Windows 10: Control panel loads and then closes within 5 seconds.

Discus and support Control panel loads and then closes within 5 seconds. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Win 10 upgraded to Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4022405) and now I can't load and use control panel. Did they do away with it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shadow42, Jun 20, 2017.

1. shadow42 Win User

Control panel loads and then closes within 5 seconds.

My Win 10 upgraded to Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4022405) and now I can't load and use control panel. Did they do away with it, and if so why? Is there a fix? I have a HP ENVY with Intel i7 and Nvidia Geforce and 16 G mem.

:)

shadow42, Jun 20, 2017

2. Mail opens, then closes after 5 seconds

However instead of getting this version of mail,

Control panel loads and then closes within 5 seconds. [​IMG]

I get this one.

Control panel loads and then closes within 5 seconds. [​IMG]

DavidBerenfeld, Jun 20, 2017
  3. Mail opens, then closes after 5 seconds

No I see those numbers.

DavidBerenfeld, Jun 20, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, the title seems to be different to your text: the title suggests you can access the Control Panel, but it closes immediately.

However, the text suggests you can't find it- if so:

This has been asked in numerous places on the internet - MS's policy is slowly to move everything to Settings and deprecate the old Control Panel.

Assuming you are try to launch the Control Panel via Windows key + X and haven't tried any other way, please see
    After Creators Update - control panel link missing - Microsoft Community

If your problem is different to what I am assuming given the limited information, please post back.

From the Tutorial section (which you are free to browse and search) I have found these for you:
    Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
    Open Control Panel in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
    Add or Remove Control Panel from This PC in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Note that if you use the Classic Shell start menu (free) such issues become non-issues.

dalchina, Jun 20, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    Please run some commands to check the integrity of the operating system/registry/drive/and user:

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) chkdsk /scan
    5) net user test /add
    6) control panel
    When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

Did the control panel open and remain open from using the administrative command prompt command control panel or was the behavior the same?

6) shutdown /r
    When the computer reboots log on using the new user named test.

What changes if any are there in opening and using the control panel?

Maybe there is a tiny chance that this could have become by fluke a permission issue?

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

runas /user administrator control

It will ask for a password.
    See if this had turned into a permission issue.

zbook, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Control panel loads and then closes within 5 seconds. - Similar Threads - Control panel loads

2. my google chrome opens and then closes within 5 seconds. Please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my google chrome opens and then closes within 5 seconds. Please help.: my google chrome opens and then closes within 5 seconds. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-google-chrome-opens-and-then-closes-within-5/b48b6d85-8e55-4a52-be6b-9d555f8c6003
  3. my google chrome opens and then closes within 5 seconds. Please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my google chrome opens and then closes within 5 seconds. Please help.: my google chrome opens and then closes within 5 seconds. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-google-chrome-opens-and-then-closes-within-5/b48b6d85-8e55-4a52-be6b-9d555f8c6003
  4. control panel not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    control panel not loading: Hi when I opened Control Panel suddenly it won't load for some reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-not-loading/da1a4078-533a-44f6-8b39-e253d33c9a83
  5. control panel not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    control panel not loading: Hi when I opened Control Panel suddenly it won't load for some reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-not-loading/da1a4078-533a-44f6-8b39-e253d33c9a83
  6. control panel not loading

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. NVDIA control panel closes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NVDIA control panel closes: NVIDIA GEFORCE 840M control panel closes automatically Kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvdia-control-panel-closes/7f7036c3-3236-49fd-947d-10bbb5f6b875
  8. Outlook Closes within 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook Closes within 10 seconds: Outlook opens,,, receives few mail items and then closes automatically without any error msg. This appeared to happen after a windows 10 update which happened yesterday or today (not sure). I ran office repair (simple option), ran outlook in safe mode... ,,, cold booted......
  9. Windows Explorer closes less than 5 seconds after opening and Control Panel is casuing crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer closes less than 5 seconds after opening and Control Panel is casuing crashes: I have tried all troubleshooting I can, but cannot find the issue. I have run ativirus scans, contacting support, and even resetting the laptop. If ANYONE can help me, I would appreciate it....
  10. Control panel starts up but shuts down within a few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Control panel starts up but shuts down within a few seconds: This is my son’s Windows 10 computer: HP ProBook 6560b Win10 Pro (x64) laptop It updated to CU Version 1703 (build 15063.413) today 6/30/17 It was on Version 1607 (OS build 14393.1198) and ran excellently. However on the CU Version 1703 (build 15063.413), the control panel...