Windows 10: Cortana not sending SMS from my PC

Discus and support Cortana not sending SMS from my PC in Cortana to solve the problem; When I initiate a text from Cortana on my PC (Surface Pro 4), I get the normal message that says, "I'll send that text using your phone. It may take a... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SCMBarnett, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Cortana not sending SMS from my PC

When I initiate a text from Cortana on my PC (Surface Pro 4), I get the normal message that says, "I'll send that text using your phone. It may take a minute depending on connectivity." However, it stays on that screen and never sends the text. It was working fine a few days ago and I don't believe I changed any settings. I know my phone and PC are communicating because if I share a web page from my phone using "Continue on PC," it works. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Cortana on my PC, have rebooted both my PC and my Pixel 2 Android phone. I have read several items in the support community but nothing has helped. Any suggestions?

:)

SCMBarnett, Oct 30, 2018

2. Cortana start menu pushing send SMS

I just received an Action Center notification for SMS with Cortana. Seems they're pushing a lot of their stuff lately. Just a couple days ago I had a Skype message too. I don't use either one, so I guess that's why the push. Got me. You can turn app suggestions off in settings, but they don't really bother me. Yet....

Bobby Phoenix, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    To Windows Mobile Insiders: Send SMS with Skype Preview

Source: To Windows Mobile Insiders: Send SMS with Skype Preview - Skype Blogs

See also:

Brink, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Cortana not sending SMS from my PC

You can now send SMS from the new Skype v8.13

Source: You can now send SMS from the new Skype - Microsoft Community

Brink, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Cortana not sending SMS from my PC

1. Cortana not sending SMS from my PC - Similar Threads - Cortana sending SMS

2. Send and receive sms and mms on windows PC from iphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send and receive sms and mms on windows PC from iphone: Hi all. I did search and was not able to find a solution. I have an Iphone 11 as well as an Iphone 8. I was using a Lumia 1520 until Microsoft discontinued Windows Mobile. I then moved to Android for awhile and finally Iphone. I have no plans to go back to the Android...
  3. Send and receive sms and mms on windows PC from iphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Send and receive sms and mms on windows PC from iphone: Hi all. I did search and was not able to find a solution. I have an Iphone 11 as well as an Iphone 8. I was using a Lumia 1520 until Microsoft discontinued Windows Mobile. I then moved to Android for awhile and finally Iphone. I have no plans to go back to the Android...
  4. Cortana has stopped sending SMS messages and Emails

in Cortana
    Cortana has stopped sending SMS messages and Emails: Both these functions used to work great, but as of the last (March 2019) update, both have stopped working. When I ask Cortana to send a message or compose an email, it just opens up a web search result. Windows all up to date, troubleshooter finds no problems; I'm beat!...
  5. Sending SMS from PC using Cortana and Windows phone

in Cortana
    Sending SMS from PC using Cortana and Windows phone: I used to send text/SMS messages from my PC (desktop and laptop) using Cortana by typing in the command "send text". It has suddenly stopped working and now I get the message "I'm sorry I can't send messages here. Try Cortana on your phone". I have a windows phone and use...
  6. sms from windows 10 message can not send from this device

in Cortana
    sms from windows 10 message can not send from this device: windows 10 1803 build 17134.472 Cortana gives me an error when I try to SMS I'm sorry, I can't send messages here. Try the Cortana app on your phone. Any clue , ideas? thanks charles...
  7. Cortana can no longer SMS from my Desktop?

in Cortana
    Cortana can no longer SMS from my Desktop?: Hi, My current configuration is PC = Surface Pro 3 = Running Windows 10 1809 Mobile = HP Elite X3 = Running Windows 10 mobile 1709 I have always used my Surface PC to send SMS from my phone and used to have two options... however trying to SMS today... it...
  8. Send SMS USSD with a gsm modem

in Windows 10 Support
    Send SMS USSD with a gsm modem: My laptop has an integrated GSM (HSPDA) modem that I can use to connect to the internet with a SIM card. I wonder if I can send SMS / USSD code with it under Windows 10. I know it is technically possible since it works under Linux (with modem-manager-gui). I need to send SMS...
  9. Cortana start menu pushing send SMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana start menu pushing send SMS: On cortana when I click it, normally I get some useful info, weather, appointments etc but lately I notice it comes up with something additional in trying to advertise its app on mobile devices like iOS and android and there is no way to get rid of it. It's very annoying....
  10. Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC: How to: Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC How to Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider build 14926, you can now send and receive SMS text messages from the updated Skype Preview...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. im sorry i cant send messages here. try the cortana app on your phone.

2. cortana send kenny a message

3. error when trying to send an sms from pc

4. CORTANA CANT SEND MESSAGES HERE,
  5. cortana says cant send messages here,
  6. im sorry i cant send messages here try the cortana app on your phone,
  7. im sorry i cant send messages here,
  8. skype sms relay windows 10,
  9. cortana sms,
  10. cortana stopped sending text,
  11. sms relay skype,
  12. cortana will not send my text messages,
  13. Cant send text messages from PC using Cortana,