Windows 10: Control Panel

Discus and support Control Panel in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Where did the Control panel option do? I had an update today and I use to be able to right click the start menu to get to the control panel and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dave1776, May 13, 2017.

1. Dave1776 Win User

Control Panel

Hi

Where did the Control panel option do? I had an update today and I use to be able to right click the start menu to get to the control panel and I just went to access the CP to turn something off and the CP option is missing from the right click menu on the start button.

I can access the CP from within the start menu but it is no longer an option in the right click on start menu pop up menu items

Where has it gone?

Dave

:)

Dave1776, May 13, 2017
  2. Rohn007 Win User

control panel

Is it a "desktop" application or a Window Store app?

Find it in the Start menu and right click on the tile/icon. Some include an Uninstall Option.

Otherwise:SIX WAYS TO REMOVE OR UNINSTALL WINDOWS PROGRAMS AND APPS

http://www.7tutorials.com/six-ways-removeuninst...

1. Uninstall Programs from the Control Panel

2. Uninstall Programs Using their Uninstall Shortcuts

3. Uninstall Programs Using their Uninstall.exe

4. Uninstall Programs Using Their Setup MSI File

5. Uninstall Windows 8 Apps & Desktop Applications from the Start screen

6. Use a Specialized Software Uninstaller

COMPLETELY UNINSTALL / REMOVE A SOFTWARE PROGRAM IN WINDOWS WITH MANUAL DELETE STEPS – WITHOUT USING 3RD PARTY TOOL

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-completely-uninstal...

TRY A 3RD PARTY FREEWARE TOOL LIKE REVO UNINSTALLER

http://www.worldstart.com/revo-uninstaller/print/

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller...

2015 12 18- 16 FREE UNINSTALLER PROGRAMS

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/software-tools/tp...

Rohn007, May 13, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    control panel

I think you may find that in your Startup items:

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See if WinZip Driver Updater is listed there

If it is, select it and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list see if WinZip Driver Updater is listed, uncheck it you find it

Click Apply and OK

Restart your System and this annoyance will be gone . . .

DaveM121, May 13, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Control Panel

Brink, May 13, 2017
  5. You can also type "control" in the task bar search field and it will take you straight to the Control Panel too...just another option.

play2mefish, May 13, 2017
  6. AddRAM Win User
    You can also put the CP icon on the taskbar.

AddRAM, May 13, 2017
  7. Dave1776 Win User
    I know all the other ways I wanted it where I am use to accessing it reasomn I asked as the update removed it from where I wanted it.

Now I do have it back but every time I click it it now asks me if I want to open this. There was a check box about showing this warning every time so I unchecked it now I get this pop up every time but even the check box is gone now. Any way to stop this warning pop up as this was never there before the update

Dave1776, May 13, 2017
  8. Fafhrd Win User

Control Panel

Fafhrd, May 13, 2017
  9. Dave1776 Win User
    I didn't ask that as I don't want more things cluttering up my desktop or tool bar.

Dave1776, May 13, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It sounds like you may have missed doing step 3 below.

Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

If you like, remove the current shortcut, and start over to see if will work properly afterwards.

Brink, May 13, 2017
  11. AddRAM Win User
    I personally thought it was a ridiculous change in the Creator`s Update, why would they remove the Control Panel option from the start menu right click *Huh who would vote yes on that ?

Long live the AU *Biggrin

AddRAM, May 13, 2017
  12. Dave1776 Win User
    Thanks Brink that resolved it an yeap I missed it have been fishing on my cell all day and just wiped out HA HA but resolved.

And I agree AddRAM it was a stupid idea to remove something that is needed more often then not!

Dave1776, May 13, 2017
  13. CountMike New Member

Control Panel

Old Control panel is being slowly phased out so they don't want new users to get used to it. Large part has been moved to settings.

CountMike, May 13, 2017
  14. Dave1776 Win User
    So in other words something that has been used for years and users are use to and works just fine is being replaced by something new that will no doubt have bugs in it until they work them out. WONDERFUL! *Rolleyes

Dave1776, May 13, 2017
  15. CountMike New Member
    Many things have changed during the years, I'm still sorry that old, multi pane File Explorer from W 3/3.1 was replaced by this clunky style which hails since W95. It worked all the way until XP if you just copied it's .exe. Luckily Total Commander and many lookalikes came out .
    "My Computer" and "This PC" names just don't associate to anything that may have something to do with files.
    Name "Setting" is also more natural than "Control panel".

CountMike, May 13, 2017
Thema:

Control Panel

1. Control Panel - Similar Threads - Control Panel

2. windows 10 control panel "scan for hardware changes" freezes windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 control panel "scan for hardware changes" freezes windows 10: I have run DISM and DSC /scannow run scan for hardware changes all inclusive or with any heading selected and after 5 seconds or so, a complete freeze this is on a very recent completely clean install of windows 10 on a clean ssd drive and minimal installation of software...
  3. I need some information about how "activity" works in control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    I need some information about how "activity" works in control panel: To properly frame my question, I must include some of my personal choices. I have a flip phone, a.k.a dumb phone, --- for good reason. I neither want, nor intend to become involved social media; therefore, my phone is not my computer, flash light, or camera. I have all of...
  4. Control panel screensaver works intermittently

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Control panel screensaver works intermittently: I've had this problem for at least a year and I've had enough of it. It will work for maybe a day or 2 and then stop and I'll have to go and toggle the settings (move the timer from my default 2 minutes to 3 minutes and then back to 2 minutes, hit apply and okay) and then...
  5. Microsoft is removing Flash legacy components from Control Panel

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is removing Flash legacy components from Control Panel: Adobe Flash Player, one of the most common security threats of the web, will be removed from Windows 10 by the end of 2020. This move comes after Adobe said that it plans to phase out support for Flash Player in 2020. Software makers, including Microsoft, Google and Apple,...
  6. Spotify fades out when other apps have sound and that feature is turned off in control panel

Spotify fades out when other apps have sound and that feature is turned off in control panel: When I listen to Spotify and I'm using another application that has sound Spotify fades out and it's really annoying, this only started after the recent update. I went into control panel/sound and then the communication tab and selected do nothing and that didn't change...
  7. How to choose just one wallpaper from a theme in Settings app like we used to on Control Panel?

How to choose just one wallpaper from a theme in Settings app like we used to on Control Panel?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/gausah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j7cv0v/how_to_choose_just_one_wallpaper_from_a_theme_in/
  8. control panel>apps&features>uninstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    control panel>apps&features>uninstall: A web site "Taste of Home, recipe finder" appears in my apps and features and does not uninstall. When uninstall is selected a message appears "wait until current uninstall is completed". I began trying to uninstall this app/site two weeks and nothing but that same message...
  9. Network Adapter Missed in Control Panel

Network Adapter Missed in Control Panel: Hello, my laptop have several physical network adapters and some virtualization software installed VirtualBox, VMware and Hyper-V WSL2. I tried to create bridge a Hyper-V Virtual Adapter with Wi-Fi but failed. I had to run "netcfg -d" to cleanup network configurations and...
  10. Command Prompt opens and closes when I try to open settings and control panel from within...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt opens and closes when I try to open settings and control panel from within...: Whenever I try to open settings by clicking network and internet settings from the network icon in taskbar or when I try to open control panel by right clicking the sound icon in task bar then clicking open sound settings a command prompt opens and closes instantly instead of...