personalized experiences when your accounts and services are connected.

Microsoft has added the ability to connect your Gmail account from Google to Cortana. Like with other connected services, connecting your Gmail account will allow you to use Cortana to access information like your contacts, calendar details, and email content from Gmail to give you personalized experiences and relevant suggestions in Microsoft products that offer Cortana experiences.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to connect or disconnect your Google Gmail account as an added service to Cortana for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] Connect Gmail Account to Cortana
    1. Click/tap on the Cortana icon on the taskbar, click/tap on the Notebook icon
    Connect Cortana to Gmail Account in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    , click/tap on Manage Skills, and click/tap on Connected services under "Connections". (see screenshot below)

*note You can also go to Settings > Cortana > Permissions, and click/tap on the Manage the information Cortana can access from other services to open Connected services.

2. Click/tap on the turned off Gmail service. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Connect. (see screenshot below)

4. Enter the email address of the Google account you want to connect to Cortana, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

5. Enter the password of the Google account you want to connect to Cortana, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

6. Click/tap on Allow to approve connecting to Cortana. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Disconnect Gmail Account from Cortana
    1. Click/tap on the Cortana icon on the taskbar, click/tap on the Notebook icon
    , click/tap on Manage Skills, and click/tap on Connected services under "Connections". (see screenshot below)

*note You can also go to Settings > Cortana > Permissions, and click/tap on the Manage the information Cortana can access from other services to open Connected services.

2. Click/tap on the added (turned on) Gmail service. (see screenshot below)

3. Check or uncheck (default) Clear my Gmail data from Microsoft apps and services when I disconnect Gmail from Cortana for what you want, and click/tap on Disconnect. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 21, 2017
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Connecting Cortana to Gmail - won't pop up authentication dialog

Hi WLagrue,

Are you able to connect Gmail to Cortana before? If yes, you may disconnect your Gmail account to Cortana and re-connect it back after restarting your device. Here are the steps:

Go to Cortana icon > Notebook icon
    > Manage Skills > Accounts > Add a service
    > Gmail > Disconnect
    . To re-connect, go to Cortana icon > Notebook icon
    >
    Manage Skills > Accounts > Add a service > Gmail > Connect > Enter e-mail address > Next > Enter
    Password > Next > Allow

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Justine Pel, Oct 26, 2019
  4. WLagrue Win User

Connecting Cortana to Gmail - won't pop up authentication dialog

Hi,

No I haven't had it connected before. When I click 'Connect', nothing happens - no window to authenticate or anything happens.

WLagrue, Oct 26, 2019
  5. tcman50 Win User
    How to connect gmail to outlook in windows 10?

I have been working for hours to try and figure out how to link my gmail account to outlook in windows 10, everything looks correct, username, password, 2 step verification turned off on gmails end, pop mail enabled on gmails end and yet all I get time after time is incorrect login and password identification.

Even weirder, is on on occasion it will actually connect the gmail account to outlook in windows 10 but I can only send messages from gmail and not receive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TC

tcman50, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Connecting Cortana to Gmail - won't pop up authentication dialog

Thank you for the information.

Is your Gmail account connected to the Mail app? If not, then I recommend performing a
    clean boot and starting your device on
    safe mode. It will Start Windows with minimal set of drivers and startup programs to avoid conflict with any
    third-party app that can affect the synchronization of Gmail to Cortana.

Also, since you wanted to connect Gmail mainly because of calendar access, then you might want to consider syncing your Google calendar in Windows 10 device. To do that, here are the steps:

1. Launch Calendar app.
    2. Settings (gear icon) > Manage Accounts > Add Account.
    3. Select Google when Add an account appears on the screen.
    4. Follow the on-screen guide and steps.

Note: Even though Mail and Calendar apps appear to be separate, they are pretty well tied together. So, your Gmail messages and contacts are going to sync to the Windows Mail app, too.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Justine Pel, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Connect Cortana to Gmail Account in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Connect Cortana Gmail

2. Cannot connect gmail to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect gmail to windows 10: I cannot connect gmail to windows 10. I've viewed youtube videos and several "help" sequences. Nothing works. Help please. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-gmail-to-windows-10/c5a543a9-7ade-4c98-bb4b-be3542703713
  3. Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account: Currently I set up my gmail account to "store and forward" to my internet provider, which is connect to my Outlook 2016 via POP3. I am now setting up Outlook 2019 and want to connect to gmail directly. 1. Will my gmail account continue to work as before, i.e. incoming mails...
  4. Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account: Currently I set up my gmail account to "store and forward" to my internet provider, which is connect to my Outlook 2016 via POP3. I am now setting up Outlook 2019 and want to connect to gmail directly. 1. Will my gmail account continue to work as before, i.e. incoming mails...
  5. Linking Gmail to Cortana

in Cortana
    Linking Gmail to Cortana: I had wanted to link my Gmail to Cortana. At first it made me sign in and other formalities and after everything it showed a dialog showing the terms and conditions. After I clicked agree it was thinking and then continued to show me the same dialog. Somehow, I could scroll....
  6. Cortana and Gmail

in Cortana
    Cortana and Gmail: I can not sync Cortana with Gmail. When I hit the button to allow "Microsoft apps and Services to access my google Account" It asks me to agree to sharing my information. the agree button does not work. It's a faint blue . What I call greyed out. Will not click....
  7. Cortana not allowing Gmail to be synced

in Cortana
    Cortana not allowing Gmail to be synced: When trying to sync my gmail calender with cortana it takes me through all the verification steps which work, then on the very last screen inside the cortana box where is asks to "allow" or "cancel" clicking allow doesn't work. It just states the same issue. My computer is...
  8. Cortana won't connect with Gmail Account

in Cortana
    Cortana won't connect with Gmail Account: Hello, Cortana won't connect to my Gmail account once I try it. At the very last step when it comes to agreeing to terms and conditions of Cortana having access to my personal data, somehow the system does not accept the "agree" button. So I have to close the...
  9. Can't connect Gmail to Cortana

in Cortana
    Can't connect Gmail to Cortana: Hello, I am unable to connect Cortana to my gmail account. I know how to do it, but when I get to the last step, "accept," nothing happens - it won't allow me to accept. Help is appreciated. Moved from: Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Office 2016...
  10. Connect Xbox Live Account to Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Connect Xbox Live Account to Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Connect Xbox Live Account to Cortana in Windows 10 [img] Information Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and the version of Cortana you’re using,...