Windows 10: Control Panel

Discus and support Control Panel in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Where did the Control panel option do? I had an update today and I use to be able to right click the start menu to get to the control panel and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dave1776, May 13, 2017.

1. Dave1776 Win User

Control Panel

Hi

Where did the Control panel option do? I had an update today and I use to be able to right click the start menu to get to the control panel and I just went to access the CP to turn something off and the CP option is missing from the right click menu on the start button.

I can access the CP from within the start menu but it is no longer an option in the right click on start menu pop up menu items

Where has it gone?

Dave

:)

Dave1776, May 13, 2017
  2. Rohn007 Win User

control panel

Is it a "desktop" application or a Window Store app?

Find it in the Start menu and right click on the tile/icon. Some include an Uninstall Option.

Otherwise:SIX WAYS TO REMOVE OR UNINSTALL WINDOWS PROGRAMS AND APPS

http://www.7tutorials.com/six-ways-removeuninst...

1. Uninstall Programs from the Control Panel

2. Uninstall Programs Using their Uninstall Shortcuts

3. Uninstall Programs Using their Uninstall.exe

4. Uninstall Programs Using Their Setup MSI File

5. Uninstall Windows 8 Apps & Desktop Applications from the Start screen

6. Use a Specialized Software Uninstaller

COMPLETELY UNINSTALL / REMOVE A SOFTWARE PROGRAM IN WINDOWS WITH MANUAL DELETE STEPS – WITHOUT USING 3RD PARTY TOOL

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-completely-uninstal...

TRY A 3RD PARTY FREEWARE TOOL LIKE REVO UNINSTALLER

http://www.worldstart.com/revo-uninstaller/print/

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller...

2015 12 18- 16 FREE UNINSTALLER PROGRAMS

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/software-tools/tp...

Rohn007, May 13, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    control panel

I think you may find that in your Startup items:

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See if WinZip Driver Updater is listed there

If it is, select it and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list see if WinZip Driver Updater is listed, uncheck it you find it

Click Apply and OK

Restart your System and this annoyance will be gone . . .

DaveM121, May 13, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Control Panel

Brink, May 13, 2017
  5. You can also type "control" in the task bar search field and it will take you straight to the Control Panel too...just another option.

play2mefish, May 13, 2017
  6. AddRAM Win User
    You can also put the CP icon on the taskbar.

AddRAM, May 13, 2017
  7. Dave1776 Win User
    I know all the other ways I wanted it where I am use to accessing it reasomn I asked as the update removed it from where I wanted it.

Now I do have it back but every time I click it it now asks me if I want to open this. There was a check box about showing this warning every time so I unchecked it now I get this pop up every time but even the check box is gone now. Any way to stop this warning pop up as this was never there before the update

Dave1776, May 13, 2017
  8. Fafhrd Win User

Control Panel

Fafhrd, May 13, 2017
  9. Dave1776 Win User
    I didn't ask that as I don't want more things cluttering up my desktop or tool bar.

Dave1776, May 13, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It sounds like you may have missed doing step 3 below.

Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

If you like, remove the current shortcut, and start over to see if will work properly afterwards.

Brink, May 13, 2017
  11. AddRAM Win User
    I personally thought it was a ridiculous change in the Creator`s Update, why would they remove the Control Panel option from the start menu right click *Huh who would vote yes on that ?

Long live the AU *Biggrin

AddRAM, May 13, 2017
  12. Dave1776 Win User
    Thanks Brink that resolved it an yeap I missed it have been fishing on my cell all day and just wiped out HA HA but resolved.

And I agree AddRAM it was a stupid idea to remove something that is needed more often then not!

Dave1776, May 13, 2017
  13. CountMike New Member

Control Panel

Old Control panel is being slowly phased out so they don't want new users to get used to it. Large part has been moved to settings.

CountMike, May 13, 2017
  14. Dave1776 Win User
    So in other words something that has been used for years and users are use to and works just fine is being replaced by something new that will no doubt have bugs in it until they work them out. WONDERFUL! *Rolleyes

Dave1776, May 13, 2017
  15. CountMike New Member
    Many things have changed during the years, I'm still sorry that old, multi pane File Explorer from W 3/3.1 was replaced by this clunky style which hails since W95. It worked all the way until XP if you just copied it's .exe. Luckily Total Commander and many lookalikes came out .
    "My Computer" and "This PC" names just don't associate to anything that may have something to do with files.
    Name "Setting" is also more natural than "Control panel".

CountMike, May 13, 2017
Thema:

Control Panel

1. Control Panel - Similar Threads - Control Panel

2. My nvidea control panel is only showing 3d settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My nvidea control panel is only showing 3d settings: My laptop is hp gaming series and have both amd integrated graphics and gtx 1650 . I tried many methods like uninstalling and reinstalling of drivers and I tried to change my preferred graphics in bios but hp is not giving 'advanced' option ....
  3. My nvidea control panel is only showing 3d settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My nvidea control panel is only showing 3d settings: My laptop is hp gaming series and have both amd integrated graphics and gtx 1650 . I tried many methods like uninstalling and reinstalling of drivers and I tried to change my preferred graphics in bios but hp is not giving 'advanced' option ....
  4. Drive does not show up in Manage Bitlocker control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive does not show up in Manage Bitlocker control panel: Hi there, I had an old 2TB HDD that was used for data on my old computer running Windows 10 pro. It was bitlocker encryped. I decrypted it on my old computer, and moved it to my new computer running Windows 11 pro. I removed the encryption on this drive as I was uncertain...
  5. Drive does not show up in Manage Bitlocker control panel

Drive does not show up in Manage Bitlocker control panel: Hi there, I had an old 2TB HDD that was used for data on my old computer running Windows 10 pro. It was bitlocker encryped. I decrypted it on my old computer, and moved it to my new computer running Windows 11 pro. I removed the encryption on this drive as I was uncertain...
  6. Control Panel/Explorer crashes when opening Get Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel/Explorer crashes when opening Get Programs: We have been gradually deploying Windows 11 within our environment and have run into an issue with the control panel. We deploy self service application installs via GPO with User Configuration > Policies > Software Settings > Software Installations. On Windows 10 it works...
  7. Control Panel/Explorer crashes when opening Get Programs

Control Panel/Explorer crashes when opening Get Programs: We have been gradually deploying Windows 11 within our environment and have run into an issue with the control panel. We deploy self service application installs via GPO with User Configuration > Policies > Software Settings > Software Installations. On Windows 10 it works...
  8. How to delete apps even though they are not found in control panel or settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete apps even though they are not found in control panel or settings?: Hi,I have VMware Professional 17 but i still have the player 17, even though i cant see it through control panel nor settings. Its still on my computer, I uninstalled it, but it still on my system. Its not even at file explorer as it is replaced with the pro version.I tried...
  9. How to delete apps even though they are not found in control panel or settings?

How to delete apps even though they are not found in control panel or settings?: Hi,I have VMware Professional 17 but i still have the player 17, even though i cant see it through control panel nor settings. Its still on my computer, I uninstalled it, but it still on my system. Its not even at file explorer as it is replaced with the pro version.I tried...
  10. Unable to open Control Panel on Windows 11

Unable to open Control Panel on Windows 11: I am unable to open the Control Panel on Windows 11. The conventional "Settings" App works fine, but whenever I try to open the Control Panel, nothing happens -- the mouse cursor simply indicates loading by the spinning blue circle and nothing ever opens."sfc /scannow"...