Windows 10: Control Panel

Discus and support Control Panel in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I 'upgraded' to Windows 10 yesterday and initially found the control panel but can no longer find it. I very badly want to change my wallpaper and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dockswede, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Dockswede Win User

Control Panel

I 'upgraded' to Windows 10 yesterday and initially found the control panel but can no longer find it. I very badly want to change my wallpaper and screen saver.
    Where is it?

:)

Dockswede, Oct 14, 2015
  2. Rohn007 Win User

control panel

Is it a "desktop" application or a Window Store app?

Find it in the Start menu and right click on the tile/icon. Some include an Uninstall Option.

Otherwise:SIX WAYS TO REMOVE OR UNINSTALL WINDOWS PROGRAMS AND APPS

http://www.7tutorials.com/six-ways-removeuninst...

1. Uninstall Programs from the Control Panel

2. Uninstall Programs Using their Uninstall Shortcuts

3. Uninstall Programs Using their Uninstall.exe

4. Uninstall Programs Using Their Setup MSI File

5. Uninstall Windows 8 Apps & Desktop Applications from the Start screen

6. Use a Specialized Software Uninstaller

COMPLETELY UNINSTALL / REMOVE A SOFTWARE PROGRAM IN WINDOWS WITH MANUAL DELETE STEPS – WITHOUT USING 3RD PARTY TOOL

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-completely-uninstal...

TRY A 3RD PARTY FREEWARE TOOL LIKE REVO UNINSTALLER

http://www.worldstart.com/revo-uninstaller/print/

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller...

2015 12 18- 16 FREE UNINSTALLER PROGRAMS

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/software-tools/tp...

Rohn007, Oct 14, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    control panel

I think you may find that in your Startup items:

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See if WinZip Driver Updater is listed there

If it is, select it and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list see if WinZip Driver Updater is listed, uncheck it you find it

Click Apply and OK

Restart your System and this annoyance will be gone . . .

DaveM121, Oct 14, 2015
  4. Control Panel

Hi,

Welcome to the forum

You should be able to change those in the new Settings app now

If you want the Control Panel, right hand click on the new start button, a lot of useful features show, one of which is the CP

paulsalter, Oct 14, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Control Panel

1. Control Panel - Similar Threads - Control Panel

2. Apps & Features (Settings) is no replacement for Programs & Features (Control Panel) in...

in Windows 10 News
    Apps & Features (Settings) is no replacement for Programs & Features (Control Panel) in...: When Microsoft announced that it would replace the entire Control Panel with the Settings app in Windows 10, no one thought that it would take the company longer than five years to achieve that goal. Microsoft migrated some Control Panel applets to the Settings application...
  3. Control Panel > Network and Internet - why doesn't Wi-Fi display as option?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Control Panel > Network and Internet - why doesn't Wi-Fi display as option?: After a recent regular restart of my computer, the Wi-Fi option no longer displays or connects on my PC. I have tried several other options like ensuring Network Discovery is turned on, as well as a network reset, to no avail. See some photos below of the current status of my...
  4. NVIDIA Control Panel is not compatible with installed NVIDIA Driver In Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    NVIDIA Control Panel is not compatible with installed NVIDIA Driver In Windows 10: used to be so simple download everything from nvidia, but now MS have distribution of the nvidia control panel and everything is messed up when i auto updated my driver through geforce experience, it then said the CP was missing, so just downloaded it from MS after i got...
  5. Uninstalled a program through control panel and now my D drive is wiped clean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalled a program through control panel and now my D drive is wiped clean?: I recently installed CAD Earth to my D drive but it didn't install into a folder like I wanted it to, so I went into control panel to uninstall it. Now every single folder and file that I had on the drive is gone. Not in recycle bin, gone. I've tried using Recuva but it's...
  6. Realtek do not show up on System Tray, Control Panel, device manager.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek do not show up on System Tray, Control Panel, device manager.: Hi, I need help n my Realtek, lately, the Realtek comes on and off on my PC and now it was totally dead. I installed fresh windows and audio drivers from my motherboard and no luck. Please see the screenshot below. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Bitlocker Can't be Turned off From Control Panel

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Can't be Turned off From Control Panel: Hello. I have a question about Bitlocker . My Dell Inspiron came with Windows 10 1903 Home installed. I was able to suspend Bitlocker from the Control Panel. Once I updated to version 1909 I was unable to use the control panel to suspend Bitlocker because the...
  8. I CANNOT delete this app no matter what I do. Its not showing up in control panel or...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I CANNOT delete this app no matter what I do. Its not showing up in control panel or...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mr2_Wei [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iuhzhx/i_cannot_delete_this_app_no_matter_what_i_do_its/
  9. Windows 10 unable to connect to LAN - LAN icon is missing from Control Panel.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 unable to connect to LAN - LAN icon is missing from Control Panel.: Device manager says my adapter is working fine. Troubleshooting cannot diagnose a problem. Already uninstalled, reinstalled and updated drivers. Already did a Windows Restore. Bluetooth, Wifi and internet work fine. Just a couple of days ago I've seen the icon in Control...
  10. Local Area Connection icon disappeared from Control Panel on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local Area Connection icon disappeared from Control Panel on Windows 10: 1 Already updated, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers; 2 Already made a full system restore; 3 Already troubleshooted; WiFi, Bluetooth and Ethernet icons are appearing. WiFi works fine. I've seen the said icon yesterday, now it's gone. moved...